Xavier Williams on IR.

Getting very thin. Probably good for Saunders development. Not sure he is ready to play well yet but it speeds up his development. He seems like an agile physical freak that should give inside pass rush when ready. I don’t think he will be a run stuffer. Who knows though. This year he is likely just a body. Big leap to the NFL.

12 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm not going to expect anything from Saunders this year.  

Honestly they need to fake injury IR him and sign some vets.

Yea, I agree. The problem is not only with Saunders inexperience, it also seems like he's out of shape. Similar to Nnadi. Nnadi appears to have good gap control when he's not tired, but come 3rd qtr., Nnadi starts to get pushed around. 

Personally, I'm a little excited to get a look at Ivie and Hamilton in action. If they can at least maintain gap control in the run game, I'd consider that win! I think Spags is gonna have to get creative when it comes to pass rush though..

No shit.....

Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer 

Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on the Chiefs' continued problems in stopping the run: “I know everybody is looking for a specific reason. There is no specific reason. If there's 20 plays in there that cause issues on over four- or five-yard runs, there may be 20 different reasons. So you just keep playing but you do all the things you talk about. You get off blocks, you make tackles and you get to the football. That's what you do.''

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No shit.....

Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer 

Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo on the Chiefs' continued problems in stopping the run: “I know everybody is looking for a specific reason. There is no specific reason. If there's 20 plays in there that cause issues on over four- or five-yard runs, there may be 20 different reasons. So you just keep playing but you do all the things you talk about. You get off blocks, you make tackles and you get to the football. That's what you do.''

So... execution and talent failed at multiple levels...

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Pretty much. D line needs to keep the LBs clean and occupy gaps...you know basic stuff but they are not and the rbs can drive trucks through those lanes. Even if they do the LBs need to hit their holes and attack olus everyone needs to tackle better. No wonder why our running game sucks even after we switched to a 43 defense.

22 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Yea, spags has said it. 

1.Gap Control - He's talking about Jones, Nnadi and Williams

2. Shedding blocks - LBs and Dline

3. Poor tackling - Everyone.

I've personally been pleased with Damien Wilson and Darron Lee. They seem to finish tackles WHEN THEY GET THERE. The problem is they're having problems getting there because the dline sucks so damn bad. 

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm not going to expect anything from Saunders this year.  

Honestly they need to fake injury IR him and sign some vets.

How is the dude gonna develop not playing? We will be a super bowl contender again next year. Why wouldn't you say the same thing about him then?

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How is the dude gonna develop not playing? We will be a super bowl contender again next year. Why wouldn't you say the same thing about him then?

Agreed. Playing time is a great thing to have

Even Jones was raw as hell but got better with playing. We have seen this for many raw rookies when they played.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Some guys need to get plenty of coaching reps and just generally hit the weight room before they are ready to be contributors.

It's not far-fetched to think he needs some time to accumulate.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Some guys need to get plenty of coaching reps and just generally hit the weight room before they are ready to be contributors.

It's not far-fetched to think he needs some time to accumulate.

He does look pretty frumpy. And looked like he was limited to bull rushing. Not exactly an arsenal of pass rush moves. But if he can help clog the middle that will be a step. Watching Nelson do that to Nnadi was really sad to me.

54 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Watching Nelson do that to Nnadi was really sad to me.

Lol...yea really sad!😂😂

Nnadi, Jones and Williams got bullied all night. Hell, I thought Nnadi was playing Safety a couple of time, he was being driven so far into the secondary. 

11 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Nelson is a beast. He does it to everyone. 
jones did well against him in the playoff game though. 

He is the best guard in football. Maybe the best OL in football. He grades out that way. But I dont care if he is Bruce Banner. We cant have our "best" run stuffer literally being driven 3 gaps over and pancaked. That shouldnt happen to any NFL player. 

Thats not just losing the battle of strength, that's technique, leverage, all of it. I thought my tv had cut away from the game and somehow picked up a WWF feed.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He is the best guard in football. Maybe the best OL in football. He grades out that way. But I dont care if he is Bruce Banner. We cant have our "best" run stuffer literally being driven 3 gaps over and pancaked. That shouldnt happen to any NFL player. 

Thats not just losing the battle of strength, that's technique, leverage, all of it. I thought my tv had cut away from the game and somehow picked up a WWF feed.

Bruce Banner is a scientist so I doubt he could block Nnadi.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yup, and it wasn't just one dude getting his ass kicked.  They all were