Houston @ KC - Predictions?

Any predictions? D-man called this last week, so I'll follow up for this week. Frank Clark garners a multi-sack game, finishing with 2.5, even against the Tunsil and Watson. Tough, tough matchup. 

Defense plays far more aggressive this game. Get Kelce involved early and often. 

Chiefs are capable of beating anybody on any given Sunday. Unfortunately, the injuries and lack of any semblance of a run defense really handcuffs this team and makes it easier for opponents to scheme us. 

My heart says Chiefs 31-Texans24

But my head is thinking Texans win over a depleted Chiefs team and Carlos Hyde goes for a buck twenty five and a score.😡

Houston is healthy and loaded with stars. They just buried the Sutton coaches Falcons with 50 plus points last week. It’s stunning to me we are still 4 pt favorites. I can easily see a 31-17 type loss EXCEPT throw in the OBrien is a shitty coach factor and possible return of Tyreek and it could be interesting if the MVP can survive 60 minutes of JJ Watt brutalizing Erving.
Great WRs vs our questionable corners loom large especially as we have to put a safety in the box to help banged up Dline. I really have no logical reason to feel good about this game.  Chiefs 24, Texans 23

3 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm not confident...  Injuries are the downfall here, but with Pat we're always in a game...

Texans - 28

Chiefs - 27

I am confident that Andy gets the oline back on track...Even Erving. I think the offense gets back to doing what they always do. I think this is the game we see if Spags is really worth the money. If we can hold the Texans to 25 or less, I think we win.

As a Homer I'd say KC, if money is on the line I'm taking Houston. Lot of injuries, Erving is a rotating door, Hyde spent camp with us and will know what to exploit. I think they will copy Indy and force is to stop the run, we will stack the box only to get burned deep with Watson arm and good receivers. If Hill returns our odds are much better.

I think losing Jones hurts big time and Clark will be just a guy once again. We lose by 7

11 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

As a Homer I'd say KC, if money is on the line I'm taking Houston. Lot of injuries, Erving is a rotating door, Hyde spent camp with us and will know what to exploit. I think they will copy Indy and force is to stop the run, we will stack the box only to get burned deep with Watson arm and good receivers. If Hill returns our odds are much better.

I think losing Jones hurts big time and Clark will be just a guy once again. We lose by 7

Yea, you made some good points. I too think we show the texans stacked boxes on first and second downs. That will definitely leave Hopkins or Fuller one on one..Guess we gotta pick our poison, right?

Houston in a rout. Going to take another loss to see how important the running game is. And another rough one for the defense. 
The running game will help both sides of the ball but Andy won’t make changes until this loss.

Houston 45

KC 27

also, this loss causes us to make a splash trade.

With the current state of both the offensive and defensive lines, I see this game as a loss...

Can't stop the run, can't protect our QB...  That's not even mentioning the fact that the Texans have a couple of good receivers and a pretty good QB too...

Chiefs will need to catch some breaks to pull off a win Sunday...

54 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If opponents are smart they will run against us 80% of the game all year until we prove we can stop it. Not only an effective offense,  but it's the best defense to keep pat on the bench. 

Teams have piled up tons of rushing yards using this strategy every week. But have only gotten one win from this strategy because ordinarily our offense is too potent for a running based offense to keep up with. Right now with major injury issues at LT and WR thats not the case. If I was them I'd run a lot and then use play action to get their elite WR group one on one with our questionable corners. It would be a winning formula. Their coach is a moron though who likes to coach by ego. So he may not be smart. We will see. 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

38-34 Chiefs. Defense will get shredded to the tune of over 500 yards given up. 

Ordinarily I'd feel great about going toe to toe in a scorefest with the Texans. I think in this one we need the UNDER to hit for us to win. 

Even if Hill plays, it doesn't mean he'll be 100% effective after nearly five weeks off.  I think Reid gets the offense back in sync, but not until Fisher gets back and Watkins is able to compliment Hill.  The defense, like many of us predicted, is a work in progress and won't be good for at least another season.  We hoped the could move up to slightly below average.  We hoped in vain.  

Houston 31

KC 24

I'm not sure about this game. I've watched both the Texans and Colts play the Falcons. Both times, these two teams looked very impressive, but the Falcons are not that good. 

I'm worried about the Texans receivers against the Chiefs secondary. 

32 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even if Hill plays, it doesn't mean he'll be 100% effective after nearly five weeks off.  I think Reid gets the offense back in sync, but not until Fisher gets back and Watkins is able to compliment Hill.  The defense, like many of us predicted, is a work in progress and won't be good for at least another season.  We hoped the could move up to slightly below average.  We hoped in vain.  

Houston 31

KC 24

Well our ppg we are 14th. That is a 10 rank increase from last year. Now to not let teams sneak back in and make it close....

Every offense has a bad outing once or twice a season. Just like the Pats last night. I expect the Chiefs to bounce back......

Houston is more inconsistent than the Chiefs. Good game, bad game, good then bad. They're up and down and so is O'Brien.

And yes waiting for that Clark breakout game.

Chiefs 31

Texans 27