Travis Etiene

Calichief

32 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah sure would fit nice in our offense but I am normally opposed to spending a first on a RB and it may take that.

You guys are the experts on that. I’m not versed enough to know where guys land. Especially rb position these days.

He looks like Hunt..

what’s your take?

I like him.  Hard not to like a running back who can house it at any time and in any situation.  That said he has the little guy issues, like is he big enough to hold up, and can he learn to block worth a shit.  Can he be another Kamara/McCaffrey type?  Hard to tell cause they barely throw it to him.   The catches I've seen were shitty routes and he didn't look natural at all until he got turned upfield.

The big knock on him to me is he lacks patience and doesn't let his blockers get set up, but holy crabcakes half of that is him shooting towards holes like he was shot out of a cannon.  His acceleration is stupid.  

DisfiguredCrazyAsiantrumpetfish-size_res

1 hour ago, xen said:

I like him.  Hard not to like a running back who can house it at any time and in any situation.  That said he has the little guy issues, like is he big enough to hold up, and can he learn to block worth a shit.  Can he be another Kamara/McCaffrey type?  Hard to tell cause they barely throw it to him.   The catches I've seen were shitty routes and he didn't look natural at all until he got turned upfield.

The big knock on him to me is he lacks patience and doesn't let his blockers get set up, but holy crabcakes half of that is him shooting towards holes like he was shot out of a cannon.  His acceleration is stupid.  

DisfiguredCrazyAsiantrumpetfish-size_res

He looks bigger on tv I guess. He doesn’t run small. 

12 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I think so.  It's way early, but if he stays healthy, he should.  He reminds me of Chris Johnson.  

He will test off the charts at the Combine. 

I see that. Even though CJ was lightening in a bottle, he ran hard. And that’s what I like about etiene, dude is not afraid to crack someone.

Eh, I'm not really as high on him as you guys seem to be.

Really runs far too upright for my liking, not sure how much I like him in the passing game and most of all I just think Clemson is just buzzsaw'ing through some rather shitty teams.  I don't hate him, but there are some real question marks here and honestly I would rather see them focus on the line since Andy doesn't fucking bother scanning his entire Denny's Menu anyhow.

Unless we're getting a new Head Coach, I have no idea why we would ever take a Runningback in the first round.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Eh, I'm not really as high on him as you guys seem to be.

Really runs far too upright for my liking, not sure how much I like him in the passing game and most of all I just think Clemson is just buzzsaw'ing through some rather shitty teams.  I don't hate him, but there are some real question marks here and honestly I would rather see them focus on the line since Andy doesn't fucking bother scanning his entire Denny's Menu anyhow.

Unless we're getting a new Head Coach, I have no idea why we would ever take a Runningback in the first round.

That’s why I’m asking. I’m high on him. I’m curios as to when he can be had.

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That’s why I’m asking. I’m high on him. I’m curios as to when he can be had.

No, you're good.

Looking over things, I don't see any RB's that are truly elite with this class.  Some are great though, but I think none will go in the top 10.

D'Andre Swift is #1 on my list right now and Taylor is #2.  Those are the two backs I think are first round caliber guys at least for right now.

Etienne, I think, is in that Alvin Kamara realm.  Somewhere in the 2nd round, but it's too early to really get a great feel exactly where till we have a better idea who declares early.  But I will say if that if a new CBA is still looming, I foresee a large underclass declaration happening.  So I wouldn't rule it out if you're thinking you'd like to land him in the 2nd round.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs just have greater needs than at RB.  O-line, LB, and CB seem like areas where a first round pick could play immediately.

I’m am not saying draft him in the first round. Or even drafting ... I just like him. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs just have greater needs than at RB.  O-line, LB, and CB seem like areas where a first round pick could play immediately.

I wouldn't pass on good talent to tey and slap it altogether in a year.  They are going to blow the window this year, so time to do it right.

Just wouldn't spend high on a RB because Andy can't feel fucking bothered to flip his sheet for long stretches of time.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...