Texans @ Chiefs GDT

28 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Sutton should have been fired years ago.

Don't mistake that for "keep Sutton"

That meant to not totally change Defensive formats and try to shuffle nearly 11 personnel and to hire a coach that has had some historic bads to lead the charge.

They needed a Defensive coach with a spine that would have kept a 3 down lineman concept.

This isn't all Spagnuolo's fault and he is at least willing to do adjustments, but he's too complicit in Andy Reid's country club way of life.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

That meant to not totally change Defensive formats and try to shuffle nearly 11 personnel and to hire a coach that has had some historic bads to lead the charge.

They needed a Defensive coach with a spine that would have kept a 3 down lineman concept.

Rex Ryan, like you, I, and others had hoped for.

Just now, artsy said:

Rex Ryan wouldn't be able to do anything with this roster 

Meh, in fairness, I see what spags did today: he stopped the big play passing offense for Houston. And the corners are much better than last year. I bet he hoped for some chance that stopping the run would happen after probably talking about it all week.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Rex Ryan wouldn't be able to do anything with this roster 

Maybe not but we'd be blitzing the hell out of it.    But I mean who wouldn't want to run a vanilla scheme and be on the field for about 40 minutes a game.   Whats said is we got a couple of turnovers in the redzone otherwise this game would have been a blow out.    

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Meh, in fairness, I see what spags did today: he stopped the big play passing offense for Houston. And the corners are much better than last year. I bet he hoped for some chance that stopping the run would happen after probably talking about it all week.

Man I would love to know how the team meetings watching game tape goes. They cant be sitting there thinking all is fine and then trot out the same shit each week?

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Maybe not but we'd be blitzing the hell out of it.    But I mean who wouldn't want to run a vanilla scheme and be on the field for about 40 minutes a game.   Whats said is we got a couple of turnovers in the redzone otherwise this game would have been a blow out.    

The WRs dropped 3 for sure TDs today too. Should have been worse for us on that one also.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Man I would love to know how the team meetings watching game tape goes. They cant be sitting there thinking all is fine and then trot out the same shit each week?

That's question I keep wondering about.  How do they sit together and watch game tape without going apeshit crazy??

My expectations have dropped like the Hindenburg. We have very little talent on this team. As I mentioned before and took a hit, Mahomes is being wasted. No O line, no defense, a few toys on offense, Hill's the real deal but Watkins is always week to week. Mahomes is starting to look a little gun shy back there. In my opinion, talent-wise, he's the best in the league. He gets absolutely no help. NFL has figured it out. 

Just now, artsy said:

That's question I keep wondering about.  How do they sit together and watch game tape without going apeshit crazy??

Lol yes. Our a leader stepping up and bitching out how we need to change etc. Man I would feel guilty being paid to do nothing......almost like I was back working for the government, minus the million dollars per year salary! lol

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

This isn't all Spagnuolo's fault and he is at least willing to do adjustments, but he's too complicit in Andy Reid's country club way of life.

I guess we won't know if it was the right decision until later on. At this point we're losing the SB window before getting Discount Double-Checked by 200 mill.

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

My expectations have dropped like the Hindenburg. We have very little talent on this team. As I mentioned before and took a hit, Mahomes is being wasted. No O line, no defense, a few toys on offense, Hill's the real deal but Watkins is always week to week. Mahomes is starting to look a little gun shy back there. In my opinion, talent-wise, he's the best in the league. He gets absolutely no help. NFL has figured it out. 

They may figured us out, but where reid and co. Have to earn their paychecks 

25 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Hard to disagree. 

If we continue to give up almost 200 yards rushing and the other team has the ball 40 minutes a game....we aren't going to win another game.  I agree we need to blitz so much it redefines the word.  If they score so what at least they don't burn 10 minutes a drive...or maybe...just maybe...we can force a punt...

This team can still play just good enough on D to win and like last year....must play almost perfect on offense.

The last 2 losses are on the offense. Mahomes had two key turnovers. That INT should not have been thrown. The fumble was a weird play call but still in his control. Yes there were calls made or not made etc. Offense cost this team. The defense played just lousy enough to win.