What Happened to this team?

I feel like i am in a time warp back to when Crennel was the HC...i had to listen on the internet while at work and bite my tongue but i cussed my ass off in the car listening to the 2nd half

this team wouldn't be able to stop the Jayhawks from running the ball down their throats and now we have a short week and get Lindsey in denver on thursday. will we lose three in a row?

that is a real possibility with this shitfest of a team. Watkins hurt AGAIN (no fucking surprise), Clark invisible AGAIN, Secondary and Linebackers looks so damn bad. Don't think this team even needs to think about giving jones a big contract, we need to spend that money elsewhere since Brett Reach has done such a steller job of grabbing talent. Justin Houston gets retribution against us last week, Hyde goes off this week...does denver have any former chiefs with a chip on their shoulder??

Chiefs could have gotten anyone else to be the DC to be an upgrade from Werthers but andy had to have spags and the defense plays worse than last year....WTFH!!!!!

Been a long time since i have been this pissed, and i will say it now...we are not going to be in miami, hell i doubt we win the division and that is fine because that is all we ever do and it doesn't mean shit without the lombardi...suck it up for another year boys and see if we can take another shot in 2020

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I feel like i am in a time warp back to when Crennel was the HC...i had to listen on the internet while at work and bite my tongue but i cussed my ass off in the car listening to the 2nd half

this team wouldn't be able to stop the Jayhawks from running the ball down their throats and now we have a short week and get Lindsey in denver on thursday. will we lose three in a row?

that is a real possibility with this shitfest of a team. Watkins hurt AGAIN (no fucking surprise), Clark invisible AGAIN, Secondary and Linebackers looks so damn bad. Don't think this team even needs to think about giving jones a big contract, we need to spend that money elsewhere since Brett Reach has done such a steller job of grabbing talent. Justin Houston gets retribution against us last week, Hyde goes off this week...does denver have any former chiefs with a chip on their shoulder??

Chiefs could have gotten anyone else to be the DC to be an upgrade from Werthers but andy had to have spags and the defense plays worse than last year....WTFH!!!!!

Been a long time since i have been this pissed, and i will say it now...we are not going to be in miami, hell i doubt we win the division and that is fine because that is all we ever do and it doesn't mean shit without the lombardi...suck it up for another year boys and see if we can take another shot in 2020

I feel the same way Warpaint.  I haven't been this disapointed and upset about a Chiefs since the Titans loss.   What worries me is that Veach hasn't done the best at drafting or with FA contracts.  We are stuck with most of these guys and don't have the draft ammo to fix it this offseason.   Andy still being Andy and calling a great quarter followed by 3 atrocious ones.   One bad game I can understand but we are going on 3 games in a row of making careless errors, a ton of penalties, horrid play calling and a D that couldn't stop a running attack if there were just 5 lineman a rb and qb on O.  We look confused, out of place and super slow at diagnosing a play and getting to the ball carrier.   We have the best qb in the world on our team and I don't have any more hope than when we had Alex Smith.   

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I feel the same way Warpaint.  I haven't been this disapointed and upset about a Chiefs since the Titans loss.   What worries me is that Veach hasn't done the best at drafting or with FA contracts.  We are stuck with most of these guys and don't have the draft ammo to fix it this offseason.   Andy still being Andy and calling a great quarter followed by 3 atrocious ones.   One bad game I can understand but we are going on 3 games in a row of making careless errors, a ton of penalties, horrid play calling and a D that couldn't stop a running attack if there were just 5 lineman a rb and qb on O.  We look confused, out of place and super slow at diagnosing a play and getting to the ball carrier.   We have the best qb in the world on our team and I don't have any more hope than when we had Alex Smith.   

Watching the Rams-49ers game. So this is what defense looks like? Amazing.

The Chiefs defense is in full train wreck mode. You'll get a play here or there but they cannot stop any good offense. They play soft, tackle poorly, are slow to react, have poor ball awareness and commit way too many penalties. And that is the #1 issue...this is a poorly coached, undisciplined team. Pathetic. I'm just waiting for the apologists to come on here and say Mahomes was the reason we lost that game...if he hadn't fumbled before the half, blah, blah, blah (let's not get started about the horrible Oline).

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

YEP. Ill add promoted the wrong guy to GM. 

I'm not willing to argue that ..seeing what the J-E-T-S are doing to the plowboys  defensively makes me cry

I'm almost on the  Hire Brian Schottenheimer as the new HC  and  scrap the Coaches and GM bandwagon

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not willing to argue that ..seeing what the J-E-T-S are doing to the plowboys  defensively makes me cry

I'm almost on the  Hire Brian Schottenheimer as the new HC  and  scrap the Coaches and GM bandwagon

Im not really disappointed. This is about what I expected. If KC had NE schedule they too would be 6-0. This is a really tough schedule. I did not think the players Veach and CO have added would make a huge impact. I was never sold that the unemployed Spags would work miracles. I did think the defense would be a bit better and still think it can improve. The super bowl or nothing, PFF rankings, talking head takes and other fantasy geek stats attitude is a recipe for frustration/depression.

This team can still play just good enough on D to win and like last year....must play almost perfect on offense.

The last 2 losses are on the offense. Mahomes had two key turnovers. That INT should not have been thrown. The fumble was a weird play call but still in his control. Yes there were calls made or not made etc. Offense cost this team. The defense played just lousy enough to win.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Injuries; and reid doing reid is a yearly occurrence 

11 carries. 11 

So true. Opposing teams really don't need to game plan for our running game. They literally only have to be concerned about 8-11 running plays per game. I guess they figure if we have success with the run, they'll adjust in game. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ha ha! that's like a KC fan dream/fantasy. Hire the son of a legendary Chiefs coach, who runs the Air Coryell system. Imagine Machomes in that system. While we're at it, bring Rex Ryan out of retirement to run the defense (Brian Schottenheimer coached under him if I remember). Ok, I know I'm getting carried away now, LOL

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Who's injured on defense? Jones and Hitchens.

They did play last week...

We don't have the horses. That's it.

The offensive injuries are hurting too. It’s making reid run even less. We aren’t controlling the call. Reid better wake up and use the short pass. And mix in more than 11 carries

Basically everyone except Mahomes that's been acquired since 2017 hasn't worked out at all.

The player acquisition decisions by Reid and Veach have been awful and they're paying for it now with all the injuries.

Just now, dksww said:

Basically everyone except Mahomes that's been acquired since 2017 hasn't worked out at all.

The player acquisition decisions by Reid and Veach have been awful and they're paying for it now with all the injuries.

Actually. This is right. I think fuller has been better than everyone else. Badger is fine too. Everyone single other person blows.

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Actually. This is right. I think fuller has been better than everyone else. Badger is fine too. Everyone single other person blows.

Fuller and HB aren't making a difference though.  They're JAGs.  Just average at best.

Think about it.  Our CBs and LBs have been awful since 2017 and Veach and Reid have done absolutely nothing to correct it.  Our LB and CB units are still the worst in the league.

Offense is injuries. Defense is abject failure to bring in talent at coach and on field. There is an awful lot of money on that field not putting up stats. Watkins disappears after week 1 and then takes his month long vacation. Fisher out. Hitchens out and ineffective. Clark should be a game changer and isn’t doing anything. Sorenson’s money. HB is kind of there, but isn’t game changing the secondary. Wasted. Money. Relative. To. Production.

Veach should be fired for that.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Offense is injuries. Defense is abject failure to bring in talent at coach and on field. There is an awful lot of money on that field not putting up stats. Watkins disappears after week 1 and then takes his month long vacation. Fisher out. Hitchens out and ineffective. Clark should be a game changer and isn’t doing anything. Sorenson’s money. HB is kind of there, but isn’t game changing the secondary. Wasted. Money. Relative. To. Production.

Veach should be fired for that.

Hard to argue with it.

I'll say it again and even with Andy Reid, we as fans should have 0 loyalties to Andy Reid and Brett Veach. 

If they can't build a roster to win a Super Bowl around Mahomes, then fuck 'em!  Move on.