What Happened to this team?

Just now, dksww said:

Hard to argue with it.

I'll say it again and even with Andy Reid, we as fans should have 0 loyalties to Andy Reid and Brett Veach. 

If they can't build a roster to win a Super Bowl around Mahomes, then fuck 'em!  Move on.

Clark Hunt needs to be married to one other person other than his wife and that’s Pat Mahomes II.   You can’t waste this kids career away on some bad GM and coaching decisions.  

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Clark Hunt needs to be married to one other person other than his wife and that’s Pat Mahomes II.   You can’t waste this kids career away on some bad GM and coaching decisions.  

Exactly.

I'm not sure if it's quite time to say fire Veach and Reid, but it's definitely time to start wondering why we can't ever sign or draft quality players.

7 minutes ago, dksww said:

Exactly.

I'm not sure if it's quite time to say fire Veach and Reid, but it's definitely time to start wondering why we can't ever sign or draft quality players.

No I don’t think you fire Andy Reid but you can take some control back especially if this year ends like last year.   And I’m not so sure Veach doesn’t get fired for it, of course that’s assuming this year ends with the D being worse.  Lots of picks money and decisions were made to made this D serviceable and it’s worse.  That’s a fireable offense.   He’s already married us to Frank, Tryann, and Hitchems for a couple years which is crippling.   IMO he has overpaid every player on this roster with the exception of Hill but that’s only because of Hills offseason.  His drafts have been worse, which says a lot.   And then there is Spags.  I had high hopes but so far Veach has made some monumental blunders that are going to cost us this year and next more than likely.   I’m beyond ready for a fire breathing aggressive DC that believes in accountability.   

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

No I don’t think you fire Andy Reid but you can take some control back especially if this year ends like last year.   And I’m not so sure Veach doesn’t get fired for it, of course that’s assuming this year ends with the D being worse.  Lots of picks money and decisions were made to made this D serviceable and it’s worse.  That’s a fireable offense.   He’s already married us to Frank, Tryann, and Hitchems for a couple years which is crippling.   IMO he has overpaid every player on this roster with the exception of Hill but that’s only because of Hills offseason.  His drafts have been worse, which says a lot.   And then there is Spags.  I had high hopes but so far Veach has made some monumental blunders that are going to cost us this year and next more than likely.   I’m beyond ready for a fire breathing aggressive DC that believes in accountability.   

I could see it that way as well.  I just worry Andy Reid just doesn't have the killer instinct we need at HC to win a title.

I completely agree that if season goes very bad, Veach should be fired and player/personnel decisions be taken away from Reid.

Keep in mind though, Clark Hunt has said all year this is a Super Bowl or bust season so if it goes really bad, who knows what might happen.

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

I could see it that way as well.  I just worry Andy Reid just doesn't have the killer instinct we need at HC to win a title.

I completely agree that if season goes very bad, Veach should be fired and player/personnel decisions be taken away from Reid.

Keep in mind though, Clark Hunt has said all year this is a Super Bowl or bust season so if it goes really bad, who knows what might happen.

I hope that’s the case.  It doesn’t take a genius to see our drafts have been garbage and high priced FAs aren’t helping.   Spags will get another year but I’m sure Clark H won’t be happy when we can’t resign Chris Jones because of Frank Clark withou fielding a worse defense than this year.   He fired Dorsey for less imo (JC).   

7 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I said last week "If we don't have Mahomes, are we the Dolphins?" Well imagine swapping Mahomes for Rosen and think about it.

Agree. This is an 8-8 team without Mahomes. Miami does not have a Hill or Kelce so KC is not as bad.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Your telling me Brandon Marshall and Mason Foster are worse than this rag tag group we having playing lbs?   Oh that’s right we can’t turn over any of Dave Toubs turds at then bottom of the roster.   Looking at you DAT

We need to sign both of these guys 

Toub and Spags should be fired at end of year if their sides of the game are like today. Toub is worthless without Hester or Hill returning kicks. Alll flags all day with DAT getting 10 yards per kickoff return. Let alone fielding punts inside the 5 when we actually force punts.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

Toub and Spags should be fired at end of year if their sides of the game are like today. Toub is worthless without Hester or Hill returning kicks. Alll flags all day with DAT getting 10 yards per kickoff return. Let alone fielding punts inside the 5 when we actually force punts.

Spags...now referred to a SPAZ was unemployed for a reason. He was leftovers. How about the SF DC? If your coach is older maybe hire some younger guys. SPAZ is old school. I do like his interview skills. Just can match his talk with results. 

40 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I hope that’s the case.  It doesn’t take a genius to see our drafts have been garbage and high priced FAs aren’t helping.   Spags will get another year but I’m sure Clark H won’t be happy when we can’t resign Chris Jones because of Frank Clark withou fielding a worse defense than this year.   He fired Dorsey for less imo (JC).   

I cannot help but think Clark Hunt should have kept Dorsey as GM, he did a lot rebuild this team to be a contender,  Just hire someone to handle the contract part. 

2 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I cannot help but think Clark Hunt should have kept Dorsey as GM, he did a lot rebuild this team to be a contender,  Just hire someone to handle the contract part. 

Yes. I herd he is not liked though. Even in Cleve the organization complains about his lack of leadership/people skills.

2 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

That move has always concerned me. All I here is how he gave out bad contracts, and he may have, but this is the only argument I've heard against him.  

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Yes. I herd he is not liked though. Even in Cleve the organization complains about his lack of leadership/people skills.

I hadn't heard that. What's frustrating is, I remember when the Chiefs had depth and were a very solid competitive team.  Every since that opening game in 2017 when they beat the Pats at NE, they turned into sort of a finesse offensive team.  

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Veach was never the plan. It was suppose to be Dorsey then Ballard. Allowing Ballard to leave then the unexpected firing of Dorsey is what put Veach in. I don't believe it was ever the plan A or B, but best of what we had at the time. 

I think you are correct.

I'm watching the game, and 1st half is almost over. Chiefs up 17-3.  Everything looks solid so far, not perfect but solid. The secondary is playing well also. I know the outcome so it's going to be frustrating to see what actually happens. One positive is the coaches are trying to correct things. There are small things I'm seeing that makes me believe this. 

Now it's on to the rest of the game , to see were the wheels fall off. 

31 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm watching the game, and 1st half is almost over. Chiefs up 17-3.  Everything looks solid so far, not perfect but solid. The secondary is playing well also. I know the outcome so it's going to be frustrating to see what actually happens. One positive is the coaches are trying to correct things. There are small things I'm seeing that makes me believe this. 

Now it's on to the rest of the game , to see were the wheels fall off. 

It's when the refs picked up the flag for an obvious defensive holding penalty that ended up an interception.  Mahomes only took the chance because he thought it was a free play

16 minutes ago, dksww said:

It's when the refs picked up the flag for an obvious defensive holding penalty that ended up an interception.  Mahomes only took the chance because he thought it was a free play

That was a very bad penalty but, IMO it's when Mahomes is stripped of the ball after the INT by Thornhill. I don't blame Thornhill or Reid on that one, I blame the Oline.  I like the play call because Reid was being aggressive and trying to hurt the Texans, and capitalize on the turnover. 

I'm about to watch the 2nd half. 

With Mahomes, the Chiefs can win some games with average talent elsewhere.  With a slowed Mahomes and all the injuries, the Chiefs may be average or below.  Except for Kelce and Hill, who played for the Chiefs today that would start for every other team?  Maybe Shwartz and HB are above average.  Clark is just okay so far but not nearly worth what the Chiefs gave for him.  McCoy could get PT on most teams.  That's it.  With Jones, Fisher, Watkins out, this is an average team that needs Mahomes to do his creative thing and that's not happening with a bum ankle and a broke line.  LAC is losing to keep the Chiefs in contention if some bodies heal, but at the moment, the Chiefs are not a playoff quality team. 

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

With Mahomes, the Chiefs can win some games with average talent elsewhere.  With a slowed Mahomes and all the injuries, the Chiefs may be average or below.  Except for Kelce and Hill, who played for the Chiefs today that would start for every other team?  Maybe Shwartz and HB are above average.  Clark is just okay so far but not nearly worth what the Chiefs gave for him.  McCoy could get PT on most teams.  That's it.  With Jones, Fisher, Watkins out, this is an average team that needs Mahomes to do his creative thing and that's not happening with a bum ankle and a broke line.  LAC is losing to keep the Chiefs in contention if some bodies heal, but at the moment, the Chiefs are not a playoff quality team. 

Agree with most of your take. Raiders may be a bigger challenge. Rivers has hit the wall. His play, even his garbage time, is garbage. AFC West is a below average division now. I think KC will win it at 10-6.