Awful refs, coaching, execution and players

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

I'll get to the Chiefs in a moment, but the referees today were just atrocious. 

The call in the 2nd quarter where the refs said there was no defensive holding during an interception because the ball had been already thrown completely flipped the game in the Texans' favor.

KC was up 17-9 and probably getting 7 again and this blown call just ruined the game.  I've watched a ton of football in my life and I've literally never seen this reason given to take back a defensive holding call.  It was total bullshit.

There was also another play where the Texans where driving and on a 2 and 10 run by Hyde.   The refs threw a flag for offensive holding then picked that up stating no foul had occurred.  Texans went on to score a TD.

And, of course, the Chiefs lost their challenge of DPI where Kelce was clearly interfered with on a key 3rd and 5 and the refs wouldn't change the call after the review.  They also didn't change it on a Texans' review of Kelce's OPI to start the game on the 50 yard pass to Williams.  I don't understand the PI review rules at all.    

I'm not sure what it is, but the Chiefs just can never get on the right side of calls.  Today seemed like if we made any kind of play, it was negated by penalty.

Now, onto the Chiefs.  They totally suck ass right now.  Injuries, penalties, play calling and poor execution are just killing us.  There's 0 quality depth behind our starters.  Andy Reid's game planning and play calling has just been awful.  He has no clue what to do.  He's calling way too many pass plays and you can't win in the NFL without a run game or balance to your offense.  The defense still sucks.  All the moves they made this off-season have had 0 impact so far. 

I'm beginning to question Brett Veach's decisions as a GM.  There's 1 good player out of the 2017 and 2018 drafts;  Mahomes.  Last year's draft was/is a complete waste.  We got nothing out of it. 

They took all defensive players in the 2018 draft and only Nnadi is playing.  He's not even good.  Tremon Smith was cut and the others can't get on the fied.  This can not happen.

This year's draft doesn't appear to be anything special, either.  Hardman and Thornhill look ok, but I'm not sure they'll be difference makers and Khalen Saunders in the 3rd round just looks like a completely wasted pick.  He was no where to be found out there today.

Brett Veach's FA signings are just as bad.  Frank Clark is a huge disappointment so far and Mathieu looks just average.  All the other signings of just average guys to fill roster spots haven't worked out either.  I was excited for Brett Veach but this has been 2-3 off-seasons of him just not being able to find anyone in the draft or free agency that can come in a make a difference on either side of the ball.  

I'm also getting tired of these turds by Andy Reid.  We don't even try to run the ball and he keeps calling plays exposing Mahomes who is already hobbled, yet Reid just keeps calling drop back passes every down.  After the Chiefs got the interception by Ward in the end zone and finally gained some momentum, Reid promptly called 3 straight pass plays that went no where and we had to punt which lost the game.  We had to go down and get points on that drive with how bad the defense was playing.  

Teams are just going to run the ball 35 times a game against us because our defense never puts more than 7 in the box and can't stop the run.  And no, there's no indication it will get fixed the rest of the season.  

Look, I get it, injuries and all that are a big part of this but the holes Veach and Reid have created TOGETHER in their awful player acquisition decisions are why there's no quality depth on offense and why there isn't any good players on defense.  We haven't drafted worth a shit in 3 straight drafts now.  That's inexcusable.  All that's coming to light right now with the injuries.  

If the Chiefs can rally and save the season then it's one thing, but if this season goes south and we end up 8-8 or worse, then Clark Hunt has serious decisions to make about Brett Veach and possibly even Andy Reid. 

I have no loyalties with these guys.  Fuck 'em.  I want a Super Bowl and I want whoever can get that done in KC.

We have a generational Quarterback in Mahomes.  He isn't going anywhere.

If Veach and Reid are ever fired, KC will have top GMs and HCs falling over themselves to be in KC.

I'm going to try and stay positive because I realize injuries are a big part of this, but the play calling, reserve players and defense have just been awful and there's no reason to believe anything done the past few off-seasons will make a difference the rest of the year.

Outstanding. Well said. Best post of the year.

I'm beginning to question Brett Veach's decisions as a GM.  There's 1 good player out of the 2017 and 2018 drafts;  Mahomes.  Last year's draft was/is a complete waste.  We got nothing out of it. 

They took all defensive players in the 2018 draft and only Nnadi is playing.  He's not even good.  Tremon Smith was cut and the others can't get on the fied.  This can not happen.

This year's draft doesn't appear to be anything special, either.  Hardman and Thornhill look ok, but I'm not sure they'll be difference makers and Khalen Saunders in the 3rd round just looks like a completely wasted pick.  He was no where to be found out there today.

Brett Veach's FA signings are just as bad.  Frank Clark is a huge disappointment so far and Mathieu looks just average.  All the other signings of just average guys to fill roster spots haven't worked out either.  I was excited for Brett Veach but this has been 2-3 off-seasons of him just not being able to find anyone in the draft or free agency that can come in a make a difference on either side of the ball.  

FANATIC TAKE.....I AGREE 100%

2 hours ago, dksww said:

The call in the 2nd quarter where the refs said there was no defensive holding during an interception because the ball had been already thrown completely flipped the game in the Texans' favor.

KC was up 17-9 and probably getting 7 again and this blown call just ruined the game.  I've watched a ton of football in my life and I've literally never seen this reason given to take back a defensive holding call.  It was total bullshit.

There was also another play where the Texans where driving and on a 2 and 10 run by Hyde.   The refs threw a flag for offensive holding then picked that up stating no foul had occurred.  Texans went on to score a TD.

And, of course, the Chiefs lost their challenge of DPI where Kelce was clearly interfered with on a key 3rd and 5 and the refs wouldn't change the call after the review.  They also didn't change it on a Texans' review of Kelce's OPI to start the game on the 50 yard pass to Williams.  I don't understand the PI review rules at all.    

I'm not sure what it is, but the Chiefs just can never get on the right side of calls.  Today seemed like if we made any kind of play, it was negated by penalty.

Now, onto the Chiefs.  They totally suck ass right now.  Injuries, penalties, play calling and poor execution are just killing us.  There's 0 quality depth behind our starters.  Andy Reid's game planning and play calling has just been awful.  He has no clue what to do.  He's calling way too many pass plays and you can't win in the NFL without a run game or balance to your offense.  The defense still sucks.  All the moves they made this off-season have had 0 impact so far. 

I'm also getting tired of these turds by Andy Reid.  We don't even try to run the ball and he keeps calling plays exposing Mahomes who is already hobbled, yet Reid just keeps calling drop back passes every down.  After the Chiefs got the interception by Ward in the end zone and finally gained some momentum, Reid promptly called 3 straight pass plays that went no where and we had to punt which lost the game.  We had to go down and get points on that drive with how bad the defense was playing.  

Teams are just going to run the ball 35 times a game against us because our defense never puts more than 7 in the box and can't stop the run.  And no, there's no indication it will get fixed the rest of the season.  

Look, I get it, injuries and all that are a big part of this but the holes Veach and Reid have created TOGETHER in their awful player acquisition decisions are why there's no quality depth on offense and why there isn't any good players on defense.  We haven't drafted worth a shit in 3 straight drafts now.  That's inexcusable.  All that's coming to light right now with the injuries.  

If the Chiefs can rally and save the season then it's one thing, but if this season goes south and we end up 8-8 or worse, then Clark Hunt has serious decisions to make about Brett Veach and possibly even Andy Reid. 

I have no loyalties with these guys.  Fuck 'em.  I want a Super Bowl and I want whoever can get that done in KC.

If Veach and Reid are ever fired, KC will have top GMs and HCs falling over themselves to be in KC.

I'm going to try and stay positive because I realize injuries are a big part of this, but the play calling, reserve players and defense have just been awful and there's no reason to believe anything done the past few off-seasons will make a difference the rest of the year.

I've sat here for years and listened to you bash the chicken littles and talk about KC fans being the most dramatic and fair weathered you've come across. 

Now look at you. We are in first place and playing our biggest rival in their

house on TNF on a short week. 

Sack up...on to Denver. 

20 minutes ago, dksww said:

"23 games into his career and we've wasted Mahomes???  🤣🤣

Chiefs fans woe is me will say ANYTHING lol"

This was your reply to me last week. You sound woeful and are saying anything. Must be a Chiefs fan.  lol right back at ya :)

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I've sat here for years and listened to you bash the chicken littles and talk about KC fans being the most dramatic and fair weathered you've come across. 

Now look at you. We are in first place and playing our biggest rival in there house on TNF on a short week. 

Sack up...on to Denver. 

I'm not being dramatic.  Our roster is in shambles and Reid and Veach haven't found any good players in 3 off-seasons since Dorsey left.  It's time to start asking why is all I'm saying.

Sure, our cap situation is much better but what's it matter when you can't find the right players to sign or draft?

Firing them is worst case scenario like going 5-11 this year and it completely fell apart.

We shouldn't give these guys too big of a leash because again, Elite GMs and HCs would be doing anything they can to get to KC and be with Mahomes.

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

This was your reply to me last week. You sound woeful and are saying anything. Must be a Chiefs fan.  lol right back at ya :)

Is what I'm saying really that crazy?  No, it's not.  I'm not saying anything outlandish like that, just pointing out the roster is a mess and if it continues, there needs to be a change going forward.

Wasting Mahomes would be keeping Brett Veach and Andy Reid for 10 more years if nothing changes with the roster and defense.

What you were suggesting was different or what I'm seeing on Twitter today is that now Mahomes will want out of KC which is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Is what I'm saying really that crazy?  No, it's not.  I'm not saying anything outlandish like that, just pointing out the roster is a mess and if it continues, there needs to be a change going forward.

Wasting Mahomes would be keeping Brett Veach and Andy Reid for 10 more years if nothing changes with the roster and defense.

You're starting to sound like a politician ;)

8 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Well, what he said today is truth. 

Just now, wilkie said:

Suck it up boys.  We have a game to play Thursday night.   We play with players we got.   Time to be a man.  Stop reading all the hype and let's play football.

I'm a man, I'm 41.  We will lose the game we play on Thursday night because the players we have outside like 5 guys are awful.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

I'm a man, I'm 41.  We will lose the game we play on Thursday night because the players we have outside like 5 guys are awful.

Donkeys have no offense and Fucco at QB. The Chiefs defense can play just lousy enough to win this game. The offense needs to show up and keep the defense off the field. This is not a revelation. Its KC football circa Andy Reid. 

My only concern is Reid in the BRIGHT LIGHTS of Thursday Night Prime Time Football.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Donkeys have no offense and Fucco at QB. The Chiefs defense can play just lousy enough to win this game. The offense needs to show up and keep the defense off the field. This is not a revelation. Its KC football circa Andy Reid. 

Phillip Lindsey and Royce Freeman are legit. They can do the same thing as the colts: this is on reid. Short passes and control the ball.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

My only concern is Reid in the BRIGHT LIGHTS of Thursday Night Prime Time Football.

They don't need a QB.  They've got 2 quality RBs and will just run the ball 40 times and win.  Our defense has no answer to stopping the run.

Just now, dksww said:

They don't need a QB.  They've got 2 quality RBs and will just run the ball 40 times and win.  Our defense has no answer to stopping the run.

KC lost today because the offense turned it over and did not perform well. So teams can run at will but still need to score if KC offense  is on its game. The defense stinks and that is nothing new. The offense lost these last 2 games.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

KC lost today because the offense turned it over and did not perform well. So teams can run at will but still need to score if KC offense  is on its game. The defense stinks and that is nothing new. The offense lost these last 2 games.

ridiculous opinion.  How can you watch these teams control the ball for 40 minutes plus and rush for 200 yards and say that?

In what little time we do have the ball we score points, but if the defense was better and forced punts, turnovers, sacks, anything to get the ball back then we would murder teams.

Our defense still can't get anyone off the field and after last year, teams aren't going to risk it.  If our defense can't do something as simple as stopping the run, then teams are going to play it safe and rack up TOP to keep Mahomes off the field.  

8 minutes ago, dksww said:

ridiculous opinion.  How can you watch these teams control the ball for 40 minutes plus and rush for 200 yards and say that?

In what little time we do have the ball we score points, but if the defense was better and forced punts, turnovers, sacks, anything to get the ball back then we would murder teams.

Our defense still can't get anyone off the field and after last year, teams aren't going to risk it.  If our defense can't do something as simple as stopping the run, then teams are going to play it safe and rack up TOP to keep Mahomes off the field.  

OH NO MR DKS No need to attack others with words like ridiculous.. Very simple to just express your equally worthless opinion..