Awful refs, coaching, execution and players

38 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Suck it up boys.  We have a game to play Thursday night.   We play with players we got.   Time to be a man.  Stop reading all the hype and let's play football.

Yes, but half the guys on this team are soft and never man up. Finesse team getting smashed in the mouth. I’d like them to play football, but the whole interior defensive line and LBs are not playing football. They play like they are spectators or wearing VR goggles for an NFL experience.

Yes, the refs were awful too. That is par for the course in most NFL games sadly. And the collusion to not test their authority on pass interference by never overturning stuff, and stuff so more egregious than our game today, infuriates me. These guys are all a bunch of union wimps. Fire every single one of them and bring in full time employees and fire them when they screw up. Screw their union and screw all of them.

25 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OH NO MR DKS No need to attack others with words like ridiculous.. Very simple to just express your equally worthless opinion.. 

My statement wasn't an opinion.  It's why they've lost the past 2 games this year and why they lost the AFCCG.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not an opinion? Its too bad KC does not simply execute what you say because its not an opinion. Its fact. Thanks for setting the record straight. 😏

what in the hell are you talking about?

Hard to score a lot of points when you only get the ball 3 times after half.  Sure our two possession we went 3 and out sucked but refs screwed us on one and Andy morning the other.   

Another possession they screwed us on was the int.   I’m waiting for the all 22.  He was held long before Mahomes threw it I think.

I don't think the roster is in shambles, so would have to disagree with your facts.  I guess?

Andy Reid needs to get some things figured out.  Unfortunately for them, they gotta go on the road soon.  Fortunately for them, they'll have a mini-bye after that game.  A lot of this is fixable, but they gotta actually do it.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think the roster is in shambles, so would have to disagree with your facts.  I guess?

Except for Mahomes, name one impact player they got from the 2017, 2018 or even 2019 drafts?

Name one free agent that's made a difference?

Name one trade that's made an impact?

All the moves for free agents and trades haven't yielded anything greater than an average player and that's being gracious.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Except for Mahomes, name one impact player they got from the 2017, 2018 or even 2019 drafts?

All the moves for free agents and trades haven't yielded anything greater than an average player and that's being gracious.

Honeybadger is making a difference.  Ragland made a difference until his knee totally fell apart.  Thornhill is growing, Hardman is growing, Nnadi has made some plays.

I think you're being silly at this juncture.  You don't need world class talent to do what they're fucking up on week in and week out.  It's fundamental shit.

They have the talent to be in position to make the play, Spags called them into place to make the play and they're just not doing it.  That's fundamentals.  That's on Andy Reid's shoulders.

How many players is Veach going to acquire that was good than suddenly turns to ass before you guys figure it out?

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Honeybadger is making a difference.  Ragland made a difference until his knee totally fell apart.  Thornhill is growing, Hardman is growing, Nnadi has made some plays.

I think you're being silly at this juncture.  You don't need world class talent to do what they're fucking up on week in and week out.  It's fundamental shit.

They have the talent to be in position to make the play, Spags called them into place to make the play and they're just not doing it.  That's fundamentals.  That's on Andy Reid's shoulders.

How many players is Veach going to acquire that was good than suddenly turns to ass before you guys figure it out?

None of that is true.  I won't argue that coaching couldn't be an issue as well, but if you think those players like Ragland, Nnadi and HB are out there changing the game, you're sadly mistaken.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

None of that is true.  I won't argue that coaching couldn't be an issue as well, but if you think those players like Ragland, Nnadi and HB are out there changing the game, you're sadly mistaken.

Totally disagree.

Do you remember the RB that Veach acquired that is averaging 5.4 YPC that Andy refuses to use?

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

They are professional football players.  When do they forget to tackle.  And some of those guys weren’t all that great before we overpaid them.  Not all on Veach because Dorsey did it too.   Sorensen’s, Berry, Tyrann, Hitchens,  Houston etc.   We expected to much from Nnadi and he’s failing.   That position is critical to run D and he’s not good. Hitchens was signed to be a stud at 9 mpy and he’s a dud.   Wilson, Lee and Ragland were bad before and Veach though we could coach them up.  See a pattern here?  We aren’t drafting good football players we are drafting projects and taking huge risks on FAs who haven’t shown us completely that they are able to keep ascending.   Veach is a riverboat gambler and he’s gambled away our last two years with a Mahomes on a rookie contract.   We got Frank Clark who is a good football player but we could have had Trey Flowers and a first round and 2nd round player on this roster instead.   We would have been better with the later.   I don’t know, it’s exhausting being a Chiefs fan.   2 steps forward and 3 steps back it feels like.

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

They are professional football players.  When do they forget to tackle.  And some of those guys weren’t all that great before we overpaid them.  Not all on Veach because Dorsey did it too.   Sorensen’s, Berry, Tyrann, Hitchens,  Houston etc.   We expected to much from Nnadi and he’s failing.   That position is critical to run D and he’s not good. Hitchens was signed to be a stud at 9 mpy and he’s a dud.   Wilson, Lee and Ragland were bad before and Veach though we could coach them up.  See a pattern here?  We aren’t drafting good football players we are drafting projects and taking huge risks on FAs who haven’t shown us completely that they are able to keep ascending.   Veach is a riverboat gambler and he’s gambled away our last two years with a Mahomes on a rookie contract.   We got Frank Clark who is a good football player but we could have had Trey Flowers and a first round and 2nd round player on this roster instead.   We would have been better with the later.   I don’t know, it’s exhausting being a Chiefs fan.   2 steps forward and 3 steps back it feels like.

Flowers really wasn't a pass-rusher and there just isn't any evidence that he would have been consumed by the black hole of suck. 

I'm looking at the big picture here and I see a Head Coach that has had Defensive problems when he didn't have a total badass like Jim Johnson handing the entire Defense, or a squad that was built up properly by Romeo Crennel.

He's loaded up with talent and did a big ol' Defensive scheme change once before and it was a total flop. Just because you're a professional player now doesn't mean you still need coaching.  Because if you didn't, than why the hell would there be a sideline full of them?

1 hour ago, dksww said:

OK first of all Veach took over July of 2017. That draft was headed up by John Dorsey. Secondly, because our team isnt playing well does not mean we dont have good players. So yes, you are being dramatic. 2 weeks ago you thought we were a SB contender like everyone else did.

You actually said in the OP that Saunders looks like a wasted pick. He has played 6 quarters of professional football Shane. Get a grip. This team is very talented, and we have a good staff. They will improve. They may have needed a wake up call. This better be  it.

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

13 minutes ago, dksww said:

Every bit of it is true. And you are being the guy you make fun of on most days.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

KC lost today because the offense turned it over and did not perform well. So teams can run at will but still need to score if KC offense  is on its game. The defense stinks and that is nothing new. The offense lost these last 2 games.

as you said the defense sucks,  The 1qtr the offense came out great guns,  after that the offense sucked,  but the defense sucking had something to do with losing the game, not just the offense.

57 minutes ago, dksww said:

what in the hell are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

as you said the defense sucks,  The 1qtr the offense came out great guns,  after that the offense sucked,  but the defense sucking had something to do with losing the game, not just the offense.

Yes I agree. Yet we know what the defense is capable of....not much. So my point it the lousy defense played as expected. Actually got a few turnovers. The offense did not play close to expectations. This team must have an offense that plays almost perfect to win. We know this and the Chiefs know this.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Yes, the refs were awful too. That is par for the course in most NFL games sadly. And the collusion to not test their authority on pass interference by never overturning stuff, and stuff so more egregious than our game today, infuriates me. These guys are all a bunch of union wimps. Fire every single one of them and bring in full time employees and fire them when they screw up. Screw their union and screw all of them.

Supposedly the guy in NY in charge of reviewing PI challenges was adamantly against allowing it to be reviewed. You think his opinion has anything to do with the outcome? I don't know...the PI call on Kelce was mind boggling.

16 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Supposedly the guy in NY in charge of reviewing PI challenges was adamantly against allowing it to be reviewed. You think his opinion has anything to do with the outcome? I don't know...the PI call on Kelce was mind boggling.

Alberto Riveron was a terrible ref and is a terrible head of officiating.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Andy Reid needs to get some things figured out.  Unfortunately for them, they gotta go on the road soon.  Fortunately for them, they'll have a mini-bye after that game.  A lot of this is fixable, but they gotta actually do it.

Yep. That’s my point in my other thread. A lot can be fixed. Reid needs to analyze his own play calling. Short passes and real true run design plays. It starts there. Help your defense. The defense has started games ok. Then they get gassed out.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Yep. That’s my point in my other thread. A lot can be fixed. Reid needs to analyze his own play calling. Short passes and real true run design plays. It starts there. Help your defense. The defense has started games ok. Then they get gassed out.

Exactly.....but the oline is a shit show. So there is that.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

We don’t know because we don’t run in a real run formation. It’s rpo and the Haley shotgun draw.

Not sure what we knows ......... but I know from watching that line is pathetic. They are clearly exposed. Denver will manhandle them. KC may want to rest Pat and give it their best with Moore. 

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You got it Cali!! Reid has to see his defense getting gashed, and he absolutely refuses to slow the game down and help his defense out. Damn reid pisses me off!!