Awful refs, coaching, execution and players

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

It's time to stop blaming the Offense on the Defense.  The Defense fucking sucks and they would suck if the Offense scored quickly or only put the tip in for 5 minutes before scoring.

I agree, but I do understand the rationale.  This defense is specifically designed to stop the pass, not the run. Why???

Because Reid and co. assumed that we would almost always be playing with a lead.

I wont say that Reid wanted a defense ranked last in the NFL against the run, but the majority of personnel investments were made in the secondary minus Fuller. 

The only positions left unchanged from last year???? 

DT - JONES

DT -NNADI/Williams 

MLB - HITCHENS 

We really cant expect Spags to make Sherbert from shit, so I might give him a pass.

But I personally wont let Reid or Veech off the hook.

20 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree, but I do understand the rationale.  This defense is specifically designed to stop the pass, not the run. Why???

Because Reid and co. assumed that we would almost always be playing with a lead.

I wont say that Reid wanted a defense ranked last in the NFL against the run, but the majority of personnel investments were made in the secondary minus Fuller. 

DT - JONES

DT -NNADI/Williams 

MLB - HITCHENS 

We really cant expect Spags to make Sherbert from shit, so I might give him a pass.

That's the problem though.  They made all the changes to stop the run.  It's not happening though.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Every bit of it is true. And you are being the guy you make fun of on most days.

Honey has been ok.  But suggesting Ragland and Nnadi are difference makers is laughable.

48 minutes ago, artsy said:

DT - JONES

DT -NNADI/Williams 

MLB - HITCHENS 

Spaz had to have input on these awful  player moves. He was unemployed for a reason. I dont see any effective adjusting going on. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

OK first of all Veach took over July of 2017. That draft was headed up by John Dorsey. Secondly, because our team isnt playing well does not mean we dont have good players. So yes, you are being dramatic. 2 weeks ago you thought we were a SB contender like everyone else did.

You actually said in the OP that Saunders looks like a wasted pick. He has played 6 quarters of professional football Shane. Get a grip. This team is very talented, and we have a good staff. They will improve. They may have needed a wake up call. This better be  it.

If you're giving Dorsey credit for the 2017 draft it just makes my argument even stronger.  

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Honey has been ok.  But suggesting Ragland and Nnadi are difference makers is laughable.

"Honeybadger is making a difference.  Ragland made a difference until his knee totally fell apart Thornhill is growing, Hardman is growing, Nnadi has made some plays."

I agree. And that's not what he said at all.

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

If you're giving Dorsey credit for the 2017 draft it just makes my argument even stronger.  

The point is that you are making this argument at all Shane. You've been the voice of reason and called all these guys out over the years for flying off the handle and not showing loyalty through adversity. Saying that KC fans embarass you because they are so wishy washy. 

2 bad games and now you are being that exact guy. That's the point. Your hypocrisy. 

Our roster is in shambles? Saunders is a wasted pick after playing 90 minutes of NFL football? And you dont think you are being dramatic? You wanna see a roster in shambles go look at Miami. We are in first place and we have a game in 4 days which you've already predicted a loss because "the players we have outside like 5 guys are awful."

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

The point is that you are making this argument at all Shane. You've been the voice of reason and called all these guys out over the years for flying off the handle and not showing loyalty through adversity. Saying that KC fans embarass you because they are so wishy washy. 

2 bad games and now you are being that exact guy. That's the point. Your hypocrisy. 

Our roster is in shambles? Saunders is a wasted pick after playing 90 minutes of NFL football? And you dont think you are being dramatic? You wanna see a roster in shambles go look at Miami. We are in first place and we have a game in 4 days which you've already predicted a loss because "we have about 5 good players on our roster."

Maybe I am overreacting.  I just think it might be time to really wonder why the past few drafts and free agencies haven't yielded much.  

Today's loss really pissed me off.

I'm just so sick and tired of the Chiefs not being able to fix their defense.  It's embarrassingly bad and has been for 3 seasons now.

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Spaz had to have input on these awful  player moves. He was unemployed for a reason. I dont see any effective adjusting going on. 

Spaz elected to sit out last year cause he knew this job was coming up..And hes Andy's buddy. 

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Spaz elected to sit out last year cause he knew this job was coming up..And hes Andy's buddy. 

That has never been verified. Its pure speculation. Why would KC wait a year? I know they drafted for a 4-3 Blah BLah BLah.  

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

That has never been verified. Its pure speculation. Why would KC wait a year? I know they drafted for a 4-3 Blah BLah BLah.  

I've heard that from different media sources,  but as you stated. it is pure speculation  nonetheless it wouldn't surprise one bit if it was true. It is Andy's style. 

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

Maybe I am overreacting.  I just think it might be time to really wonder why the past few drafts and free agencies haven't yielded much.  

Today's loss really pissed me off.

I'm just so sick and tired of the Chiefs not being able to fix their defense.  It's embarrassingly bad and has been for 3 seasons now.

The problem with this team is simple. They are getting their asses handed to them at the line of scrimmage. You control the run game on either side of the ball and you dictate how the game goes.

It's not just a lack of talent. There is some serious fundamental issues here with our run defense. Our dline doesnt do nearly enough to stop the run but even when they take up blockers there is no one there at the second level filling gaps and getting off blocks. No one. How can our players NEVER be in position to put a hat on a ball carrier. That's Veach's fault? Cmon...

And in the offensive side it's a simple as Reid being a fucking idiot. He has been notorious for abandoning the running game his whole career. He did it with Jamaal Charles here. Its not that we cant. He wont. We lost TOP by 20 MINUTES. That is fucking ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The problem with this team is simple. They are getting their asses handed to them at the line of scrimmage. You control the run game on either side of the ball and you dictate how the game goes.

It's not just a lack of talent. There is some serious fundamental issues here with our run defense. Our dline doesnt do nearly enough to stop the run but even when they take up blockers there is no one there at the second level filling gaps and getting off blocks. No one. How can our players NEVER be in position to put a hat on a ball carrier. That's Veach's fault? Cmon...

And in the offensive side it's a simple as Reid being a fucking idiot. He has been notorious for abandoning the running game his whole career. He did it with Jamaal Charles here. Its not that we cant. He wont. We lost TOP by 20 MINUTES. That is fucking ludicrous. 

So basically...a lack of talent, scheme and fundamentals. It shows weekly.

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

So basically...a lack of talent, scheme and fundamentals. It shows weekly.

Cant control the lines, you wont win many games. A lot of the battles are decided in the trenches.

O line is ranked 31st in run rankings before this game was played. 6th in pass pro, but a lot of that is on Mahomes scrambling and able to get the ball away etc.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

D line was ranked 31st too.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl/2019

You can see on these links how we run, where they run at etc. Trenches are horrible right now. I understand the LT and LG being out, but it was bad at many of these spots before then. Now throw in the DL injuries and it does not look good for now.

16 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Isn't that what I was saying??? Lol!

I still think getting a upgrade over Nnadi and a LB at the deadline could help us a ton.   Nnadi is terrible and so are our linebackers.  I'm sorry but I know there are older vet lbs that we could have brought in to kick the tires could play better than this.   I'm also tired of keeping those spots saved for Toubs band of merry douche bags.   ST sucks...you don't get to save those spots for your guys.   For me this game is so frustrating because it killed any hope of this current roster taking strides forward on the defensive side of the ball and equally as disapointing is the fact there is no legit answer in sight.   We cant' fix that train wreck in the offseason and we still need to address LG, C, TE2, RB and possibly WR when Watkins and Robinson are gone.   Thats what screwing up drafts in 2018 and 2019 will do for your club.   The answers aren't on the team only problems.  How can we fill 2 DBs, 3 LBs, 2 DTs, LG, C, TE2, RB and WR in one offseason and hope to be better while shrinking our cap space by probably 40 million.   Can we win a SB with Mahomes......of course.....but we wasted 2 great years because of inept decisions from our Gm and HC.   

25 minutes ago, dksww said:

here's some promising play out of Khalen Saunders.  I hope I eat crow on this post in the weeks to come🤣

Honestly its not that funny. Saying someone looks like a wasted pick after a game and a half is the kind of crap that takes away from these forums instead of adding to them. 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Honestly its not that funny. Saying someone looks like a wasted pick after a game and a half is the kind of crap that takes away from these forums instead of adding to them. 

Well, this was the first time we've seen any kind of flash out of our draft picks on defense from this year or last so yeah, it's kinda funny.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Was Thornhill drafted by someone else? Am I confused? 

This draft class has looked pretty good so far, but the 2018 draft class was/is absolutely awful. 

I said in that post that Hardman and Thornhill have looked good here and there, but the jury is still out on the rest.

Couple that with how bad last year's draft was and I think it's ok to be concerned or at least ask questions about it.