Mahomes time to take over

It’s time for Mahomes to go Peyton Manning. I think it’s time to let him call the offense/ especially in the 4 minute drill. That’s why he’s been so pissed lately. Standing there waiting for plays to come. Wasting time and so on.. 

hes so smart and sees the field so well. He has the photographic memory. The whole playbook is memorized. He knows what teams are trying to do.

things will change when Andy lets go.

I don't know if Andy will ever do that but Mahomes is going to have to be that voice in Andy's ear.   Maybe this is a growing process for Mahomes.   We win this game if we execute short passes, screens and running the ball with an occasional deep ball.   Andy went away from what was working and it cost us the game, Mahomes needs to communicate to Andy that those long developing plays aren't working during the game.

1 minute ago, qnet said:

That's interesting, but doesn't seem like his personality. Don't get me wrong, I would love for that to happen.

That’s totally his personality. He has an elephant memory. And he audibles already. He most certainly can do it. It’s not gonna be long before he has a blowout with Reid. They’ve already eluded to a couple times this year. (The kc press) 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

That’s totally his personality. He has an elephant memory. And he audibles already. He most certainly can do it. It’s not gonna be long before he has a blowout with Reid. They’ve already eluded to a couple times this year. (The kc press) 

I don't doubt his intelligence and feel like he could do it. He does looked pissed at times on the sideline, it just doesn't seem like something he'd do.   I don't know enough to know that he audibles, but if he does; I can see were he could take over and change plays. 

I thought you meant, just taking over and ignoring Reid. 

If he can change plays at the LOS, without Reid getting upset that would be awesome. Like you said, Reid has to let go.

3 minutes ago, qnet said:

I don't doubt his intelligence and feel like he could do it. He does looked pissed at times on the sideline, it just doesn't seem like something he'd do.   I don't know enough to know that he audibles, but if he does; I can see were he could take over and change plays. 

I thought you meant, just taking over and ignoring Reid. 

If he can change plays at the LOS, without Reid getting upset that would be awesome. Like you said, Reid has to let go.

I didn’t mean ignore reid. Time to just let him take the reigns though. And I also meant, mahomes is hot on the field, during drives that stall and when reid goes brain dead.

Yeah that’s two games in a row where Reid goes full on idiot and runs on 2nd and long in key moments.   That DAT drop was a killer.  Has anyone else noticed that Mahomes hasn’t gone to ROBINSON as much either.  Seems he trusts Hill, Kelce and Pringle more.  Offense will be better when Fisher gets back and I fully expect Wis to take Wylie’s or Reuters spot by years end.