That ball strip right before halftime killed us

I don’t mind them being aggressive there.  With Mahomes you can get points but when he is hobbled you gotta call something that protects him.   The whole line dissolved under pressure and two of our Oline man couldn’t come up with the ball.   Gosh we are soft!   We bought all the hype and are getting exposed.   Will be interested if we can turn it around on Thurs night 

Or actually hold the crap show of our interior line accountable for not protecting our QB. Mahomes may have held it too long, but the lineup C to LT should be replaced ASAP. These guys wouldn’t start for any NFL team and be hard pressed to make it as a backup. Enough castoffs and experiments. Draft some damn depth.

I have no issue being aggressive there, in fact I prefer it.  This is the NFL, your center can't get his shit eaten that badly.   Reiter was flat out awful.  The line is completely killing this offense.  Pundits act like defenses are doing some great scheming against us, but the offensive struggles are purely self inflicted.  

I don't fault the playcall. If Mahomes is healthy and if we didn't have a gooey soft, Swiss cheese Oline we probably chunk our way down the field. The Oline needs an infusion of talent. When Mahomes is healthy he masks a lot of their deficiencies with his mobility.  We were up 17-3 in the 1st quarter! Mahomes reinjured the ankle and it all looked different after that. But sure...go ahead and blame the offense when the defense continues to suck ass. No punts? 6 drives of 10 plays or more (a franchise record). Averaging almost 6 yards per run? That is ridiculous!

14 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I don't mind being aggressive, Houston was moving the ball, we needed points, and they were getting the ball back the next half. Had Reid kneeled, you'd all be bitching about not trying to get points.

He had 3 time outs. Reid did not have to try for a huge home run right off the bat. That is my issue. The line could not hold long for a play that deep to get it going.

44 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I remember Mahomes commenting how happy he was to get Morse back last year. That said a lot about Reiter. Chiefs should have addressed center earlier than the 7th round or added a free agent veteran. Reiter is a waiver wire short term back up.

We let Rodney Hudson go in FA years ago. Then we got Morse...the Red Walrus acts like he values O Line then time and time again neglects addressing these needs. LG has been an issue for 5 years..lmao. Reid thinks he's Belicheat on defense where he can arrogantly let his players walk.

3 hours ago, nmchiefsfan said:

Intercepting that ball was a killer too.  If he bats it down the Chiefs get the ball near mid field.  With 3 time outs you don't have to go for a deep play.  

Exactly right.  Every pee wee league player knows that you don't intercept a ball on fourth down.  Was that the game changer?  Probably.. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Exactly right.  Every pee wee league player knows that you don't intercept a ball on fourth down.  Was that the game changer?  Probably.. 

I seriously doubt 10 yards or so was the game changer. Maybe having the ball only 6 minutes the second half, or Mahomes only had 40 yards passing on only 3 drives total? Maybe it was the defense giving up run after run after run etc.....

Just now, kkuenn said:

I seriously doubt 10 yards or so was the game changer. Maybe having the ball only 6 minutes the second half, or Mahomes only had 40 yards passing on only 3 drives total? Maybe it was the defense giving up run after run after run etc.....

It wasn't 10 yards, it was 20 and Houston would might have had some clock issues with a longer field.  I'm not saying that play was the reason the Chiefs lost, but it could very easily been the difference of Houston scoring before the half and not.