How ignorant of Thornhill to intercept this pass instead of just knocking it down. Instead of 1st and 10 at our 40 yard line, we get it at the 20. From all the post draft hype on Thornhill I was led to believe he played with intelligence. I would be upset if a college freshman made this type of mistake, let alone a NFL player. Selfishly wanted to pad his stats instead of doing what was best for the team. I don't believe the Texans score a touchdown before half if he had done what he should have.  

image.png.9feec9a1b10e34f27d7047d9c8e15a37.png

image.png

Big deal.  It was a difference of 15 yards.  I have no problem with him picking that.  He didn't try to return it and get us stuck inside the fine.  We took over at the 25, not inside our own 10, so it's not like we had horrible field position.  That play had nothing to do with what happened after.  

19 minutes ago, KCChiefsProud said:

How ignorant of Thornhill to intercept this pass instead of just knocking it down. Instead of 1st and 10 at our 40 yard line, we get it at the 20. From all the post draft hype on Thornhill I was led to believe he played with intelligence. I would be upset if a college freshman made this type of mistake, let alone a NFL player. Selfishly wanted to pad his stats instead of doing what was best for the team. I don't believe the Texans score a touchdown before half if he had done what he should have.  

image.png.9feec9a1b10e34f27d7047d9c8e15a37.png

image.png

You are correct. You would think these guys would think about that before the snap. The difference in field position changes everything including the play call.

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Kid is a rookie and just got his first NFL interception, cut him some slack. Of all the things to be pissy about, this is not one of them.

Disagree. Lots of issues for sure but this was a BONEHEAD PLAY......He has been playing football most of his life. Game changer.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Disagree. Lots of issues for sure but this was a BONEHEAD PLAY......He has been playing football most of his life. Game changer.

We had the ball at the 25.  That  was in no way a gamechanger.  Reid doesn't call plays differently from the 25 to the 40.  There's plenty to bitch about with as poorly as this team has played, but this really isn't one of them. 

4 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Rookies are going to do shit like that.  I don't think it matters in the long run. 

The Texans were still gonna get that fumble and get an easy score.

They got the ball within the 10.   Had we been on the 40 they had 30 seconds to go 30 yards.   It wouldn't have been a walk in.  But if our Oline does it jobs we don't fumble that either.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

They got the ball within the 10.   Had we been on the 40 they had 30 seconds to go 30 yards.   It wouldn't have been a walk in.  But if our Oline does it jobs we don't fumble that either.

The way the defense was playing it would’ve ended the same regardless.  We got chewed up on the ground by a rb we traded because he wasn’t gonna make our final roster. A qb won a one on one play with a linebacker at the goal line through contact. We are in that unfortunate position where any offensive turnover is going to result in points for the opposition no matter where it’s at.  Our o line sucks, but the offense is still above average even with its problems.  The issue is, the defense is so bad, that anything less than pure perfection by the offense is going to result in a loss.  Without fisher and the lg/c problems, the offense can’t be perfect, so we see the team struggling.  This defense gave up 6 drives of ten plays or more.  Last week it gave up an 11 play 35 yard drive. Teams just go for it on 4th down because we know we can’t stop them. Mahomes would never admit it, but I also feel like he’s pressing because he knows the defense sucks, and he’s not getting enough help offensively, and he’s had nagging injuries.  It’s really been a perfect storm of shit for the offense, but the defense has been bad since day 1. Being 13 th against the pass is misleading, because the run defense is so bad teams really aren’t throwing the ball.