So far you can’t really argue the fact many of the faces have changed but we are left with basically the same defense Dorsey and Sutton gave us. 

if we can’t get this turned around into at least something mediocre this year on D, I’m in favor of tagging and trading Jones and accumulating as many early draft picks as possible. I’d let our results on the field dictate that.  

At some point this becomes more about the players than the coaching IMO.  

Reid has always been an offensive genius in terms of creating customized plays for his QBs and getting production out of very questionable guys. However he has been outcoached by guys that shouldn't be at his caliber throughout his career. Overall Reid is a questionable HC at best but he seems to be very good at developing others to become very good coaches. So he could simply not have the mental ability to focus on things he knows to be correct at clutch situations. 

I'm leaning towards moving away from him as well, he has been repeating same mistakes for too long.

52 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm headn that  way as well.. I'm thinking Brian Schottenheimer 

I don’t know who it would be.

i do know, he makes the same bonehead mistakes yearly. No need to list them all again. It’s all the little things just adding up....

2 hours ago, kcchief4lif said:

This may not be popular but I'm ready to move on from Andy.   

Let's see how the year plays out, but if this gets really bad say going like 7-9 or worse, someone needs to go.

Clark Hunt is going to be super pissed if we tank out and the defense just stays awful.  C. Hunt has been saying this is a Super Bowl or bust season and if we bust, then heads might roll.

Realistically, they probably wouldn't move on from Reid but Veach isn't out of the question.

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

Let's see how the year plays out, but if this gets really bad say going like 7-9 or worse, someone needs to go.

Clark Hunt is going to be super pissed if we tank out and the defense just stays awful.  C. Hunt has been saying this is a Super Bowl or bust season and if we bust, then heads might roll.

Realistically, they probably wouldn't move on from Reid but Veach isn't out of the question.

Reid and Company are here to stay. Clark has been much better than his Dad at running this team. Mahomes / Reid will be in KC until Reid decides its time to retire or moves upstairs. I think that is a good thing.  I doubt  Clark feels its SB or bust. Its fans like me that always want to jump ship after every loss.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Reid has always been an offensive genius in terms of creating customized plays for his QBs and getting production out of very questionable guys. However he has been outcoached by guys that shouldn't be at his caliber throughout his career. Overall Reid is a questionable HC at best but he seems to be very good at developing others to become very good coaches. So he could simply not have the mental ability to focus on things he knows to be correct at clutch situations. 

I'm leaning towards moving away from him as well, he has been repeating same mistakes for too long.

I'm not sure that moving on away from Big Red is the best idea although it does have merit.  As I remember, Clark Hunt said when he hired Reid and Dorsey, that everything must go thru him.  I think it is well past time for Clark to go to Andy and tell him straight up, You are a head coach, not the OC,  from now on you act like a head coach and the OC calls the plays!

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

So far you can’t really argue the fact many of the faces have changed but we are left with basically the same defense Dorsey and Sutton gave us. 

if we can’t get this turned around into at least something mediocre this year on D, I’m in favor of tagging and trading Jones and accumulating as many early draft picks as possible. I’d let our results on the field dictate that.  

At some point this becomes more about the players than the coaching IMO.  

I’d be fine moving on from Jones.  Give me a couple 1st rounders OR trade him straight up for a couple of elite OL and I’d be happy

4 minutes ago, Balto said:

I’d be fine moving on from Jones.  Give me a couple 1st rounders OR trade him straight up for a couple of elite OL and I’d be happy

Hot Rumor: Off season Trade Already Agreed to in Principal. Chiefs franchise tag Jones and then trade him for a second round pick to Arizona. Then KC trades their #1 in 2021 and that #2 2020 pick  for Ramsey only to sign him to a 5 year 100 million dollar contract with 63 million dollars guaranteed.

7 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I'm not sure that moving on away from Big Red is the best idea although it does have merit.  As I remember, Clark Hunt said when he hired Reid and Dorsey, that everything must go thru him.  I think it is well past time for Clark to go to Andy and tell him straight up, You are a head coach, not the OC,  from now on you act like a head coach and the OC calls the plays!

I'm pretty sure Hunt has the final say on big decisions as there was even a clip of Dorsey pitching him Mahomes. However he probably doesn't care about minor moves. In Reid's case I think he could simply go ahead and take some of his autonomy as right now I'm not even sure if we even have a HC. 

I'm disappointed in Spags, there was no creativity there yesterday.  That's what you want out of your coaches, when you're down your top players you can't just sit there with the same gameplan.  We might as well have dropped 10 people in coverage, our front 4 was generating no pressure and when we went 0 blitz it was obvious and Watson made the quick throws.  Where is the zone blitzing or blitzing from one side only, etc.

Also what are we coaching in practice, I know full pad practices are limited but we tackle like we've never played the sport.  Now I feel what texas fans went through in the cotton bowl the day before...

1 minute ago, soonerborn77 said:

I'm disappointed in Spags, there was no creativity there yesterday.  That's what you want out of your coaches, when you're down your top players you can't just sit there with the same gameplan.  We might as well have dropped 10 people in coverage, our front 4 was generating no pressure and when we went 0 blitz it was obvious and Watson made the quick throws.  Where is the zone blitzing or blitzing from one side only, etc.

Also what are we coaching in practice, I know full pad practices are limited but we tackle like we've never played the sport.  Now I feel what texas fans went through in the cotton bowl the day before...

The big mistake is trying to stop the other team. This defense cant and wont stop the run. Just let them run it in and put Mahomes back on the field. Win 73-71. At least it would be exciting. LOL

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Players have to play- they are not playing well.

but Andy can’t get out coached by-

bill o Brian 

Frank reich 

and mostly by matt Patricia.

period.

It's the discipline. Why are there so many penalties? We're shooting ourselves in the foot. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

This team had superbowl aspirations 

Losing to Indy and Houston at home

this team isn’t ready

I guess NE should have thrown in the towel with their tuff start last year.  You cant qualify for anything week 6. Hell you cant be eliminated by week 6. 10 more exciting opportunities for greatness. Then playoffs.

Just now, FANATIC said:

I guess NE should have thrown in the towel with their tuff start last year.  You cant qualify for anything week 6. Hell you cant be eliminated by week 6. 10 more exciting opportunities for greatness. Then playoffs.

Technically, this is true.  However, NE has a track record of recovering and winning a championship, the Chiefs do not.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Technically, this is true.  However, NE has a track record of recovering and winning a championship, the Chiefs do not.

OK You Win.....Hope is Lost...... Glad I dont have season tickets....... Poor Me. .......I guess its time to find something else to do on NFL Sundays. There is always next year.