32 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm not quite there with Reid yet, but admit, I have thought about it.  I still remember those Herm, Haley and Crennel years. It's fun to know every year that at least my team has a chance.

True, but what NFL head coach wouldn't wanna coach Mahomes? 

For example if Tom Brady were to retire, can you imagine Clark Hunt's phone call to the Hoodie?  "Hey Bill, wanna win 6 or 7 more Super Bowls?"  lol

30 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Winning cures all and losing brings people with pitchforks and torches. 

Offense is hurting with injuries. Chiefs were looking for a swing tackle, but really could not identify one. Mahomes is magical, because he can extend plays. Being hobbled and running for his life hurts a lot. 

All of you need to calm down. If this team is healthy and offense is clicking, defense will be good enough. I am not sure what everyone's expectations were, but you all need to chill just a little.

You may be right as I agree Fisher will help tremendously when he's back. However, Reid has got to force the run game and create balance. 

Defensively, I disagree with you. There hasn't been anything consistentlyshown the last 6 weeks to indicate it will be ok. We are gashed by the run every week with zero change. Teams see us as a joke and we are going to face 4th and short all year long until we prove we can stop them. Houston going for a 4th conversion instead of kicking a FG was them laughing in our face because we are that inept.

Outside of Pat and Hill, not much positive. Kelce has been off and other receivers aren't making catches the last 3 weeks. Plus every ST results in a hold. This team has a ways to go to turn around right now.

Fact is, Reid/Spags are getting out coached. And it's no secret what teams wanna do to the chiefs. They've seen it 3 weeks in a row.

Opposing offenses line up in a 3 wr set, which automatically sends a brainwave signal to Spags to go into a Nickel defense.....On 1st and 10!

Then the offense commences to hand the ball off, Over and Over and Over again. 

Couple that with the offenses inability to stay on the field and turnovers, we LOSE. And I don't see things getting better unless Andy actually starts coaching.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Fact is, Reid/Spags are getting out coached. And it's no secret what teams wanna do to the chiefs. They've seen it 3 weeks in a row.

Opposing offenses line up in a 3 wr set, which automatically sends a brainwave signal to Spags to go into a Nickel defense.....On 1st and 10!

Couple that with the offenses inability to stay on the field and turnovers, we LOSE. And I don't see things getting better unless Andy actually starts coaching.

I think Spags was so worried about Watson lighting up the scoreboard for 50 if we played the run. That definitely could have happened. I think the secondary did well though. 

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I guess NE should have thrown in the towel with their tuff start last year.  You cant qualify for anything week 6. Hell you cant be eliminated by week 6. 10 more exciting opportunities for greatness. Then playoffs.

Putting words in my mouth.

every post I’ve said it’s fixable.

i also don’t want to move on from Andy
just want him to plan better and be involved

its not new. He does this every single year 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

He has been here for 7 years. Not sure whose responsibility it is to fix those problems if not the head coach?

He has been here for 6 full seasons and averaged 11 wins per year. The previous 6 years we averaged less than 5 wins per year.

The problem was that we were losing. The solution was to start winning.

I submit that he did fix the problem.

21 minutes ago, artsy said:

What would you do different to not get out coached. I am curious. Is there some decision Andy can make that Erving and the interior line won’t don a clown suit? Is there a decision Spags can make where the D line won’t get blown off the ball?

Specifically, what would you suggest as s coaching decision?

I heard Fesco this morning saying, “They let Colts run all over them and didn’t protect Pat. This week they did the same thing. It’s like they didn’t learn anything from the Colts game.”

What does that even mean? Is he saying that the coaches had know idea that you should protect Pat, but the Colts show them? Then they still had know idea, so the Texans could do the same thing?

I really don’t hear suggestions (other than cut everyone) from the experts on the radio of how to fix this.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

He has been here for 6 full seasons and averaged 11 wins per year. The previous 6 years we averaged less than 5 wins per year.

The problem was that we were losing. The solution was to start winning.

I submit that he did fix the problem.

Not really though. It's not winning if it happens only during regular season. Winning is the SB the rest are just fun to watch when you are competitive but worthless in retrospective. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not really though. It's not winning if it happens only during regular season. Winning is the SB the rest are just fun to watch when you are competitive but worthless in retrospective. 

True. Some fanbases are happy with just fielding a competitive team. Reid is a proven winner in the regular season. No doubt about it. Is it even remotely possible that he does not have the mettle that it takes to get a SB ring? He has coached over 20 years. Has more wins without a ring than any other coach in NFL history. I think Number 3 on the list is Marty Schottenheimer. This franchise love guys who can win in the regular season. Reid is good...but he has flaws which could ultimately be his undoing.

18 minutes ago, dhitter said:

True. Some fanbases are happy with just fielding a competitive team. Reid is a proven winner in the regular season. No doubt about it. Is it even remotely possible that he does not have the mettle that it takes to get a SB ring? He has coached over 20 years. Has more wins without a ring than any other coach in NFL history. I think Number 3 on the list is Marty Schottenheimer. This franchise love guys who can win in the regular season. Reid is good...but he has flaws which could ultimately be his undoing.

Exactly.  Like I said above, I'm not on the fire Andy train yet, but I'm looking at ticket prices. Winning regular season games are great, but I'm 48 years old, and that's all I've seen. Regular season wins. I live in Colorado,  so I'm sure you can imagine what kind of torture I have to endure. 

I'm willing to give Reid a couple more seasons with Super Pat to see what he can do. But so far, I've only witnessed Reid produce formidable offenses, regular season wins and shitty defenses. 

Spags looks like he has zero answers for this train wreck of a defense. I think we were all hoping for average. Average would make us 6-0 even with the injuries. The penalties. The lack of fundamentals like gap assignment and tackling is disturbing. Is anyone impressed with this guy? Yes we changed systems and yes it takes time. But the assumption is the team is slowly progressing. I'm not seeing that. The amount of holding penalties? Ridiculous. Missed tackles? But to hear it from Spags (and Reid) we are so close. We did a lot of good things and that is what we build on. What they fail to realize is that this is a bad defense capable of making the occassional good play..not a good defense capable of making a bad play.

11 minutes ago, dhitter said:

But to hear it from Spags (and Reid) we are so close. We did a lot of good things and that is what we build on. 

No I think that theyve just been around the game long enough that the realize that 2 weeks dont make a season. They are able to focus on the next upcoming game rather than the illogical nonsense you see fans spouting on here all day long. Bob Sutton coached here 5 yrs. Spags has had 6 games. Maybe we shouldnt run him out of town yet.

Andy Reid is an overall good coach, but you would think after this long in the NFL his time management would be better, it's actually baffling that he still sucks in that area.  Time management his failure to stick to the run late in games are probably what has kept him from winning Super Bowls.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No I think that theyve just been around the game long enough that the realize that 2 weeks dont make a season. They are able to focus on the next upcoming game rather than the illogical nonsense you see fans spouting on here all day long. Bob Sutton coached here 5 yrs. Spags has had 6 games. Maybe we shouldnt run him out of town yet.

Not saying run him out of town. I'm just not impressed with the results. Like I said...if this is an even average defense and the logic is that they are still figuring out the new system then okay. But we should see baby steps of improvement week in and week out. Spags is willing to admit there are a lot of things this team can do better. So the question is "Are they capable of doing better?" If the answer is NO then its going to be a long miserable season and massive changes are due. If the answer is YES then the 2nd question is "what is preventing them from accomplishing it?"

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

By that logic, if Dee Ford didn’t line up offsides and we beat the Rams, he would be a better coach today? I see what you are saying, but you build a team to win and in the playoffs things happen. Much lesser coaches have won Super Bowls. Some with teams other coaches built. Switzer and Gruden won with teams built by others. They are not particularly great coaches.

58 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Andy Reid is an overall good coach, but you would think after this long in the NFL his time management would be better, it's actually baffling that he still sucks in that area.  Time management his failure to stick to the run late in games are probably what has kept him from winning Super Bowls.

I agree with time management. Not sure about the other. He seems willing to take his foot off the gas and eat clock.

7 hours ago, artsy said:

Facts are exactly what you say. They are getting out coached. Reid will turn it around. But it’s maddening that it happens year in and out. 

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Facts are exactly what you say. They are getting out coached. Reid will turn it around. But it’s maddening that it happens year in and out. 

True Better off it happens early in the season. Still time to adjust and improve.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

I agree with time management. Not sure about the other. He seems willing to take his foot off the gas and eat clock.

The heavy passing late in games with leads was more of a Philly gripe about Reid, I honestly believe he would have won Super Bowls with better playcall and game management in the 4th quarters in Philly.  He built really solid teams there and McNabb was good ENOUGH to win with.

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

By that logic, if Dee Ford didn’t line up offsides and we beat the Rams, he would be a better coach today? I see what you are saying, but you build a team to win and in the playoffs things happen. Much lesser coaches have won Super Bowls. Some with teams other coaches built. Switzer and Gruden won with teams built by others. They are not particularly great coaches.

Of course, a HC who can teach his players not to commit penalties is always much better. It's always those little things that Reid never seems to have fixed. Ford lines up offsides, Fisher commits a crucial hold, Smith misses an open wide receivers, etc. Then we go again and break the penalty difference record within a game in just 6 weeks of football. So yes those mistakes are all on Reid as it's his job to fix them and looks like it's only getting worse. 

Unless a HC wins a SB he's always inferior. Reid hasn't been able to accomplish things that the "worse" coaches than him were able to. If those lame coaches can coach up their players to win why isn't the great Reid able to do so? 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Of course, a HC who can teach his players not to commit penalties is always much better. It's always those little things that Reid never seems to have fixed. Ford lines up offsides, Fisher commits a crucial hold, Smith misses an open wide receivers, etc. Then we go again and break the penalty difference record within a game in just 6 weeks of football. So yes those mistakes are all on Reid as it's his job to fix them and looks like it's only getting worse. 

Unless a HC wins a SB he's always inferior. Reid hasn't been able to accomplish things that the "worse" coaches than him were able to. If those lame coaches can coach up their players to win why isn't the great Reid able to do so? 

At least he taught Tyreek to run fast and taught Pat to throw far.

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

At least he taught Tyreek to run fast and taught Pat to throw far.

Don't you remember the time Hill started up? He would have been baffled with the notion of a route. Coaches are responsible for the good things as well as the bad ones and we had a lot of skill players progress under Reid.