what’s the solution with current personal

whar are your thoughts on to turn this around? 

my thnking is to first start with running the ball with daryl williams. mahohomes under center and sherman in the game. we have to keep our offense on the field. he needs it 15+ times. 

defensivly, go all out to stop the run and play man. bring extra defender down. take our chances. if we play to keep everything in front of us the other team will do what has happened the last three games. do stunts blitz’s whatever it takes. there’s no choice now. 

special teams needs to put hardman in there and don’t fair catch anything inside of 10. take our chances. 

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

whar are your thoughts on to turn this around? 

my thnking is to first start with running the ball with daryl williams. mahohomes under center and sherman in the game. we have to keep our offense on the field. he needs it 15+ times. 

defensivly, go all out to stop the run and play man. bring extra defender down. take our chances. if we play to keep everything in front of us the other team will do what has happened the last three games. do stunts blitz’s whatever it takes. there’s no choice now. 

special teams needs to put hardman in there and don’t fair catch anything inside of 10. take our chances. 

Uhm, Yes!

Try all of it. The question is, why haven't they tried any of this yet??

Just now, Palangi said:

I'd actually like to see darryl and Darwin at RB. Not a fan of McCoy and damien. 

Yea, I'm not a Damien fan either.

I think more Darryl and Shady is a good tandem. Problem is, Andy has to use them more 10 times a game.

Just now, artsy said:

Yea, I'm not a Damien fan either.

I think more Darryl and Shady is a good tandem. Problem is, Andy has to use them more 10 times a game.

I think its the same guy....... they just use different #s jersey based on the package.

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

i don’t know artsy. the RPO is not cutting it anymore for the run game. 

we need our lineman and TE to start punching people in the mouth instead being punched. 

Yes. They need to incorporate some more pro style sets and pound the rock. I think Wis will replace Reiter sooner than later. Then when we get Fish back we could have a solid line. 

On defense....who fuckin knows.

I remember years back we lost a couple games when Andy went brain dead and forgot how valuable JC was.  It might have been the 1-5 year.  But when he got back to being balanced we started winning.   He is such a great mind that if he can stay balanced we dominate, but he gets so excited about trying to push the limits that we get away from what works.   You don't have to hand the ball off 30 times a game but you can design short passes to the backs, screens, sweeps etc.  I am confident they will get it figured out, and hopefully by Thursday.  

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

we need our lineman and TE to start punching people in the mouth instead being punched. 

yes sir, I agree. That's a Reid issue. He has to do something with offense to control game also. He can't just dial up a shitload of pass plays, go three and out and then put his tired ass defense back on the field.

Running the ball, even if its a 3 yds a clip, allows his defense to get a break. It also keeps the opposing defense honest, and protects his oline and qb. 

The best unit on this team is the offense and Reid needs to use his offense to play a little a defense.

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

Only time Darryl touched the ball he broke off a massive gain. We didn't seem him last week or yesterday...

agree d man. he’s 225 and is always falling forward. 

if reid comes out thursday with heavy personal packages with sherman in and mahohomes under center denver will be shocked. 

6 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

if reid comes out thursday with heavy personal packages with sherman in and mahohomes under center denver will be shocked. 

Right. Gotta switch it up sometimes. Sherman is probably one of the better FB's in the game and he's rarely used. Protect Mahomes man he's the Franchise. Clark Hunt can't be pleased with this gameplan. No LT or LG, starting WR's out. Need to get back to basic football. That will open everything else up. Good thing this happened early in the year...there's still time to adjust.

As long as the O-line is wrecked, the Chiefs need Bell or one of the RB to chip before going out in a pattern.  Erving just can't get it done and with Mahomes hobbled, Mahomes can't avoid the rush as well.  Not sure why that isn't being done until Fisher gets back. 

Go back to basics.  Tackling, simple blocking schemes, using stunts and blitzes and sell out against the run. Learn to play discipline ball but going back to basics should allow us to cut down on penalties. Should at least help Erving who is shit back there. If he does not get a penalty he whiffs on his blocking.

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

This would mean that Reid has conceded that his qb can't get it done, and reverted back to the basics.

I don't see this happening, YET. But if we lose a couple more games, I can see this happening. 

Reid believes Mahomes is his biggest and best method to generate offense. And of course we all believe this to be true. But lately, with a banged up oline and a gimpy qb, the standard is not working.

More screen passes and runs. Force teams to bring guys up and slow down the pass rush. At least until we get healthy. 

Defensively the guys need to slow things down a little. Players are not under control when making tackles. Good solid tackling helps a lot. Bring extra people if necessary. 

It is a bit expected that defensive chemistry will take a while to get. Let's not forget this was almost a complete defensive rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Problem is we have a line of almost all finesse type players. Erving is plain awful in the run game period. 

Getting Fisher and Watkins back and hopefully finding an upgrade for at least LG with Rankin or Wis.  The O will be fine.    The D can't be fixed without some help imo.  Maybe Ragland can help with the run D but the moment we over commit we will get shredded on the back end.   With that said I'd rather get shredded there than in the run.   At this point I don't want to give up a 1st round pick for someone because we could use that pick to trade back and get 2 pieces for this puzzle.   I do think we could swing Robinson for a DT or LB though which is what we need more than a shutdown cb at this moment.   

Looking at the numbers the Texans targetted our LBs (epsecially Lee and Wilson) all day. They are a HUGE problem and I don't see solution anywhere on our roster. Has there been any LBs in the trade deadline rumors? Or a guy that plays for Mia, NYJ, Cincy or Wash?

My best guess. KC makes no impact trades. Why would MNGT  trust Veach at this point? Hell...he probably has lost self confidence. Teams are all probably calling KC daily because they know Veach is willing to completely overpay and may be on the ropes. I hope KC stands pat. Veach has had two full off seasons to get the defense a little better. Its not even a little better. The VERDICT is IN. He has been elevated/promoted above his ability. 

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

My best guess. KC makes no impact trades. Why would MNGT  trust Veach at this point? Hell...he probably has lost self confidence. Teams are all probably calling KC daily because they know Veach is willing to completely overpay and may be on the ropes. I hope KC stands pat.

id give up a 4th for geno atkins