It takes time

2 hours ago, robgar said:

only question about the denver game, is just how many starters can actually play. and its a thursday game.... 

denvers playing like shit... but.... we have a tackle and a center.  so.......and on defense.... not sure we have 5 healthy linemen, between the 0 and the D

Denver has won their last 2 games and only given up 13 points in the process. 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:02 PM, BroncoStud said:

Yeah right.  The Denver offense makes me ill to watch.  Denver isn't winning this game dudue.

Stubby...do not discount it. If Mahomes were 100% and Fisher was in at LT I would likely agree. Instead Mahomes is limited and our LT now couldn't start for the Jayhawks! Throw in the fact Andy doesn't do well with Thursday night divisional road games (see Raiders). I am not optimistic.

Not apples to apples but anyone who watches Big 12 football can see definite improvement in OUs defense which was miserable last year. Many of the same players but the former Ohio State coordinator making clear progress with them.  
it begs question of whether all the extra tackling they can do in college sped up process. Or if we just have too many holes in the dam to find something we are actually good at and scheme accordingly.  Or is our DC (a guy I believe in) still not good enough.  I tend to think 1 and 2 are most likely. 

56 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This will be their Super Bowl after losing 7 straight to us.  We must match that intensity!

Agree. Chiefs have to play fired up and ready to kick ass. Also need to play a clean game (penalties, turnovers).

22 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Got to play with the guys we got

Moves can be made here though as the Rams showed. Question is could we get enough out of them to make a difference this year and make it worth sacrificing draft picks.  To me we’ve got to try. DT, LB, CB or G could all help us. Trade for one, sign another.  

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Agree. Chiefs have to play fired up and ready to kick ass. Also need to play a clean game (penalties, turnovers).

Penalties and turnovers the last three weeks have been beyond absurd. If we don’t clean that up, we won’t win many more games at all this year regardless of the opponent.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

This will be their Super Bowl after losing 7 straight to us.  We must match that intensity!

Like I told a friend yesterday. I can handle them losing this game. I already realize this team isnt as good as I hoped. What I cant handle is not seeing this team come out and play balls to the wall. I expect and effort like havent seen all season on both sides. 

If they're just goin through the motions like they did Sunday...fuck.

And this includes Spagnuolo. He better be dialing up blitzes and doing WHATEVER it takes to get to Flacco. He has no mobility, so theres no excuse to not put him on the ground.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Like I told a friend yesterday. I can handle them losing this game. I already realize this team isnt as good as I hoped. What I cant handle is not seeing this team come out and play balls to the wall. I expect and effort like havent seen all season on both sides. 

If they're just goin through the motions like they did Sunday...fuck.

And this includes Spagnuolo. He better be dialing up blitzes and doing WHATEVER it takes to get to Flacco. He has no mobility, so theres no excuse to not put him on the ground.

Agree 100 percent.  There’s a real chance our explosive offense will return in November. But if we can’t match opponents energy level and play hard when the chips are down, this team is doomed either way. 
I can live with mistakes tomorrow because of personal issues. But I can’t go another week without seeing the defense swarm the football or a RB dragging a tackler an extra yard or laying hard hits wherever possible or Andy not establishing any running game. Set a tone for the rest of the season. Because so far I see a defense especially that seems to lay down when things go south.  

I don’t agree that the Chiefs defense isn’t progressing. It’s hard to see because our competition is getting tougher and tougher. 

Texans have a legit offense that is really playing well. They just hung over 50 on Atlanta the week before. We were missing Jones and our Mike.

I don’t think we are as bad as we looked. We need to get Jones and Hitch back and just keep working. 

I think the hardest thing for fans has been playing the last two weeks without having Hitchens to blame everything on. And pining over Nieman to come in and fix this thing.

We have to play better in the trenches and the rest will take care if itself.  You can’t get blown backwards and be successful. 

Same on offense. There is nothing wrong with Shady or Hardman or Robinson. We just have to block somebody.

38 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree 100 percent.  There’s a real chance our explosive offense will return in November. But if we can’t match opponents energy level and play hard when the chips are down, this team is doomed either way. 
I can live with mistakes tomorrow because of personal issues. But I can’t go another week without seeing the defense swarm the football or a RB dragging a tackler an extra yard or laying hard hits wherever possible or Andy not establishing any running game. Set a tone for the rest of the season. Because so far I see a defense especially that seems to lay down when things go south.  

Non contact practices have really impacted the game. These guys play on Sundays and it's the first time theyve actually hit someone in a week. Missed tackles are killing this defense too. I bet we've had at least 5 drives there could have gotten off the field if we just wrapped up. And that's the difference in us bring 4-2 and 6-0.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Non contact practices have really impacted the game. These guys play on Sundays and it's the first time theyve actually hit someone in a week. Missed tackles are killing this defense too. I bet we've had at least 5 drives there could have gotten off the field if we just wrapped up. And that's the difference in us bring 4-2 and 6-0.

Saw a clip on twitter of that last game winning clinching drive by Houston. We'd actually stuffed the run on first down. Second down they threw a screen and we had it completely covered. I think it was Wilson who came in first and had an easy tackle that he didn't make. While the second guy just kind of stood there watching expecting him to make it. WR slips free and gets about 15 yards. Somebody should lose their job for that. And it sure wasn't Spags who apparently had the right defense called. 

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Saw a clip on twitter of that last game winning clinching drive by Houston. We'd actually stuffed the run on first down. Second down they threw a screen and we had it completely covered. I think it was Wilson who came in first and had an easy tackle that he didn't make. While the second guy just kind of stood there watching expecting him to make it. WR slips free and gets about 15 yards. Somebody should lose their job for that. And it sure wasn't Spags who apparently had the right defense called. 

Yeah, that was Darron Lee who missed the tackle. Would have been 3rd and 8.