Silver linings?

24 minutes ago, artsy said:

Imo, the secondary is the strongest unit of this weak defense.

I'm thinking Spags should start selling out to stop the run (stacking the box), and seeing if this secondary and lock down one on one...

Other than that, I don't know how they stop the bleeding/leaking/gashing of the run defense.

Agreed. Even Breeland has been solid. He just needs to quit grabbing jerseys.

37 minutes ago, artsy said:

I'm thinking Spags should start selling out to stop the run (stacking the box), and seeing if this secondary and lock down one on one...

Other than that, I don't know how they stop the bleeding/leaking/gashing of the run defense.

I agree. They really have been the strength. Never in a million years would I have guessed that coming in. 

I also agree that I would crash the box and try to stop the run and get more pressure. Mix in more man coverage. Let them beat you over the top if they can. Those runs are just a killer.

26 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I agree. They really have been the strength. Never in a million years would I have guessed that coming in. 

I also agree that I would crash the box and try to stop the run and get more pressure. Mix in more man coverage. Let them beat you over the top if they can. Those runs are just a killer.

I just can't seem to figure out why Spags is not doing this????

I'm guessing they're okay with the Bend but don't break game plan, and just don't want to get beat deep or give up a score too fast.

However, that only works when you have a nice lead. When you don't have a lead, you have to force some 3 and outs....And bend but don't break is not the way to do it..

28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Yes, don't have to worry about Flacco scrambling either. Will Clark have his multi-sack game Thursday?:lol:

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

If our O can get there act together it’ll force Denver out of running 50 times on us and if we can do that then Clark is going to dominate this game.

That's a valid statement, however I think teams won't get away from the run against us at this point. They are going to keep pounding at us regardless even if it's a two score game. The front 7 is far banged up and our offense hasn't been able to sustain drives to keep our D off the field. It's the opposite of good, complimentary football. This needs to turn around Thursday...no excuses Andy; let your ego aside...Cali & Lamar, I think you've been saying this for a while...Stop the run and run the ball.

5 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

That's a valid statement, however I think teams won't get away from the run against us at this point. They are going to keep pounding at us regardless even if it's a two score game. The front 7 is far banged up and our offense hasn't been able to sustain drives to keep our D off the field. It's the opposite of good, complimentary football. This needs to turn around Thursday...no excuses Andy; let your ego aside...Cali & Lamar, I think you've been saying this for a while...Stop the run and run the ball.

THIS^^^

Denver has a big fat chunk of KC KRYPTONITE. (It's called a run game and a pass rush)

Fangio, is old school. He will run the ball ALL NITE LONG...No mater what the score is; especially if we're not stopping it.

3 hours ago, artsy said:

THIS^^^

Denver has a big fat chunk of KC KRYPTONITE. (It's called a run game and a pass rush)

Fangio, is old school. He will run the ball ALL NITE LONG...No mater what the score is; especially if we're not stopping it.

Its kinda of been a perfect storm brought on by ours truly that allows these teams to win.   Our Oline is banged up, Mahomes is banged up, we are without some of our best pieces and we still fart are way to 24 points with a missed FG and two drives that refs killed.   Its not pretty but its not Alex Smith futility either.    Our defense isn't going to get miraculously better but when our O starts clicking teams won't be able to run 50 times on us because that won't get it done.    I do agree though that some dumb team will think they can though and get embarrassed for it.    One last thing.   We need to stop taking our foot off the peddle.   Andy did that in the first couple games and I think it kills momentum, allows lesser teams back in the game, and gives other teams a false sense of security.   We need to be obliterating other teams and instilling fear across the league.   We don't scare anyone any more and won't until Andy gets his head out of his butt and starts calling a logical game for all 4 quarters.   

21 hours ago, artsy said:

I definitely wouldn’t call the corners a strength at all,, but they aren’t as bad as the LBs!  I like our safeties and defensive ends. Theyve all flashed real playmaking ability. Without Jones we are awful up the middle right now.  
If Veach is trying to plug the dam this year I’d be looking in for a wide body that can eat up a double team in the middle. You can sometimes get those non pass rushers cheap or off the street.  MUST get a LB who can cover at the very least. Corner who doesn’t need much safety help would also help a lot overall but would be expensive as they are hard to find.