Mahomes Interception

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/something-fishy-happened-in-that-texans-chiefs-call/ar-AAIKJJD?li=BBnbfcL

I was wondering wtf happened and how the Interception wasn't overturned. 

I wondered the same thing.  Kelce got mugged to the ground as a route runner, but there was no defensive PI?  No holding?  Nothing?  I believed it to be a terrible call at the time and nothing I've seen in the 24-hours since makes me believe any different.

This kind of sh!t coupled with the roughing the passer call on Chris Jones for touching TB12’s shoulder pad (when he had the ball) in the AFC Championship makes me think the NFL has it out for the Chiefs.

Add in the non-PI call in the Saints-Rams NFC Championship & I really wonder if the NFL is a shinier version of professional wrestling.

Don't forget the play where Kelce was ridden down before the ball arrived and no call.  Reid threw the flag, the announcers said it was a no brainer for PI, and of course the ref said the call stood.  Reviewing PI calls and non calls has become a joke.  Why have the rule if the officials ignore it.  For real favoritism, watch a replay of the fourth quarter of the G.B./Lions game tonight.  Three calls in about five minutes that all went against the Lions and any one of them would have changed the outcome.  The league has to take notice of this stuff. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't forget the play where Kelce was ridden down before the ball arrived and no call.  Reid threw the flag, the announcers said it was a no brainer for PI, and of course the ref said the call stood.  Reviewing PI calls and non calls has become a joke.  Why have the rule if the officials ignore it.  For real favoritism, watch a replay of the fourth quarter of the G.B./Lions game tonight.  Three calls in about five minutes that all went against the Lions and any one of them would have changed the outcome.  The league has to take notice of this stuff. 

Clete Blakeman is a joke. Screwed us last year. Screwed Lions tonight. Screwed others in games gone by. By far one of the worst.

10 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/something-fishy-happened-in-that-texans-chiefs-call/ar-AAIKJJD?li=BBnbfcL

I was wondering wtf happened and how the Interception wasn't overturned. 

Mahomes said he thought he had a free play so he took a shot. I’ve never seen this type of thing happen before. Completely laughable to overturn that.  

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

They must have it out for Detroit, too. They gave that game to Green Bay tonight.

I don’t think they are trying to help any team but rather they hate having PIs challenged this year and are coming up with unique was to disrupt that process. Which in fact hurts the integrity of the game 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

I didn't expect the new challenge rules to make a decent impact but looks like we were better off. The commentator also pointed out why they wouldn't overturn Kelce PI but if you cannot overturn that one why even have the challenge option? 

Even Dan freaking Fouts thought it was PI on Kelce in the second half where Andy challenged.

2 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Even Dan freaking Fouts thought it was PI on Kelce in the second half where Andy challenged.

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise, but didn't really understand the weird explanation they gave on why it wouldn't be overturned. That's some huge BS, either don't give the option to challenge it or simply treat it as a real challenge. 

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

They said it wasn't PI because Kelce wasn't the intended receiver. Doesn't matter it was contact & holding before ball was thrown. A horrible call.

That was a BS call. How many times this year has Breeland been called for PI (Holding), right before we either sacked the qb or made a 3rd down stop?? Or when he was on the other side of the field holding a WR????

As soon as Kelce was tackled, the flag should've been thrown. We Pat saw the flag, he took a deep shot, THINKING it wouldn't matter because of the flag.

Terrible call.

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

They said it wasn't PI because Kelce wasn't the intended receiver. Doesn't matter it was contact & holding before ball was thrown. A horrible call.

I agree and I'm actually ok with the Refs getting together and making it NOT be PI.  I think that's actually the correct call and makes sense....NOW the horrible part is IF they take the PI away it MUST be called d holding.  I mean its not like they had to decide if there was PI or Holding going on because they called PI and it happened!  They took PI away because Kelce wasn't the intended receiver and thus the ball was uncatchable.....I get it...that's the rules!  OK, but if not PI it MUST MUST MUST be Holding on the Defense!!!!!!  100% MUST BE!

Again..LOVE the call to change it from PI because it wasn't....BUT WOW it was 100% D-Holding

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise, but didn't really understand the weird explanation they gave on why it wouldn't be overturned. That's some huge BS, either don't give the option to challenge it or simply treat it as a real challenge. 

If the ball had been tipped that excuse would have flown if they were both going after the ball. But it wasnt. Basically these assholes indicated they waived a penalty off because Kelce wasnt the intended receiver. So I guess now you can tackle people while the ball is in the air as long as they arent the target.

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If the ball had been tipped that excuse would have flown if they were both going after the ball. But it wasnt. Basically these assholes indicated they waived a penalty off because Kelce wasnt the intended receiver. So I guess now you can tackle people while the ball is in the air as long as they arent the target.

Do you think the ball was in the air when Kelce was held?  Andy challenged the play where Kelce was ridden down from behind and the refs couldn't see it even on replay.  Hard evidence that the refs, or at least this one, won't change a call no matter how obvious when it concerns PI. 

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Mahomes said he thought he had a free play so he took a shot. I’ve never seen this type of thing happen before. Completely laughable to overturn that.  

The Chiefs should cut or trade him. He's a professional and should take every play seriously and shouldn't slack off just because he thought he had a free play. What a loser.

Oh boy now I sound like a bunch of other idiots in here that believe I know more than the pros do.

12 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The Chiefs should cut or trade him. He's a professional and should take every play seriously and shouldn't slack off just because he thought he had a free play. What a loser.

Oh boy now I sound like a bunch of other idiots in here that believe I know more than the pros do.

Uh oh...

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

Uh oh...

Sit back with an opened mind, try and look at things not as an irate fan and read some of the shit stated in here.

It's ridiculous, one day get rid of this or that guy next day it's this or that guy. Then the following day or week it's, we should have gotten this guy or that guy without knowing if the team tried or not. Or we paid too much for him or should have paid for him.

Yes it's an opinion board but some in here actually believe that their opinions hold more weight than others. Yet others believe that they could be a better GM, coach or even player which is bold talk for a bunch of armchair QBs or Monday morning fantasy owners.

JMO

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Either way Mahomes has had it coming because of his woeful pass protection. He should have about 3 or 4 picks this year. 

Yup, I agree. And, I don't know if his ankle is the cause but he's been taking a lot throws off of his back foot. A lot!

However, like I said it could be because he can't plant that left foot...

27 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Sit back with an opened mind, try and look at things not as an irate fan and read some of the shit stated in here.

It's ridiculous, one day get rid of this or that guy next day it's this or that guy. Then the following day or week it's, we should have gotten this guy or that guy without knowing if the team tried or not. Or we paid too much for him or should have paid for him.

Yes it's an opinion board but some in here actually believe that their opinions hold more weight than others. Yet others believe that they could be a better GM, coach or even player which is bold talk for a bunch of armchair QBs or Monday morning fantasy owners.

JMO

You need to go get laid or get drunk (or both) and quit reading discussions on a discussion board. ;)