Mahomes Interception

Rewatched the 1st half. The possession following Mahomes INT' Chiefs (score 17-16) get down to the 30 of the Texans. Pass, pass, pass....3 incompletions and 4th down, kicker misses the kick. Pass happiness will get you no where in this league. Andy must change this...

18 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Sit back with an opened mind, try and look at things not as an irate fan and read some of the shit stated in here.

It's ridiculous, one day get rid of this or that guy next day it's this or that guy. Then the following day or week it's, we should have gotten this guy or that guy without knowing if the team tried or not. Or we paid too much for him or should have paid for him.

Yes it's an opinion board but some in here actually believe that their opinions hold more weight than others. Yet others believe that they could be a better GM, coach or even player which is bold talk for a bunch of armchair QBs or Monday morning fantasy owners.

JMO

While I do not disagree with your general post, what does your post have to do with this specific topic and the responses that are in this topic? I didn't see anyone pipe up that anyone needed cut, or anything like that. Maybe your rant was meant to be posted in a different topic?

11 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Rewatched the 1st half. The possession following Mahomes INT' Chiefs (score 17-16) get down to the 30 of the Texans. Pass, pass, pass....3 incompletions and 4th down, kicker misses the kick. Pass happiness will get you no where in this league. Andy must change this...

I agree and disagree. The Chiefs greatest weapon is Patrick Mahomes, so I understand why they call so many passing plays. That said, the play calls could have still been passing plays but different route concepts that would have provided better down and distance moving options. They also should call running plays simply so they are less predictable and can set up the play action pass more often. Shady has played quite well and they are not using him enough.

16 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I agree and disagree. The Chiefs greatest weapon is Patrick Mahomes, so I understand why they call so many passing plays. That said, the play calls could have still been passing plays but different route concepts that would have provided better down and distance moving options. They also should call running plays simply so they are less predictable and can set up the play action pass more often. Shady has played quite well and they are not using him enough.

Its not so much the passing plays that bother me but rather the type of passing plays. What we are doing is slow developing and further exposed our oline.

Also I just read a nice piece about how Mahomes deep drops are putting even more pressure on this line. Right here, right now we’ve gotta switch things up. Short drops and get the ball out. More slants and screens. Use some actual running plays to slow pass rush with play action. 

Seems crucial tomorrow night.  

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Its not so much the passing plays that bother me but rather the type of passing plays. What we are doing is slow developing and further exposed our oline.

Also I just read a nice piece about how Mahomes deep drops are putting even more pressure on this line. Right here, right now we’ve gotta switch things up. Short drops and get the ball out. More slants and screens. Use some actual running plays to slow pass rush with play action. 

I agree with your thoughts. Mahomes could actually go through a game without re-injuring his ankle if the ball is out of his hands quicker.

21 hours ago, Balto said:

I agree and I'm actually ok with the Refs getting together and making it NOT be PI.  I think that's actually the correct call and makes sense....NOW the horrible part is IF they take the PI away it MUST be called d holding.  I mean its not like they had to decide if there was PI or Holding going on because they called PI and it happened!  They took PI away because Kelce wasn't the intended receiver and thus the ball was uncatchable.....I get it...that's the rules!  OK, but if not PI it MUST MUST MUST be Holding on the Defense!!!!!!  100% MUST BE!

Again..LOVE the call to change it from PI because it wasn't....BUT WOW it was 100% D-Holding

The question I have is can the refs retroactively call a penalty not called during the play? Unless it's a personal foul? No doubt Kelce got mugged. Has anyone seen a play review where holding was called when it wasn't called initially? Just curious.

51 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The question I have is can the refs retroactively call a penalty not called during the play? Unless it's a personal foul? No doubt Kelce got mugged. Has anyone seen a play review where holding was called when it wasn't called initially? Just curious.

No. Never seen it. You teach QBs to take chances when they see a clear penalty on the defense. Mahomes did and got screwed by something you never see. Agree with Balto holding was clearly the right call. Free play.  Automatic first down inside the Houston 20 up 17-9.  I won’t blame losses on refs because we control so many more outcomes. But that one play without question changed the game.  

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No. Never seen it. You teach QBs to take chances when they see a clear penalty on the defense. Mahomes did and got screwed by something you never see. Agree with Balto holding was clearly the right call. Free play.  Automatic first down inside the Houston 20 up 17-9.  I won’t blame losses on refs because we control so many more outcomes. But that one play without question changed the game.  

Almost makes you wonder if Kelce isn't on the referee Union's unwritten list. He's had some run ins in years past. Remember when he threw a pretend flag? Any chance his name gets handed down from crew to crew? It just seems he has been mugged a lot lately and a bunch of no calls. Refs turning a blind eye?

28 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Almost makes you wonder if Kelce isn't on the referee Union's unwritten list. He's had some run ins in years past. Remember when he threw a pretend flag? Any chance his name gets handed down from crew to crew? It just seems he has been mugged a lot lately and a bunch of no calls. Refs turning a blind eye?

There’s definitely some signs the refs have gone rogue and I wouldn’t put it past them. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

This is a good point. Far too many deep drops. That just opens oneself up to the oncoming rush and hard hits. 

1 minute ago, DefensiveMan said:

This is a good point. Far too many deep drops. That just opens oneself up to the oncoming rush and hard hits. 

Yeah I was really disappointed that we didn't try more screen passes and bubble screens and even add in some jet sweeps. Playcalling has been suspect the past few games.

Bottom line to be safe it was at least defensive holding and it should have nullified the turnover. Terrible officiating. Mahomes saw the penalty and took a shot as a result. No way that flag should have been picked up.  I have seen many plays where holding is called on a receiver that the ball was not intended for. The officials really screwed up on that play.

8 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

While I do not disagree with your general post, what does your post have to do with this specific topic and the responses that are in this topic? I didn't see anyone pipe up that anyone needed cut, or anything like that. Maybe your rant was meant to be posted in a different topic?

Artsy is a friend, I quoted and responded to his comment knowing what he was getting at. I assume you missed that.