Saying it again. We would be better if we drafted a LB'er instead of Mecole Hardman

4 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

I blame that little stupid fuck Tyreek for part of our D problems.    As the world turns.   Little assholes family drama screwed this defense.

In the 8 remaining picks in the 2nd round after we took Hardman. FOUR were WRs. Three were safeties of which one was Thornhill and the other a DT who’s had 1 career tackle and has been inactive most of the season.  

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

and I blame you for 80% of the stupid fuck threads on here.so dont call anyone a stupid little asshole till you look in the mirror.

have a nice day

Technically he called him a "stupid little fuck" and "Little assholes" (sic).  Never a "stupid little asshole".  

Get it straight OT.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

They were already shopping Hill around so it wasn't like they were high on keeping him and had a last second setback. However we should have taken an OG or an OC with that pick. Definitely wasted two on a WR and we have guys starting around the NFL already.

So you would have preferred to take an OG or OC with that pick that nobody else in the NFL valued as any better than a 3rd rounder?  We took a sought after player that started a run of 5 WRs. I think this is how you draft and if Veach sticks with that formula instead of reaching for out of position players we will be okay. Exact same with Thornhill.  

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and I blame you for 80% of the stupid fuck threads on here.so dont call anyone a stupid little asshole till you look in the mirror.

have a nice day

This is 8:30 AM laugh out loud funny. Coffee and the OT comedy show. Great way to start a day. Well done!

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

So you would have preferred to take an OG or OC with that pick that nobody else in the NFL valued as any better than a 3rd rounder?  We took a sought after player that started a run of 5 WRs. I think this is how you draft and if Veach sticks with that formula instead of reaching for out of position players we will be okay. Exact same with Thornhill.  

The WR we drafted has never been anything more than #3 receiver even with two of our starters out. So we reached already for a developmental guy that's not even a position of need. Also I would have definitely picked a lineman even if some consider that to be a reach, anyone starting in the NFL at this point is a lot more valuable than a receiver. Other GMs passing up on guys either mean they don't have a need in the position or aren't good judges of talent to identify starter potential unless they have a bigger need elsewhere. 

First...the other time you brought this up, you wanted a CB, not a LB...make up your mind

Second...going with your own prior argument, we most likely would have grabbed a CB with the pick we used on Hardman and would still need LB

Third...the Chiefs thought they were okay with Ragland and Hitchens at LB in a new defense and most likely wouldn't have happened if we were good at CB anyway

Fourth...the draft was very sparse at LB in that area of talent.  The first LB taken after our 2nd round pick was nearly half a round later, 12 spots down.

Fourth...just like last time, I'm going to look at all the LBs taken between Hardman and the chiefs 4th round pick to see the gamechangers we passed up...

• Jachai Polite - Didn't even make his team, is on his 3rd practice squad
  • Germaine Pratt - 4th on the depth chart for his team, averaging 1 tackle/game, no pressures/sacks/hurries/TFL
  • Sione Takitaki - only seen snaps in two games, two assisted tackles, no solo...

So please, GURU of drafting and obvious hater of Tyreek Hill...tell me how your dream scenario of drafting a LB instead of Hardman would have actually impacted this team the way you are dreaming it would have.

I don't generally directly insult people on here(if ever), but you are just a small, uninformed person and you need to dial it back.  I feel for your co-workers and family that have to hear garbage like this from you everyday instead of just occasionally like the people on here. 

8 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

I blame that little stupid fuck Tyreek for part of our D problems.    As the world turns.   Little assholes family drama screwed this defense.

Anyone specific you are referring to?

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The WR we drafted has never been anything more than #3 receiver even with two of our starters out. So we reached already for a developmental guy that's not even a position of need. Also I would have definitely picked a lineman even if some consider that to be a reach, anyone starting in the NFL at this point is a lot more valuable than a receiver. Other GMs passing up on guys either mean they don't have a need in the position or aren't good judges of talent to identify starter potential unless they have a bigger need elsewhere. 

You would have to get to the middle of round 3 before anyone took an offensive lineman after that.  In between SEVEN WRs were drafted after Veach started the run. People have to understand that rookies often do not produce much in this league. So drafting for immediate need is a dicey proposition. Plus we had a clear need after this season to fill an important role. AND we had just lost our #3 already. Hardman is 21, played in a run heavy offense and was on the cusp of being the focal point of being Georgia’s go to offensive weapon. A likely first round pick in 2020 IMO.  I personally really like what Veach did in round 2 in 2019. I do not like what he did in a similar spot in 2018.  

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You would have to get to the middle of round 3 before anyone took an offensive lineman after that.  In between SEVEN WRs were drafted after Veach started the run. People have to understand that rookies often do not produce much in this league. So drafting for immediate need is a dicey proposition. Plus we had a clear need after this season to fill an important role. AND we had just lost our #3 already. Hardman is 21, played in a run heavy offense and was on the cusp of being the focal point of being Georgia’s go to offensive weapon. A likely first round pick in 2020 IMO.  I personally really like what Veach did in round 2 in 2019. I do not like what he did in a similar spot in 2018.  

WR is never an important need, they are dime a dozen. Especially if you have a year to develop you can easily find similar guys among undrafted prospects. 

That being said we have OL starters picked later than our 2nd who are producing right now while Mahomes is playing pinata for the rest of the NFL. If your point is we should have been at a higher pick to draft a lineman then we could actually package multiple picks for a smart purpose and do so. Looks like moving up 8 more spots for McCoy would have been a very good move. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

WR is never an important need, they are dime a dozen. Especially if you have a year to develop you can easily find similar guys among undrafted prospects. 

That being said we have OL starters picked later than our 2nd who are producing right now while Mahomes is playing pinata for the rest of the NFL. If your point is we should have been at a higher pick to draft a lineman then we could actually package multiple picks for a smart purpose and do so. Looks like moving up 8 more spots for McCoy would have been a very good move. 

If WRs are a dime a dozen they why do you think 8 different teams took WRs between picks 51 and 67? No other position was even remotely close to this. It's because there was clear positional value there. If we wanted an interior linemen why not just wait til the middle of round 3 and get one instead of Saunders? Yes we could have moved up 14 spots to get McCoy costing a third and fifth. I would have been okay with this, but that type of move is much easier said than done. This offensive line was fine last year with the same cast of characters except for Fish being out. Heck we were better without LDT and his big contract. Fish is the guy we need back to really analyze what else is there because right now its a house of cards we are so weak on the left side. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If WRs are a dime a dozen they why do you think 8 different teams took WRs between picks 51 and 67? No other position was even remotely close to this. It's because there was clear positional value there. If we wanted an interior linemen why not just wait til the middle of round 3 and get one instead of Saunders? Yes we could have moved up 14 spots to get McCoy costing a third and fifth. I would have been okay with this, but that type of move is much easier said than done. This offensive line was fine last year with the same cast of characters except for Fish being out. Heck we were better without LDT and his big contract. Fish is the guy we need back to really analyze what else is there because right now its a house of cards we are so week on the left side. 

It's not positional value, it's simply need. When you have a good QB WRs are dime a dozen, when you have a lame one you need to add solid receivers to make up for the difference. That's why we have a guy like Pringle playing solid football within a year of being undrafted. The need at the OL has been apparent since last year. We had Mahomes running for his life more often than he should. Almost no depth and Erving as our only option to take over multiple positions in case of injury. Do you actually think Hardman would have been picked in a re-do draft, or Winowich in 3rd? 

Too early to make these pronouncements. And we have no idea who they had on their board and in what priority. Hardman should be doing everything DAT does to get him touches. If anything, DAT is wasting a roster space we could be using on defense. Even if that defensive player isn’t any good, he probably makes a better impact than DAT.

8 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Too early to make these pronouncements. And we have no idea who they had on their board and in what priority. Hardman should be doing everything DAT does to get him touches. If anything, DAT is wasting a roster space we could be using on defense. Even if that defensive player isn’t any good, he probably makes a better impact than DAT.

How about our return game? Let's have some nice punt/kick returns on Thursday night. We are going to need everything. Toub's ST's unit hasn't been as good as year's past. No explosive returns except Hardman's at Detroit where he fumbled. I think we miss Marcus Kemp in some ways. Looking for the Special Teams to step it up a bit.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

How about our return game? Let's have some nice punt/kick returns on Thursday night. We are going to need everything. Toub's ST's unit hasn't been as good as year's past. No explosive returns except Hardman's at Detroit where he fumbled. I think we miss Marcus Kemp in some ways. Looking for the Special Teams to step it up a bit.

The Broncos cover units aren’t very good. Hoping Toub can find a way to exploit it. A win here and 10 days til the next game would be a huge boost.  

Hindsight is always perfect, but I have no problem with the WR choice.  The big mistake was way overspending on Clark, both in draft capital and salary cap, instead of going after a CB or LB.  Drafting an OG in the first is a little high unless he's a monster talent, but second and third rounds are usually a gold mine for interior line.  This team just wasn't ready to compete for the SB this year.  Until Mahomes showed off last season, the plan was always to build for 2020 and 2021.  If everyone gets healthy and the Chiefs can steal a game or two from the NFC north, they will be in good position to make another playoff run, but the defense has to be upgraded along with the O-line before they are the top team even when healthy. 

21 hours ago, DieHard said:

Speaking of returns. Can we please not run it out of the end zone? We will get to the 20 and then move it back to the 10 for the penalty. Please just take it on the 25.

YES YES YES and YES!!!!!!   Fair catch every punt and let every kickoff go into the end zone.  Nobody is getting return yards and our return teams can't stop flags from happening.  At this point you can just fire Toub and hire a kicking team coach to take care of that side of things. 

Toub went from rising start in the coaching ranks to absolute crap real quick.  Crazy...