Chiefs @ Donks GDT

2 minutes ago, wilkie said:

I am not negative Nancy.  Sorry but keep our eyes on the prize.  When we won superboel, Dawson out of even  7 games........History repeats itself itself.     Defense really got to step it up.  But...can be done.   Excuse me...CAN Be DONe.

Dawson was out 7 games?

2 minutes ago, wilkie said:

I am not negative Nancy.  Sorry but keep our eyes on the prize.  When we won super bowl, Dawson out of even  7 games........History repeats itself itself.     Defense really got to step it up.  But...can be done.   Excuse me...CAN Be DONe.

I knew were you were coming from Wilkie. This win will be monumental if Mahomes is ok.  It would be nice if history did repeat itself. 

Just now, azchief21 said:

I hated to see Mahomes get hurt, but overall I really enjoyed that game. I'm not going to complain about anything.

Yup. Players get hurt and I hate it, especially when it happens to our squad.  But these guys are professionals and they got to step it up. Judt like when Jones, Hill and Watkins went down.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

The Donkeys are terrible. Elway is clueless when it comes to evaluating QB talent. Aside from going out and getting one of the best that ever played (no brainer), it's been series of flops. 

I mean - it's like franchise QBs grow on trees, right?  The Chiefs drafted one in the past half century.  How dare Elway struggle to find his QBotF when there are so many floating around out there.  You'll see Drew Lock after the bye week at some point, if his thumb is in fact healed.  

15 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

I mean - it's like franchise QBs grow on trees, right?  The Chiefs drafted one in the past half century.  How dare Elway struggle to find his QBotF when there are so many floating around out there.  You'll see Drew Lock after the bye week at some point, if his thumb is in fact healed.  

It's less about him being unable to find another true franchise QB because a lot of teams struggle with that. It's more about the reality he's been absolutely miserable at finding even solid QBs. Just miss after miss and now he's doing things like trading draft picks for Flacco which is just a mind boggling stupid. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

It's less about him being unable to find another true franchise QB because a lot of teams struggle with that. It's more about the reality he's been absolutely miserable at finding even solid QBs. Just miss after miss and now he's doing things like trading draft picks for Flacco which is just a mind boggling stupid. 

He brought in Keenum, who is a decent QB.  He attempted to bring in Cousins but was shut down by his boss, and Cousins is a solid QB.  Other than that, there just aren't that many decent starting QBs out there.  The Texans paid a shit ton of money for Osweiler, outbidding Denver to keep him, and he ended up sucking, so you could say that Elway was smart for not overpaying to keep him.

What good would a Tannehill type QB do Denver?  It would just be more mediocrity.  I have no problem with Elway gambling on QBs, because settling for an average QB in a pass-happy NFL doesn't make much sense.  Elway will eventually find a QB.

My main problem with Elway are his coaching hires.  I realize he was blindsided by Kubiak retiring due to health reasons, but Vance Joseph and now Vic Fangio were stupid hires.  Elway seems enamored with defensive HCs but all of his success in the NFL came under an offensive HC - Mike Shanahan.  I would like to see him bring in an offensive guru from college and hire a solid DC like Denver ALREADY had with Wade Phillips.

15 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

He brought in Keenum, who is a decent QB.  He attempted to bring in Cousins but was shut down by his boss, and Cousins is a solid QB.  Other than that, there just aren't that many decent starting QBs out there.  The Texans paid a shit ton of money for Osweiler, outbidding Denver to keep him, and he ended up sucking, so you could say that Elway was smart for not overpaying to keep him.

What good would a Tannehill type QB do Denver?  It would just be more mediocrity.  I have no problem with Elway gambling on QBs, because settling for an average QB in a pass-happy NFL doesn't make much sense.  Elway will eventually find a QB.

My main problem with Elway are his coaching hires.  I realize he was blindsided by Kubiak retiring due to health reasons, but Vance Joseph and now Vic Fangio were stupid hires.  Elway seems enamored with defensive HCs but all of his success in the NFL came under an offensive HC - Mike Shanahan.  I would like to see him bring in an offensive guru from college and hire a solid DC like Denver ALREADY had with Wade Phillips.

Keenum, Flacco, Siemian, and Osweiler are great examples of awful pickups by Elway. Three finished their tenures in Denver in the bottom ten of the league in passer rating, TD%, YPA and Flacco is well on his way to being the 4th in a row. Drafting Tim Tebow in the first round. Are you freaking kidding me? And then a complete disaster with Paxton Lynch. There probably has not been a worse job of evaluating QB done by any GM in the league over his tenure. And from a Stanford grad and HOF QB that is just incredible to me. I mean its like he's now taken the old Chiefs QB plan of trading for other teams castoffs, but even there he can't do it right. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Keenum, Flacco, Siemian, and Osweiler are great examples of awful pickups by Elway. Three finished their tenures in Denver in the bottom ten of the league in passer rating, TD%, YPA and Flacco is well on his way to being the 4th in a row. Drafting Tim Tebow in the first round. Are you freaking kidding me? And then a complete disaster with Paxton Lynch. There probably has not been a worse job of evaluating QB done by any GM in the league over his tenure. And from a Stanford grad and HOF QB that is just incredible to me. I mean its like he's now taken the old Chiefs QB plan of trading for other teams castoffs, but even there he can't do it right. 

You're showing bias and ignorance here bruh.  Elway didn't draft Tebow, Josh McDaniels did.  Keenum did not suck.  He is a DECENT starting QB, one of the most reliable starting free agent QBs on the market.  Osweiler was drafted to backup Peyton Manning and potentially start after, he didn't develop, but he wasn't completely afwul.  Trevor Siemian was never supposed to start, he was a 7th round draft pick who would be a good backup QB for any team, in fact, he suffered a catastrophic leg injury this season being a good backup for the J-E-T-S.  Flacco has won a Super Bowl.

The only QB on that list that truly sucked was Paxton Lynch, but he was also a coveted 1st round QB option for a lot of teams - not just Denver.  Jerry Jones was going to draft him over Dak Prescott if Elway didn't.  Again, if Elway had his way, Kirk Cousins would be starting for the Denver Broncos right now, and that would have been fine by me.

25 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

You're showing bias and ignorance here bruh.  Elway didn't draft Tebow, Josh McDaniels did.  Keenum did not suck.  He is a DECENT starting QB, one of the most reliable starting free agent QBs on the market.  Osweiler was drafted to backup Peyton Manning and potentially start after, he didn't develop, but he wasn't completely afwul.  Trevor Siemian was never supposed to start, he was a 7th round draft pick who would be a good backup QB for any team, in fact, he suffered a catastrophic leg injury this season being a good backup for the J-E-T-S.  Flacco has won a Super Bowl.

The only QB on that list that truly sucked was Paxton Lynch, but he was also a coveted 1st round QB option for a lot of teams - not just Denver.  Jerry Jones was going to draft him over Dak Prescott if Elway didn't.  Again, if Elway had his way, Kirk Cousins would be starting for the Denver Broncos right now, and that would have been fine by me.

My bad. His resume at evaluating QBs is bad enough without tagging him with Tebow too. But he acquired or drafted every other QB I mentioned including Paxton Lynch who has been one of the worst 1st round QB picks ever! Keenum...YPA 29th, Passer rating 29th, Total QBR 29th, TD% 31st.  I mean you are to the point you are defending clearly below average players. It's been great for the Chiefs so I hope he keeps his job forever. 

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

My bad. His resume at evaluating QBs is bad enough without tagging him with Tebow too. But he acquired or drafted every other QB I mentioned including Paxton Lynch who has been one of the worst 1st round QB picks ever! Keenum...YPA 29th, Passer rating 29th, Total QBR 29th, TD% 31st.  I mean you are to the point you are defending clearly below average players. It's been great for the Chiefs so I hope he keeps his job forever. 

I'm not defending anything.  Keenum doesn't suck, he's a decent QB.  He had a really good season with the Vikings and he was average with the Broncos.

Denver drafted Drew Lock, we'll see if he develops or not, from what I saw in preseason, there's a lot of upside to work with.

17 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I'm not defending anything.  Keenum doesn't suck, he's a decent QB.  He had a really good season with the Vikings and he was average with the Broncos.

Denver drafted Drew Lock, we'll see if he develops or not, from what I saw in preseason, there's a lot of upside to work with.

I'd agree that Keenum is better than what he showed in Denver (let's not forget that turnover-free training camp!), I think there have been some deeper problems with the Denver offense than just Elway's QB evaluations.

19 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'd agree that Keenum is better than what he showed in Denver (let's not forget that turnover-free training camp!), I think there have been some deeper problems with the Denver offense than just Elway's QB evaluations.

Cap management, retention of your own players, draft picks, coaches hired and fired etc. All on Elway.  He needs to go but i hope they keep him lol.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Cap management, retention of your own players, draft picks, coaxhea hired and fired etc. All on Elway.  He needs to go but i hope they keep him lol.

I'm definitely not saying Elway is good.  I'm saying the QB stuff gets too much focus and is a little harsh, when there are so many things he could be criticized for.

I hope he's there for another 30 years.

2 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

I thought John Fox was decent, not sure what happened there (some coaching disagreement). I agree that his coaching choices haven't been the greatest outside of Fox & Kubiak. 

2 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Keenum did have a very good season with the Vikes and Lock does have potential. 

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I forgot to mention that the Denver offensive line has sucked for years now, and that's on Elway.

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I thought John Fox was decent, not sure what happened there (some coaching disagreement). I agree that his coaching choices haven't been the greatest outside of Fox & Kubiak. 

Fox was a good but not great coach.  He's good enough to not lose you winnable games, but he isn't great enough to win Super Bowls.  I think when Seattle lit up John Fox's defense in the Super Bowl Elway realized Fox was at his ceiling.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:16 PM, wilkie said:

When we won superboel, Dawson out of even  7 games........History repeats itself itself.     Defense really got to step it up.  But...can be done. 

That implies that Kpassagnon, Okafor, Ogbah and Clark are on the same level as Mays, Brown, Buchannon and Culp... and that Wilson, Hitchens and Ragland are on par with Lynch, Bell and Lanier.

Sorry just not feeling it.