Chiefs @ Donks GDT

28 minutes ago, mex said:

That implies that Kpassagnon, Okafor, Ogbah and Clark are on the same level as Mays, Brown, Buchannon and Culp... and that Wilson, Hitchens and Ragland are on par with Lynch, Bell and Lanier.

Sorry just not feeling it.

Can't compare the era's.

They were tougher mentally but physically they could not match today's players.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Can't compare the era's.

They were tougher mentally but physically they could not match today's players.

that defense was, as compared to the rest of the league, heads and shoulders above this defense as compared to modern defenses

it's not even close

our defense is not top tier

in the SB year the defense was dominant... good enough to keep games close

21 hours ago, mex said:

That implies that Kpassagnon, Okafor, Ogbah and Clark are on the same level as Mays, Brown, Buchannon and Culp... and that Wilson, Hitchens and Ragland are on par with Lynch, Bell and Lanier.

Sorry just not feeling it.

I could be wrong, but not sure Wilkie was implying that (not intentionally). I think he just meant as a whole it can be a similar situation. The 69 Chiefs were clearly a superior defensive team than this current one.

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

I could be wrong, but not sure Wilkie was implying that (not intentionally). I think he just meant as a whole it can be a similar situation. The 69 Chiefs were clearly a superior defensive team than this current one.

And the current Offense is superior to the 69/70 Chiefs and yes I watched both.

2 hours ago, qnet said:

Yeah I agree. I had a lot more typed out about it, but decided to keep my point simple.

Lenny called his own plays.    Garrett was better than McCoy.   Otis T not as good as Tyreek.  Livingston was our 3rd not 2nd QB as we lost Jackie Lee soon after Dawson went down.   But oh my what an offensive line that was.  And Mex is right about our defensive allstars.    We need to win two of the next four then we get a BYE and hope Mahomes is ready.    Going to be hard but can be done.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Without Mahomes the Chiefs are a 4-12 team.

No...We can win this game without P Hamper

A little off topic but AFC...wide open. AFC West in absolute shambles 9-7 wins the division. Houston curled back into their wimpy shell today. Indi is solid. Baltimore look legit after that Peters trade. NE will finally play a legit NFL QB this season tomorrow. Great for them. Let's see how that turns out. NE play 3 teams coming off Byes in the next few weeks, Clev, @ Balt , at Philli. We'll see who they really are.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, mex said:

that defense was, as compared to the rest of the league, heads and shoulders above this defense as compared to modern defenses

it's not even close

our defense is not top tier

in the SB year the defense was dominant... good enough to keep games close

That defense would be impossible these days. 

FIVE hall of famers on the field at the same time (Bell, Buchanan, Robinson, Thomas, Lanier), and several other players who were of the same calibre (Mays, Culp, Brown, Lynch).

No modern defense is even remotely comparable.