Mahomes injury

I know this is hindsight thinking, but I freaking hate that we could’ve lost him for the year on a stupid quarterback sneak in a game that we should win even if McCoy got stuffed. Not that it would ever be worth losing in any game, or on any play, or they could be injured worse later in the game, but I just want to reduce the number of times my quarterback is hit. Stupid shit waste of a play. I don’t like quarterback sneaks because it guarantees that he gets hit and that’s not hindsight. You could’ve asked me that yesterday.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/video-patrick-mahomes-out-with-knee-injury-after-qb-sneak-01dqe6ptpsh7

Well dang I’m sure it hurt but pointing to his knee and it meaning he has allay Thompson’s injury is drawing a huge conclusion.  They are separate injures and while you can play with a damaged knee it has to be a good sign he seemed to walk with less pain the more he walked.  Okay Thompson could barely get up the court after his free throws.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

I know he's a tough guy and could probably want to come back as soon as possible but we should definitely not risk it in the long term. Let him sit out until he is 100%.

Agreed. He's at the beginning of a long career. If the worst case scenario plays out and it's a serious injury, 2019 may need to be sacrificed so he can play for the next 10 or 12 years.

2 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Agreed. He's at the beginning of a long career. If the worst case scenario plays out and it's a serious injury, 2019 may need to be sacrificed so he can play for the next 10 or 12 years.

Definitely we are still a work in progress and cannot take big risks in the future with the guy that will literally be the franchise until at least 2030.

The silver lining is I think we can be competitive with Moore in the lineup. Andy Reid is smart and has experience working with Alex Smith who Matt Moore is similar to. Mahomes can get the ankle healthy, we should get Fisher band Watkins back. We have enough weapons that our offense still should be pretty good.Perhaps Chris Jones. The Defense appears to have found itself and we are still in pretty good shape , record wise.  This could really be what the team needed to step up and become a complete team.