Mahomes injury

A couple of good things that will come out of this. He will finally rest the ankle that he wouldn't do before the injury. Andy will have to go back to actually game planning vs throwing a plan together and letting Mahomes adlib. The D knows they will have to step up more now knowing that Mahomes is there to pick the team up.

I too would love to Mahomes on the field but it's time for the team to pick him up and I for one believe they will. 

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

A couple of good things that will come out of this. He will finally rest the ankle that he wouldn't do before the injury. Andy will have to go back to actually game planning vs throwing a plan together and letting Mahomes adlib. The D knows they will have to step up more now knowing that Mahomes is there to pick the team up.

I too would love to Mahomes on the field but it's time for the team to pick him up and I for one believe they will. 

Yes! While I hate sooo many things about Reid, one thing I do have faith in is his ability to generate/coach up an offense. He has proven that he can do that his whole career. Now, he's got to lean on his expensive defense, and cautiously walk Matt Moore thru the jungle at least the next 4 weeks.

I think he can do it! Go Chiefs!

Not sure if it’s apples to apples here but a girl on my daughters high school volleyball team has a recurring problem with a dislocated kneecap. It’s awful when you look at it and clearly extremely painful for her.  She has however never needed surgery and usually can play again anywhere from a few days to a month later.  And that’s with a professional trainer giving her advice.  Maybe??  All about the MRI and those ligaments 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yes! While I hate sooo many things about Reid, one thing I do have faith in is his ability to generate/coach up an offense. He has proven that he can do that his whole career. Now, he's got to lean on his expensive defense, and cautiously walk Matt Moore thru the jungle at least the next 4 weeks.

I think he can do it! Go Chiefs!

The Chiefs have the third cheapest defense in the NFL by the way. Most of the top ten is spending 30 plus million more on that side of the ball.  

54 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Question is: Was this the same leg that he had the ankle injury? If so, his ankle could have been hampering his knee and he had been putting a lot of tension on it to compensate.

Opposite...but increasing load onto his right leg may have contributed to it. Then again, if you look at Mahomes' legs...he does have slight knee valgus bilaterally which increases tension to his MCL and MPFL. 

From what I have read/heard is that Once this happens your now at like a 50% greater chance of it happening again because those ligaments are stretched.  Sounds like some kind of minor surgery will 100% need to happen to fix this long term.  If it happens again he could risk cartilage damage and major long term issues...which we do not want!  Some doctor said this is like a 10-15% chance.

My thought would be to have him wear some kind of brace that WILL NOT allow his knee to come out of place.  There has to be some kind of brace that does this right?  I mean hell a cage around his knee would fix this.

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

From what I have read/heard is that Once this happens your now at like a 50% greater chance of it happening again because those ligaments are stretched.  Sounds like some kind of minor surgery will 100% need to happen to fix this long term.  If it happens again he could risk cartilage damage and major long term issues...which we do not want!  Some doctor said this is like a 10-15% chance.

My thought would be to have him wear some kind of brace that WILL NOT allow his knee to come out of place.  There has to be some kind of brace that does this right?  I mean hell a cage around his knee would fix this.

There are braces designed to keep the kneecap tracking correctly. Also, a PT method is the use of McConnell tape.

Arrowhead Addict:

Patrick Mahomes injury update: Chiefs quarterback out for a ‘brief absence’

The MRI results are back and Kansas City Chiefs starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes is expected out for a “brief absence” with a knee injury.

The Kansas City Chiefs have finally received word on the biggest injury update in a long time with word that starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes is expected to only have a “brief absence,” per Ian Rapoport, due to a knee injury.

The Chiefs lost Mahomes in the second quarter of the team’s Thursday Night Football game in Denver to open Week 7. Mahomes was trying to convert a short fourth down situation near the goal line, and on a called quarterback sneak, Mahomes was unable to get back up from the pile of players involved.

It was soon discovered that Mahomes’ kneecap had been dislocated. He was quickly taken to the locker room and the team declared him out for the game shortly thereafter. Matt Moore then entered the game as the team’s new starter in the wake of Mahomes’ injury.

From there, Moore is likely to be the starter until Mahomes is ready and able to come back. The Chiefs have a nice 10-day rest period after playing on a short week, which should help the rest of the team heal up as well—especially as the Chiefs are waiting on the likes of defensive lineman Chris Jones, wide receiver Sammy Watkins, and left tackle Eric Fisher to return from injury.

If Mahomes is out for a minimum time frame, he could come back for one or more important games before the team’s bye. The Chiefs now rest up before starting their practice week to face the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football at Arrowhead Stadium on October 27. From there they face the Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans and finally the L.A. Chargers before heading into a bye week in late November.

Chiefs QB Chad Henne (ankle) is "getting close" to a return.

With Patrick Mahomes (dislocated kneecap) expected to miss around three games, the Chiefs are weighing their options at quarterback. Henne is definitely one if he can get cleared soon, but current backup QB Matt Moore will likely get the first shot at starts after filling in for Mahomes after his injury on Thursday Night Football.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Not sure if it’s apples to apples here but a girl on my daughters high school volleyball team has a recurring problem with a dislocated kneecap. It’s awful when you look at it and clearly extremely painful for her.  She has however never needed surgery and usually can play again anywhere from a few days to a month later.  And that’s with a professional trainer giving her advice.  Maybe??  All about the MRI and those ligaments 

Even with a professional trainer, Mahomes will have better resources at his disposal. I would avoid surgery if not necessary just because of the stupid infections risk. Some places are worse than others.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I was thinking of the positive as well.  I feel like the rest of the team was using PM2 as a crutch.  In other words, they knew they could slack off, be undisciplined, etc b/c we always had PM2 to bail us out.

It appears the scenario I outline above made them become complacent & lazy.  For the next few games the other parts of the team, aside from our all world QB, need to be pulling their weight, giving it 100%, and remaining focused.