Mahomes injury

33 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs QB Chad Henne (ankle) is "getting close" to a return.

With Patrick Mahomes (dislocated kneecap) expected to miss around three games, the Chiefs are weighing their options at quarterback. Henne is definitely one if he can get cleared soon, but current backup QB Matt Moore will likely get the first shot at starts after filling in for Mahomes after his injury on Thursday Night Football.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

I think Matt Moore may be serviceable... he came in rusty, but made a few good throws to Hill, Kelce, etc.

Does anyone know when we get Eric Fisher back?  

48 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Even with a professional trainer, Mahomes will have better resources at his disposal. I would avoid surgery if not necessary just because of the stupid infections risk. Some places are worse than others.

What they tell her is that surgery won't help anything. The ligaments are stretched not torn. As such rehabbing it to strengthen joints around the knee are what she's supposed to do. According to her Dad she half asses her rehab though and maybe that's why it keeps happening. But I'm guessing this may be something he will now have to deal with from time to time. But it does sound awfully similar. 

58 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs QB Chad Henne (ankle) is "getting close" to a return.

With Patrick Mahomes (dislocated kneecap) expected to miss around three games, the Chiefs are weighing their options at quarterback. Henne is definitely one if he can get cleared soon, but current backup QB Matt Moore will likely get the first shot at starts after filling in for Mahomes after his injury on Thursday Night Football.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

I thought Henne had to be getting close. We are still going to have to sign some QB though. 

20 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Wouldn’t have been the coolest thing ever had LDT put the kneecap back in place himself!

Between 2007-2017 quarterback sneaks inside the 20-yard lines converted at an 87.5 percent rate, according to Pro Football Focus. Running back carries converted just 68.7 percent of the time. Analytically inclined analysts have complained for years that teams don’t use the sneak enough.

Had Mahomes not been hurt and the Chiefs scored a TD to end the drive people would have been saying it was a great play. Of course none of them would admit it but you all have read post in here as well as articles from sports writers/talking heads and you know how they react.

Next NFL rule, QB sneaks are banned. One year test.

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Between 2007-2017 quarterback sneaks inside the 20-yard lines converted at an 87.5 percent rate, according to Pro Football Focus. Running back carries converted just 68.7 percent of the time. Analytically inclined analysts have complained for years that teams don’t use the sneak enough.

Had Mahomes not been hurt and the Chiefs scored a TD to end the drive people would have been saying it was a great play. Of course none of them would admit it but you all have read post in here as well as articles from sports writers/talking heads and you know how they react.

Next NFL rule, QB sneaks are banned. One year test.

Speaking of percentages & accusations that it was a dangerous play call for PM2 .... I don’t know if I have ever even heard of a QB getting injured on a QB sneak.  Have you?

22 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Speaking of percentages & accusations that it was a dangerous play call for PM2 .... I don’t know if I have ever even heard of a QB getting injured on a QB sneak.  Have you?

A couple in the past but very few and if I remember right their injury was concussions not damage to the legs or arms.

I believe Savage from Houston was the last one. What makes me laugh is some of the people damning the play have said in the past, why didn't they sneak it, all they needed was a yard. FYI, QBs are hurt more scrambling to  keep plays alive or going for a first down more than on QB sneaks.