How did the Defense do it?

Most (including mice elf) thought Lindsay & Freeman would run all over us. Stopping them early was huge. The tackling was much better. DBs came up, Honey Badger was running them down from the backside. On screens & short passes DBs quickly tackled with minimum yardage. Blitzing LBs were all over the place. Got to give Spags credit with the game plan but I think the players just gutted up after everybody questioned their heart 

20 minutes ago, xen said:

Helps to play shitty teams

True enough but Detroit's run game was pretty anemic and their back ran all over the D. Denver's 1-2 punch is better in my opinion. Sacking a statue like Flacco isn't a surprise. But shutting down the run? I didn't see that coming at all.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

"Really bad" doesn't begin to adequately convey how bad Denver's offense actually is.  

I know, and that really sucks for you.  Chiefs fans have been subject to some pretty putrid offense at times over the past 25 years, and I know how much that can suck the enjoyment from the game.  

6 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

This wasn't the same team that played at Arrowhead. Somebody lit a fire under this defense.

Definitely. Some might say it was just a bad Denver offense, but they'd be wrong. The D played lights out with an intensity and fire I haven't seen in years.

17 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Strange. Hitchens led the team in tackles, sacks and forced fumbled and doesn’t get a mention. Just odd after he gets so beat up on here. Him and Williams are pretty solid players.

This performance is simply what the Chiefs paid him for but unfortunately it has been the exception rather than the norm. Hopefully he continues like this because the guy we have watched until now doesn't really deserve a roster spot. 

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

This.  Denver's offense is bad.  Really bad.  

But not the rushing attack which is what we were worried about.  They ran all over the Chargers and Titans the two weeks prior for wins.  I honestly thought our defense just finally attacked instead of playing conservative which is what we looked the last few weeks.  I also think it helps when we play away from our fabled Arrowhead....