How did the Defense do it?

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

This performance is simply what the Chiefs paid him for but unfortunately it has been the exception rather than the norm. Hopefully he continues like this because the guy we have watched until now doesn't really deserve a roster spot. 

as well as the other 10..well maybe 9

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

This performance is simply what the Chiefs paid him for but unfortunately it has been the exception rather than the norm. Hopefully he continues like this because the guy we have watched until now doesn't really deserve a roster spot. 

He led the LBs in tackles in until he got hurt and now he led them again. So your position is to cut your most productive LB. interesting strategy.

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

He led the LBs in tackles in until he got hurt and now he led them again. So your position is to cut your most productive LB. interesting strategy.

Rather save the money we were wasting on him, hopefully he earns that paycheck from now on. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Rather save the money we were wasting on him, hopefully he earns that paycheck from now on. 

I can agree with that. He has not lived up to his contact. But neither has Sammy or Clark, but cutting him does not make us a better team.

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

This.  Denver's offense is bad.  Really bad.  

That didn't stop bad offenses in the past from moving the ball and scoring at will.

The Broncos suck, but this was still a big step in the right direction for the Chiefs defense.

We took it to the Broncos and were aggressive. We could be catching the Packers at a good time. Their receiving corps is decimated. Now we just have to play like this consistently. Hopefully the Raiders can play a real physical game with the Packers and doing them up a little more, while still finding a way to lose the game.

1 minute ago, bamaroyal said:

I do think that was the best performance by both Hitchens and Ragland since they became Chiefs...

They actually seemed competent!

I thought the D would shit the bed last night, but they played much better than I expected...

Lol..No SHIT!

I had nightmares of Phillip Lindsey and Freeman running all over us..All night!

Didn't happen. I actually say Nnadi and Saunders doing their freaking jobs and keeping Rags and Hitchens clean to make tackles. The DB's were making tackles and Fenton looked really good.

Let's hope they figured it out, and keep bringing it.

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think the sacks and pass rush was an illusion, Denver has a horrible line and Flacco has zero pocket presence.  However, we did stop the run which we've not done even when we knew it was coming. I hope the run defense is at least real.

Well, Like I always tell kids.....WE GON SEE!

We play the packers next, and they have Legit running game...

Thursday games are weird animals. Lets see the defense again against Rodgers when we don’t have Mahomes. Could be that Denver is both bad on offense with a bad line and tired.

I would also suggest though that we’ve played some of the best offensive lines in football recently.

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

Darron Lee only got 2 snaps last night.  Ragland got 25.  

Treating players like high schoolers and yelling and screaming at them won't work with a lot of these millionaire players. The most motivating things you can often do is benching or cutting someone and making an example out of them. Lee missed easy tackles in that Texans game. Good for Spags for responding appropriately. I'd actually consider releasing him. 

Blitzing the LBers worked well against the statue Flacco. All that blitzing exposes DBs. I'm sure with our CBs A A Ron is looking forward to the blitz. Although it was a good scheme vs Flacco, not sure how well that would work with GB. I hope the Chiefs D brings the same intensity and tackling ability as last night. Defense is an attitude and if they can make a few stops early, who knows.

8 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Blitzing the LBers worked well against the statue Flacco. All that blitzing exposes DBs. I'm sure with our CBs A A Ron is looking forward to the blitz. Although it was a good scheme vs Flacco, not sure how well that would work with GB. I hope the Chiefs D brings the same intensity and tackling ability as last night. Defense is an attitude and if they can make a few stops early, who knows.

Rather see them stop the run and take a chance with passes than see a team getting 6 ypc and killing the clock all game.

7 hours ago, artsy said:

Lol..No SHIT!

I had nightmares of Phillip Lindsey and Freeman running all over us..All night!

Didn't happen. I actually say Nnadi and Saunders doing their freaking jobs and keeping Rags and Hitchens clean to make tackles. The DB's were making tackles and Fenton looked really good.

Let's hope they figured it out, and keep bringing it.

Yes. Good D line play makes a huge difference for the LBs.

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I only watched about half the game. But it looked like we swarmed the football and finished plays we haven't been all season. Spags blitz packages can be entertaining.  

Dude they were blowing run plays up in the backfield. Shit we havent seen since DJ was here. I think they all played with a chip on their shoulder, and Spags completely cut them loose. Its exciting to see what this group of players can do when they are in attack mode.

Denver's offensive line and QB are awful, but we would have made it's hard night for any offense the way we were playing. 

It's the first time I've seen a DC make those kind of adjustments from 1 game to the next in a long time here. 

They wont be able to do that against GB. They have a good line and a HOF QB. But the aggressive playcalling...needs to be there every week going forward.

one big point, that I saw was the DB's suddenly learned to tackle.... Claiborne seems to have helped tremendously on that front.   

The Dline did there job, after the first denver series.. the defense kinda said no more.  

they completely stopped denvers run game, guys where covered for the most part.. and people worked together on D, for the first time this season.

people where containing, and maintaining there gaps, and just beating the crap out of the guys in front of them...  looked to me they where playing loose and mean.

That is sustainable.. 

will we have 9 sacks and a gadzillion qb pressures every game, prlly not.. but the better tackling, faster play with attitude that is sustainable.

RG

37 minutes ago, robgar said:

one big point, that I saw was the DB's suddenly learned to tackle.... Claiborne seems to have helped tremendously on that front.   

The Dline did there job, after the first denver series.. the defense kinda said no more.  

they completely stopped denvers run game, guys where covered for the most part.. and people worked together on D, for the first time this season.

people where containing, and maintaining there gaps, and just beating the crap out of the guys in front of them...  looked to me they where playing loose and mean.

That is sustainable.. 

will we have 9 sacks and a gadzillion qb pressures every game, prlly not.. but the better tackling, faster play with attitude that is sustainable.

RG

I would say the defense did their job for the first series too. Twice we had them stopped on 3rd down but dumb ass penalties kept it going.