If Mahomes is out for a long time or the season...

6 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Matt Moore isn't terrible.  He's entirely average, which is fine for a backup QB.  9-7 might win the AFC West, that's doable with Moore.  

I still think he is a piece of shit but he could pull off a decent season IF the Oline toughens up and the defense plays like they did last night for the rest of the season

1 minute ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I still think he is a piece of shit but he could pull off a decent season IF the Oline toughens up and the defense plays like they did last night for the rest of the season

He throws a good ball. He looked really good when he had people around him.

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Moore looked like a conservative AS when he entered but seemed to loosen up. I think if he gets some reps with the ones he'll be a decent filler. He has a lot of talent to help unlike when he was in MIA.

^^^

This! Others need to adjust and step up their game from Reid designing a game plan that fits Moore's abilities, playmakers gotta be focused on routes. Defense needs to bring that attitude. I believe Mahomes will be back after the bye. If Moore can go 2-2 in that stretch that would be pretty solid.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

This is nonsense. You don't tank no matter what. You want to lose the respect of your players and most logical fans? If you tank with a good team that's exactly what you do. How would you feel if your boss started losing money on purpose just so they could go bankrupt?

Tanking with this team is one of the stupidest things I've heard in the last 24 hours. Anyone thinking that, should be ashamed of themselves and become a Brownie or Dolphin fan.

And people comparing their daily job to the NFL is the stupidest thing I've heard in the last 24 hours.  Why do people do that

IF Pat is out for the season can you honestly say we have a chance at winning the super bowl?  Super Bowl is the only goal for this team...PERIOD!

I'm not saying put Sherman in as our QB or anything...Just don't go all out, trading picks players for a better QB and such.  I say go with what we have and seriously look into trading Chris Jones away for draft picks only!  Before Pats injury I was all about trading our picks away to upgrade OL and D but now I say we sell Jones and wait for 2010!

1 minute ago, Balto said:

And people comparing their daily job to the NFL is the stupidest thing I've heard in the last 24 hours.  Why do people do that

IF Pat is out for the season can you honestly say we have a chance at winning the super bowl?  Super Bowl is the only goal for this team...PERIOD!

I'm not saying put Sherman in as our QB or anything...Just don't go all out, trading picks players for a better QB and such.  I say go with what we have and seriously look into trading Chris Jones away for draft picks only!  Before Pats injury I was all about trading our picks away to upgrade OL and D but now I say we sell Jones and wait for 2010!

People are people and look at their job the same way, or should, with pride. I don't care if you're a burger flipper or MVP, you should do your best because it's your damn job. Maybe you slack

The SB is the ultimate goal but getting better with every game is the way you get to that goal. By tanking you're giving your players the ok tp slack off.

19 minutes ago, Balto said:

I would say the only goal right now is beating the Packers. Then beating the Vikings. Super Bowl would be great but there are a lot of good times between now and then.

putting a clown suit on the Chargers you are supposed to beat us every year. Reminding Gruden that things have changed since he was here last. Embarrassing Elway.  Oh my, good times.

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

This team is too talented, whether they show it or not, and the coaching  staff is to good to lose every game in Mahomes absence. They will be fine, win the AFC West and go into the playoffs healthy. 

I'm sure when Drew Brees went down, Saints fans didn't expect to be 5-1.  And Colts fans didn't expect to go 3-2 without Luck. 

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm sure when Drew Brees went down, Saints fans didn't expect to be 5-1.  And Colts fans didn't expect to go 3-2 without Luck. 

No, but they at least they have a solid defense to lean on.  If the Chiefs' defensive improvement against Denver is a sign of change, then we should be ok. 

If it was just a fluke or whatever, then we are probably screwed. 

IMO, we're going to have a hard time scoring even 20 points a game so we are going to need the defense to get better and fast.

I will say though, it would be just like the Chiefs to get the defense playing lights out the minute Mahomes gets hurt lol

But, even if that is the case, we would be impossible to beat once he comes back so we could end up being a 10-6/9-7 division winner that no one wants to face in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

No, but they at least they have a solid defense to lean on.  If the Chiefs' defensive improvement against Denver is a sign of change, then we should be ok. 

If it was just a fluke or whatever, then we are probably screwed. 

IMO, we're going to have a hard time scoring even 20 points a game so we are going to need the defense to get better and fast.

I will say though, it would be just like the Chiefs to get the defense playing lights out the minute Mahomes gets hurt lol

But, even if that is the case, we would be impossible to beat once he comes back so we could end up being a 10-6/9-7 division winner that no one wants to face in the playoffs.

Teams tend to step up and rally when they HAVE to. The Chiefs will be fine. If they don't, then they are not a SB caliber team with or without Mahomes. A team that needs their QB to win all their games is not a SB caliber team.

I heard on NFL Network, by a defensive player (not a Chief), the other day that the D should be able to win at least 2 to 3 games on their own. They have one under their belt. 

Still like to feel out a trade for Rosen. I imagine we use a 5th rounder next year for a developmental QB regardless as its good business. If Miami will take that it's a win win as I think Reid gets the best out of him and can trade him for a 2nd in a couple years. Nothing but upside 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Still like to feel out a trade for Rosen. I imagine we use a 5th rounder next year for a developmental QB regardless as its good business. If Miami will take that it's a win win as I think Reid gets the best out of him and can trade him for a 2nd in a couple years. Nothing but upside 

When would he play? It would take him a couple weeks to get up to speed. So he starts 3 games and we flip him for a 2? If they were gonna make a trade for a QB I think it's more likely that theyd target Fitzpatrick. A vet who can win a few games. Taking on a developmental project in the middle of the race for a division title seems very unlikely to me.

23 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Of course they aren’t down to QB3 who got picked up right before the season started either. I would’ve been pretty confident we would have been fine with Henne. Just gotta hope Moore is a fast learner. 

26 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

I've been this on different social media outlets, we won't bring in a QB unless they played for Reid or are familiar with his offense...i.e., a QB from the Eagles or Bears. Reid's playbook is complicated. No QB will come right in and play for. Reid will roll with Moore unless he gets injured

Moore isn’t from this system is he? I think he would have considered a late rounder for Mariota if Mahomes was out for the season and Henne not able to come back. It’s slim Pickens out there and not enough Andy system guys out there to be picky. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Moore isn’t from this system is he? I think he would have considered a late rounder for Mariota if Mahomes was out for the season and Henne not able to come back. It’s slim Pickens out there and not enough Andy system guys out there to be picky. 

No he's not, but Moore's been here and knows more of the playbook than any QB that's not name Litton, Shurmur or Henne. Unless Reid goes straight up college RPO concepts, than Mariota would make sense

2 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

No he's not, but Moore's been here and knows more of the playbook than any QB that's not name Litton, Shurmur or Henne. Unless Reid goes straight up college RPO concepts, than Mariota would make sense

Again with Mahomes and Henne both likely coming back there’s just no need to do anything. I think Andy could turn Mariota into Alex Smith pretty easily.  

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Patrick Mahomes could return from his dislocated kneecap within three weeks, though the Kansas City Chiefs plan to exercise extreme caution with their franchise quarterback, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

100% healthy on knee and let that ankle rest too.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Patrick Mahomes could return from his dislocated kneecap within three weeks, though the Kansas City Chiefs plan to exercise extreme caution with their franchise quarterback, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I'm glad to see this.  I think I said it earlier but the next 12+ seasons are more important than this season if need be, let him take his tame and make 100% sure he is 100% ready to go.

I'm not scared if this season goes for the worse.  The worst case scenario for me is rushing Mahomes back and having another injury occur.  I'd rather go 5-11 instead of trying to get him back to save an 8-8 season.

The Chiefs currently are expected to stand pat at quarterback, making Matt Moore the starter and promoting Kyle Shurmur (son of Giants coach Pat Shurmur) from the practice squad for next Sunday night’s game against the Packers. Kyle Shurmur gets the nod as opposed to a free agent because Shurmur knows the system.

Then there’s Chad Henne. He’s eligible to return after Week Eight. So it could be Moore versus the Packers and then Moore or Henne against the Vikings.

Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2019, 10:45 AM EDT

What would the record be in the final 9 games if Andy had to start Shurmur the rest of the season?  I think he could pull 4 wins to get to 9-7.  Most of those would probably be division wins so I think we would still sneak into the playoffs.  We'll be fine.