Special Teams

ST used to be a strength of this team and now it's become a total liability. Every single punt or KR that comes out of the end zone results in a hold, something has got to give. 

I think Taub has realized he is no longer a viable option as a HC candidate at his age and has quit and is going through the motions to collect a check at this point. 

Or maybe it's the players?  Regardless, DAT needs to go.  I'd rather see Hardman back there. 

Right now our DVOA special teams ranking is 19th. We haven't been outside the top ten since Toub got here and have been top 4 the last four years. So something is going on. We did come close to breaking one yesterday. History would suggest we will see much improved play from this group going forward. But I'd love to know why Toub thinks they aren't performing at the level he normally expects. I guess lack of motivation on his part is possible, but I doubt it. 

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Toub has been a beast until the last couple years. At this point you have to question the mental competency of someone who views dat as an essential piece of his special teams unit. Seems like toub always gets one roster spot for his choosing, and using it on dat is stupidity 

But he's the toughest guy pound 💷 for pound 💷 on the team remember? If Marcus Kemp doesn't get hurt DAT never comes back.