Pennell signed

Had a very impressive PFF grade with the Jets last year.  Big body that can hold up two linemen and really clog the middle if he’s healthy.  Not sure why he got cut from NE and nobody picked him up with those numbers?

2018 with NYJ • 358 snaps • 87.1 Overall • 87.0 Run Defense • 74.5 Pass Rush • 4 games of 85+

Dude was a stud in NY. Loooooooooooooooovvvvvveeeeee this signing Mikey! If we had stuck with the 3-4 he would have been one of my top choices as our nose. Really good athlete.

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Had a very impressive PFF grade with the Jets last year.  Big body that can hold up two linemen and really clog the middle if he’s healthy.  Not sure why he got cut from NE and nobody picked him up with those numbers?

2018 with NYJ • 358 snaps • 87.1 Overall • 87.0 Run Defense • 74.5 Pass Rush • 4 games of 85+

Wonder why they signed McClain in the first place to only then cut him a couple weeks later? Why not make this signing from the get go? I know McClain did not do shit in 2 games but man it would have been better to get Pennel going in the first place?

39 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wonder why they signed McClain in the first place to only then cut him a couple weeks later? Why not make this signing from the get go? I know McClain did not do shit in 2 games but man it would have been better to get Pennel going in the first place?

Who knows maybe they thought he could do the job.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't you know, if NE discarded him he must be trash, so I've read and heard.😉

The Pats resigned Danny Shelton who plays the same role so i get it from their end. Just not sure why nobody else signed him. Looks like a terrific fit for us. 

55 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We also worked out former raider 4th round pick justin ellis, also 28. Weighs 335. He had a good 2017 before being hurt last year, would also be good with this signing as well

I would too. Another guy I was super high on when we were in the 3-4 and he hit free agency. Dude is immovable in the run game. I guess in todays passing league these 2 down guys are losing their value.

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I would too. Another guy I was super high on when we were in the 3-4 and he hit free agency. Dude is immovable in the run game. I guess in todays passing league these 2 down guys are losing their value.

I would tend to agree with that statement

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well we need to get to a 3rd and long type plays for our defense to make it a 2 down situation for olayers like this. Teams were killing us running it and making it 3rd and very short and able to run or pass at will in 3rd downs and even going for it on 4th downs a lot.

With mahomes at qb what teams are going to out pass us? Answer none. Therefore the way we lose is to be ran on. This gives the chiefs a competitive advantage in that these “invaluable” 2 down run stuffers are actually valuable for the chiefs, but come at a cheap cost. What’s maddening is this franchise was not taking advantage of this until seemingly now. This is an optimistic sign in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't you know, if NE discarded him he must be trash, so I've read and heard.😉

I read he showed up to their TC embarrassingly out of shape and they cut him becuase of it.