Mahomes back soon?

As weird as it sounds, I’m more concerned about his ankle than his knee. Mahomes ability to elude pressure will keep him healthy more than anything. Whenever he makes it back, I hope his ankle is at least at 90%. I trust Patrick is smart enough to keep himself safe if he can at least move around the pocket.

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

It also lets the rest of the team step up. This will be positive and give the others confidence.

Yes, agreed!

Tedy Bruschi makes a excellent point in the link below IMO. Rex Ryan agreed with him and I think Moss has a very bad take. 

Make sure you click to volume button.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27886412

7 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

As weird as it sounds, I’m more concerned about his ankle than his knee. Mahomes ability to elude pressure will keep him healthy more than anything. Whenever he makes it back, I hope his ankle is at least at 90%. I trust Patrick is smart enough to keep himself safe if he can at least move around the pocket.

Agreed. Reinsured twice. The knee is nothing career wise IMO, that ankle has a target on it and Pats ability to scramble out of pressure and pitch it is a big part of his game.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Take his time for now. Reevaluate in 2 weeks. We have a 2 game lead on Oakland and a 3 game lead on Chargers and Broncos. All we need is to stay atop the AFC west. Sadly, Green Bay and Minnesota look like for sure loses.

Of course didn’t you think Denver was a sure loss too?  I definitely thought they’d run all over us and we’d lose too honestly. Our roster is pretty damn good and it gives us a shot the next two weeks. But both should be favored. 

Greenbay is not Denver.  I hear that Rogers guy is really good. GB likely favored on the road on Sunday Night Football. Worked the Raiders linebackers all day long.  You can watch that film and anticipate the same game plan against KC. Minn , also not Denver, will run all over KC. If KC wins one of these games it would be amazing. Would be tough games to win with Mahomes.

8-8 can win the very weak afc west so not to worry. Get Pat healthy. Bring him back after the bye. NO reason to risk it earlier. 

I don’t have great trust in our medical staff although it would appear their quick action to get kneecap back into place on the field was a big part of why this isn’t a long term thing. Still I’d have them and another source clear him. When they do, whenever that is. Play him.  I think that could be at Tennessee. 

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Of course didn’t you think Denver was a sure loss too?  I definitely thought they’d run all over us and we’d lose too honestly. Our roster is pretty damn good and it gives us a shot the next two weeks. But both should be favored. 

Yes. Short week on road against a team that could run the ball looked like worst case scenario. I don’t know if our guys just finally got motivated or we changed our whole scheme to make Flacco beat us or Denver was more worn out than us, but the defense won the game. If they can repeat that we have a shot to win any game.

17 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Yes. Short week on road against a team that could run the ball looked like worst case scenario. I don’t know if our guys just finally got motivated or we changed our whole scheme to make Flacco beat us or Denver was more worn out than us, but the defense won the game. If they can repeat that we have a shot to win any game.

I think Spags lit a fire under defense and smelled blood in the water with a bad Broncos oline and a QB flat playing scared in my opinion. Loved benching Lee. I’d give him one more shot and then flat release him if he doesn’t respond. 
This is such a different animal though with Rodgers. And the defense doesn’t deserve for us to believe in them. But they did at least flash something tangible for what Spags hopes to become. 

I have a stupid question that I think I know the stupid answer for. But does it matter how many wins we have in the next four or five games on when he comes back? With our division be hard to win if we lost the next four? If we win the next three, do we wait longer? Or do we just have a timeline of 2-3 games regardless and put them back whenever he’s healthy?