Mahomes back soon?

JMO

I read a lot of negative post about Berry, Houston, Ford, Watkins etc and how people were losing their minds on when they would play. If the medical/coaching staff said they were day to day people wanted them traded or dumped. If they were cleared but the player said they weren't ready, people wanted them traded or dumped. I know, I know past history of the player blah, blah, blah.

Of course with Mahomes it's different because he's the "franchise".

My point is, people's point of view tends to be skewed when it comes to Mahomes vs other players. Most in here say wait until December, I say when he is ready and the medical/coaching staff clears him then he plays. If that's against Tenn, the Chargers or the Raiders. 

Since Mahomes took over, we have not lost by more than 7 points in a game; we haven't been blown out.  We are probably due for a blow out loss and unfortunately Green Bay, on Sunday night, without Mahomes seems like a prime time.  I really hope the defense is galvanized by the way they played on Thursday and Andy can create a game plan to play into Moore's strengths. 

43 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

JMO

I read a lot of negative post about Berry, Houston, Ford, Watkins etc and how people were losing their minds on when they would play. If the medical/coaching staff said they were day to day people wanted them traded or dumped. If they were cleared but the player said they weren't ready, people wanted them traded or dumped. I know, I know past history of the player blah, blah, blah.

Of course with Mahomes it's different because he's the "franchise".

My point is, people's point of view tends to be skewed when it comes to Mahomes vs other players. Most in here say wait until December, I say when he is ready and the medical/coaching staff clears him then he plays. If that's against Tenn, the Chargers or the Raiders. 

Agree. I mean I asked the question of whether we should sit him last week with the lingering ankle issues and the woeful offensive line. The correct answer despite the new injury was if he's cleared to play, play him. But likewise we've had some issues in the past with players being misdiagnosed and played before they were ready. With Mahomes I'm making sure that doesn't happen. But if you get several different parties say he's good to go.

Get him out there. I don't care if its 2 weeks or 10 weeks. Maybe the lesson learned here for Veach is we can't have a bottom feeder line out there. The guard play is so marginal that an injury to either tackle sent the entire group spiraling downward. 

Joshua Brisco

@jbbrisco
· 16m
Andy Reid says "it'd be a stretch" for Patrick Mahomes to be able to play against the Packers, but won't rule him out yet

Again I saw a 16 year old girl sustain this injury on a Tuesday in volleyball practice last month and get doctors clearance to play 4 days later.

Our trainers aren't the Golden State Warriors.  They aren't going to rush someone to play, especially when they are the Franchise player on the team.

I've always felt like the training staff was more cautious than most teams.  It always seems that injuries that happen to our guys always take a week or two longer than other players on other teams with the same injury.  If our staff says he's ready, I believe them.

I also am a full believer that players heal at different rates and since none of us are doctors and/or trainers I'm going to value their opinion much more than mine or anyone on here for that matter.  They know that they have a 200 million dollar man on their hands and neither them, the coaches, the GM, or the owner are going to let him out there unless they are ALL in agreement that he's ready and doesn't pose a risk.  This isn't 10-20 years ago where teams shot guys up and hoped for the best.  Too much money at stake.

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Our trainers aren't the Golden State Warriors.  They aren't going to rush someone to play, especially when they are the Franchise player on the team.

I've always felt like the training staff was more cautious than most teams.  It always seems that injuries that happen to our guys always take a week or two longer than other players on other teams with the same injury.  If our staff says he's ready, I believe them.

I also am a full believer that players heal at different rates and since none of us are doctors and/or trainers I'm going to value their opinion much more than mine or anyone on here for that matter.  They know that they have a 200 million dollar man on their hands and neither them, the coaches, the GM, or the owner are going to let him out there unless they are ALL in agreement that he's ready and doesn't pose a risk.  This isn't 10-20 years ago where teams shot guys up and hoped for the best.  Too much money at stake.

Two days after the displacement he wasn't in the ice and rest mode anymore. He was in full fledged all day rehab. They aren't going to throw him out until he's ready. But I think he's going to be ready pretty quickly. 

46 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Good genes that man has. Dad played in the majors for 16 years. Long time to survive as a Pro athlete. And he has fight in him. Hope they can keep him off the field until he is really healthy. Knowing him he will want to play this week.

Yup , some players are more injury proned than others. Everyone's built different. Toughness is about 5% of the equation.

Other than wishing he never got hurt, I really wish the next game was Tennessee and then Minnesota and then the bye and then Green Bay. It would be nice to have a bye week before we play the Packers and I would like Mahomes to get whatever rest he can. It would be better for Tennessee to go first.