4 hours ago, xen said:

Man I almost bought tix to this game just to see Mahomes vs Old Man Mahomes.  Glad I didn't.

Yeah...I bought 4 tickets for the Chiefs-Titans game. Lower lever....8th row. $400 seats but I got them for $150 each. Great deal and was looking forward to seeing Mahomes play live. I'm more than a little disappointed at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Defense could actually play well or at least continue to show improvement and still give up 24 plus points. I'm guessing that where we need this game in the 20s. Our next two opponents are very good teams and I think one of them is going to get the book thrown at them in an attempt to steal one and the other will probably be the worst home loss of the Reid era. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but a 3rd string QB off the streets against Super Bowl contenders is a very tough task. I think Mahomes returns for Tennessee

I hope so...I have some pricey tickets to that game. 🙄

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Yeah...I bought 4 tickets for the Chiefs-Titans game. Lower lever....8th row. $400 seats but I got them for $150 each. Great deal and was looking forward to seeing Mahomes play live. I'm more than a little disappointed at the moment.

My girlfriend bought me tickets to Thursday’s game for my birthday.  I was looking forward to seeing Mahomes play.

I had to wait for her to get home from work. Traffic was terrible, so we got to the parking lot right at kickoff.  When we got into the stadium, she had to use the restroom, and then get something to eat.  We finally found our section.  I stopped to watch the next play on the monitor before walking up to our seats, and … Mahomes gets injured.

So I understand your disappointment.

1 hour ago, Goldbrick said:

My girlfriend bought me tickets to Thursday’s game for my birthday.  I was looking forward to seeing Mahomes play.

I had to wait for her to get home from work. Traffic was terrible, so we got to the parking lot right at kickoff.  When we got into the stadium, she had to use the restroom, and then get something to eat.  We finally found our section.  I stopped to watch the next play on the monitor before walking up to our seats, and … Mahomes gets injured.

So I understand your disappointment.

Oh no, bro that stinks but at least we got the win.  But still not what you had hoped to see.  We live in a Colombia South America and will be home in two years and I’ll be going to see him at least once in person so I hope that doesn’t happen then either.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Oh no, bro that stinks but at least we got the win.  But still not what you had hoped to see.  We live in a Colombia South America and will be home in two years and I’ll be going to see him at least once in person so I hope that doesn’t happen then either.   

Medellín or Bogota? Wanting to see both. Preference?

I am interested to see how Moore plays.  If he shows some degree of accuracy and hit the throws he should  make,  I think we can put up over 30 points if need be.   He never had an offense with this kind of weaponry in Miami.  He has the keys to the Ferrari.  The question is whether he will take an easy ride around the track or will he step on the gas and see what it can do.  Should be interesting.

The Chiefs need to continue to attack team's weaknesses like they did against the Broncos.

Green Bay has issues stopping the run.  They're 25th overall in rushing yards allowed.

With all things considered, the Chiefs need to focus their offense on the run to eat clock and keep their defense fresh and off the field.

The Chiefs have 3 capable running backs to do so with.

On defense, I want to see them stay aggressive and try to bring as much pressure as possible. 

1 hour ago, dksww said:

The Chiefs need to continue to attack team's weaknesses like they did against the Broncos.

Green Bay has issues stopping the run.  They're 25th overall in rushing yards allowed.

With all things considered, the Chiefs need to focus their offense on the run to eat clock and keep their defense fresh and off the field.

On defense, I want to see them stay aggressive and try to bring as much pressure as possible. 

Yes, Basically, the same gameplan others use against the Chiefs. 

4 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am interested to see how Moore plays.  If he shows some degree of accuracy and hit the throws he should  make,  I think we can put up over 30 points if need be.   He never had an offense with this kind of weaponry in Miami.  He has the keys to the Ferrari.  The question is whether he will take an easy ride around the track or will he step on the gas and see what it can do.  Should be interesting.

With Fisher out it exposes an otherwise weak oline. IE: We haven’t had the Ferrari offense since week 1.  It would help a ton if we could actually have Watkins and Hill on the field at the same time. 

1 hour ago, dksww said:

I think Green Bay will stack the box and see if Moore can beat them throwing the ball.

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

With Fisher out it exposes an otherwise weak oline. IE: We haven’t had the Ferrari offense since week 1.  It would help a ton if we could actually have Watkins and Hill on the field at the same time. 

Over/under on Watkins playing 5 more games this year?

16 hours ago, DieHard said:

Medellín or Bogota? Wanting to see both. Preference?

Bogotá.   Haven't been to Medellín yet but heard its beautiful.   Bogotá weather is amazing.  60-75 almost every day with low humidity with the occasional 80 degree mid day heat.  We've only been here a couple months so still getting settled in. If you ever get down this way let me know and we can take you out to dinner and show you around.

A history lesson. In 2002 Donovan McNabb misses 6 gms. Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley, who had NEVER STARTED A GAME, go 5-1 and PHI wins the NFCE. In 2006 McNabb misses 6 gms. 36-year old Jeff Garcia goes 5-1 and PHI win the NFCE. Andy will have this team ready to play. PERIOD.

Well, I'm just hoping for that "Moral" victory...

I don't expect the QB play to be anything special, and our running game has been average.

But, even if the Chiefs lose, I would consider it a big Moral Victory if the defense comes out and plays like they did in Denver.

I just wanna believe soooooo bad, that the defense has finally turned the corner and figured it all out. No matter win or lose, I want to see a defense that comes out and makes plays....All game.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Bogotá.   Haven't been to Medellín yet but heard its beautiful.   Bogotá weather is amazing.  60-75 almost every day with low humidity with the occasional 80 degree mid day heat.  We've only been here a couple months so still getting settled in. If you ever get down this way let me know and we can take you out to dinner and show you around.

That sounds great. Thank you

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

Over/under on Watkins playing 5 more games this year?

I wouldn't put $5 on it either way. He's got a hammy and it seems like he should be very close to returning. It's essentially a contract year for him so I would think he's gonna do whatever it takes to get max production. But this guy lives in his own world. At the very least we just have to hope he's healthy at playoff time like last year when he came up big. We are SO much better when he and Tyreek are both on the field. 

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, I'm just hoping for that "Moral" victory...

I don't expect the QB play to be anything special, and our running game has been average.

But, even if the Chiefs lose, I would consider it a big Moral Victory if the defense comes out and plays like they did in Denver.

I just wanna believe soooooo bad, that the defense has finally turned the corner and figured it all out. No matter win or lose, I want to see a defense that comes out and makes plays....All game.

I don't think there's any way this defense has suddenly figured it out, but we can dream. I think we saw a glimpse of what's possible when they do and hopefully we see more and more of it going forward. But I think we need more speed at LB, another pure coverage guy and a lot of maturation from our DTs to consistently hold up double teams to really make a big jump as a defense. That just doesn't happen overnight. When our offense is healthy, we don't need any more than a mediocre defense and that gives hope to this year. But in the short term we are suddenly asking for the defense to be a catalyst with the MVP out. That seems like a dicey proposition. 

I agree. You can’t say the Defense is fixed. But it is more than playing a crappy opponent. 

Denver is averaging 16 points and we held them to 6.

Averaging 317 yards a game and we held them to 205.

it was a legit performance. I am kind of optimistic about them. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Stacking the box with our speed at WR is a dangerous game!

True but until Moore proves he can make them pay for it teams are going to play very close to the line of scrimmage.  Same way they did with Alex.  Might be for different reasons but the concepts will be the same.   

5 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

True but until Moore proves he can make them pay for it teams are going to play very close to the line of scrimmage.  Same way they did with Alex.  Might be for different reasons but the concepts will be the same. 

I think he showed on the one pass to Hill, he is not afraid to air it out. All teams know when a backup comes it will take a few series to get comfortable but with roughly 8 days to prep I'm sure they won't look at him the same way. 

1st series: run, run, pass, FG

2nd series: pass, run, incomplete, punt

3rd series:  Kneel down / half

4th series: run, incomplete, pass (1st Dn) incomplete, incomplete, pass, punt

5th series: run, pass, incomplete with penalty (1st Dn) pass, pass (1st Dn) pass, incomplete, pass with OPI, incomplete, punt

6th series: pass, pass TD

7th and final series: run, run, run (1st Dn) run, incomplete, incomplete, punt

9 rushing plays, 19 pass plays and a kneel down. He had 3, 3 and 1 in the first half and 6 and 13 in the second half. Oh and this was against the #4 ranked D. GB is a step below KC at #26 D.

Point being, teams understand the difference of coming in cold vs actually preparing for a game. GBs D isn't that good so as long as he doesn't turn the ball over they should be good.