4 hours ago, DieHard said:

I agree. You can’t say the Defense is fixed. But it is more than playing a crappy opponent. 

Denver is averaging 16 points and we held them to 6.

Averaging 317 yards a game and we held them to 205.

it was a legit performance. I am kind of optimistic about them. 

Agree. That was the most dynamic defensive performance I’ve seen from a Chiefs defense since Hali, Houston, Berry and DJ were all playing in their primes. Spags saw something he could exploit and made his players believe they could. 

46 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree. That was the most dynamic defensive performance I’ve seen from a Chiefs defense since Hali, Houston, Berry and DJ were all playing in their primes. Spags saw something he could exploit and made his players believe they could. 

Hopefully they all believe now and know what is expected. Spags has to put them in the same situation and let them attack. Not so aggressive that screens and such kills us but get pressure and dial it up at times to keep them honest and away from the running game. LBs will be huge this game for the middle and for plugging the holes

On 10/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, Goldbrick said:

My girlfriend bought me tickets to Thursday’s game for my birthday.  I was looking forward to seeing Mahomes play.

I had to wait for her to get home from work. Traffic was terrible, so we got to the parking lot right at kickoff.  When we got into the stadium, she had to use the restroom, and then get something to eat.  We finally found our section.  I stopped to watch the next play on the monitor before walking up to our seats, and … Mahomes gets injured.

So I understand your disappointment.

Wow....that had to really bum you. Such a crappy set of circumstances. But hey you got to see the Chiefs beat the crap out of a crummy Broncos team so there's that.

14 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I think he showed on the one pass to Hill, he is not afraid to air it out. All teams know when a backup comes it will take a few series to get comfortable but with roughly 8 days to prep I'm sure they won't look at him the same way. 

1st series: run, run, pass, FG

2nd series: pass, run, incomplete, punt

3rd series:  Kneel down / half

4th series: run, incomplete, pass (1st Dn) incomplete, incomplete, pass, punt

5th series: run, pass, incomplete with penalty (1st Dn) pass, pass (1st Dn) pass, incomplete, pass with OPI, incomplete, punt

6th series: pass, pass TD

7th and final series: run, run, run (1st Dn) run, incomplete, incomplete, punt

9 rushing plays, 19 pass plays and a kneel down. He had 3, 3 and 1 in the first half and 6 and 13 in the second half. Oh and this was against the #4 ranked D. GB is a step below KC at #26 D.

Point being, teams understand the difference of coming in cold vs actually preparing for a game. GBs D isn't that good so as long as he doesn't turn the ball over they should be good.

I was looking at it from the Green Bays perspective.       Moore will take shots but can he hit them with any consistency and will the line give him time to take shots cause while not a  statue he won’t be able to buy time like Pat does either.   If I’m Green Bay I play close to the line of scrimmage and make Matt show he can beat the D over the top   

I know Andy won’t but would love to see them line up in a power I with Sherman and try n establish the run then use play action to take some shots.  

Were dogs at home and not many outside the Chiefs fan base are giving us a chance and even some of our own fans have already put an L in the loss column.   I don’t know how but I think KC wins this game.  

That long pass to Hill i believe was because of the defense going off to get the run game stopped.  They knew he was cold coming in. A guy who had not done much of anything for a couple years etc. If GB goes all in against the run, we need to make them pay with a quick screen and play action. Moore will have had 10 days to prepare with Reid a game plan. They will not respect our passing until we make them pay. Wuick slants, 5 yard hitters all need to keep them honest and get the ball out quickly.

49 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That long pass to Hill i believe was because of the defense going off to get the run game stopped.  They knew he was cold coming in. A guy who had not done much of anything for a couple years etc. If GB goes all in against the run, we need to make them pay with a quick screen and play action. Moore will have had 10 days to prepare with Reid a game plan. They will not respect our passing until we make them pay. Wuick slants, 5 yard hitters all need to keep them honest and get the ball out quickly.

If you are going to line up and put 8 guys in the box and leave Hill, Hardman and hopefully Watkins lined up with no safety help, any QB should make them pay. I just can't see anyone thinking this strategy would work with our weapons. If Watkins plays it will be the first time all season we've actually had our full roster or RBs and WRs available. 

But I guess until Moore proves he can get the ball downfield a little bit, anything is possible. I'd actually open with a few play actions early and get those safeties thinking. No doubt most of our passing game will be the underneath routes and easier reads and throws for Moore. 

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Too many injuries to overcome. Packers 42 Chiefs 13... 

Mahomes, Fisher, Fuller, Jones, Clark, Wylie all out for Sunday. Good to see some be able to LP this week at practice to work toward hopeful return next week. @ArrowheadPride

We expected all of this. The only new one is Clark. Man we need to get healthy!

Just now, kkuenn said:

We expected all of this. The only new one is Clark. Man we need to get healthy!

I saw it's a neck injury for Clark?  I did not see this during or after last week's game.  Any idea what happened?

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

I saw it's a neck injury for Clark?  I did not see this during or after last week's game.  Any idea what happened?

Frank Clark (neck)
This is not good. For some reason, we’ve not yet heard a thing about Clark being injured, let alone that injury being something to do with his neck, until Wednesday. Clark wasn’t simply limited in practice, but he was held out entirely. For a player being paid to be the cornerstone of the defensive front, and a man who just so happened to have his best game so far in Steve Spagnuolo’s system, missing practice is not exactly a great sign. This injury is especially frightening because…

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/24/frank-clark-chris-jones-headline-chiefs-injuries-week-8/

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Frank Clark (neck)
This is not good. For some reason, we’ve not yet heard a thing about Clark being injured, let alone that injury being something to do with his neck, until Wednesday. Clark wasn’t simply limited in practice, but he was held out entirely. For a player being paid to be the cornerstone of the defensive front, and a man who just so happened to have his best game so far in Steve Spagnuolo’s system, missing practice is not exactly a great sign. This injury is especially frightening because…

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/24/frank-clark-chris-jones-headline-chiefs-injuries-week-8/

Chiefs DE Frank Clark (groin) has been ruled out for the team's Week 8 matchup against the Packers.

Clark's absence is terrific news for the entire Packers offense, particularly Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. The Packers have utilized Jones as a legit weapon in the pass game with so many injuries at WR. Overall, he's caught at least four passes in each of the past four games after reaching that threshold in just three of his previous 27 career contests. Williams has also been plenty involved as a receiver, posting 4-32-1 and 4-26-1 receiving lines in Weeks 6 and 7, respectively.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Shit, why don't the Chiefs just forfeit every game until Mahomes gets back?

Exactly. People are approaching this like it's a bye week. EVERY game matters. These guys are paid and paid well to do a job. They are all 1 play from becoming starters.

Primetime at home against a SB contender, with a homefield playoff game still in the picture? Fuck resting. These guys better come out and play like their families being fed depends on it.