Patriots acquire WR Mohamed Sanu from Falcons

KC Warpaint

The patriots are the only people that don't believe their own hype right now.  They know eventually they will start playing real games against real teams and their defense will be exposed.  I think they know that Brady's time is almost done and that they need this to make that last push. 

54 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Pats D is legit

Then you would have to say the Chiefs D is legit as well.

NE has played teams with a combined record of 12-32 or 11-27 if you don't count the Jets twice. The highest ranking offense they have faced was Buffalo at #17 and the final score of that game was 16-10. They have played the number 28, 31, 32 (twice), 29, and 24th ranked offenses in the league. To me, that is not legit unless you want to say KCs D is legit. 

KC has played teams with a combined record of 23-22-1. Opposing Os were ranked 9, 13, 2, 8, 22, 4 and 25. The Chiefs have played four teams in the top 10 on offense.

I know the point you are making but it ticks me off listening to all the praise of NEs D when they have played college level offenses.

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Then you would have to say the Chiefs D is legit as well.

NE has played teams with a combined record of 12-32 or 11-27 if you don't count the Jets twice. The highest ranking offense they have faced was Buffalo at #17 and the final score of that game was 16-10. They have played the number 28, 31, 32 (twice), 29, and 24th ranked offenses in the league. To me, that is not legit unless you want to say KCs D is legit. 

KC has played teams with a combined record of 23-22-1. Opposing Os were ranked 9, 13, 2, 8, 22, 4 and 25. The Chiefs have played four teams in the top 10 on offense.

I know the point you are making but it ticks me off listening to all the praise of NEs D when they have played college level offenses.

I absolutely agree 63. This is where the fun begins for NE: They know they have their work cut out for them. I'll give them credit in the sense that they have made these bad offenses and QBs look terrible consistently though. 

Moving forward NE has to play 3 teams coming off BYE weeks in 3 consecutive weeks. Clev, @ Balt, @Philli. I am not ready to anoint them also. If I'm NE i'm more concerned about that O-line. Other than the 1st drive the Jets consistently got pressure with a 4 man rush - something Brady does not like at all.  

7 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Moving forward NE has to play 3 teams coming off BYE weeks in 3 consecutive weeks. Clev, @ Balt, @Philli. I am not ready to anoint them also. If I'm NE i'm more concerned about that O-line. Other than the 1st drive the Jets consistently got pressure with a 4 man rush - something Brady does not like at all.  

Unfortunately I don't see Cleveland or Philly doing much. Cleveland has the 21st ranked offense and Philly has the 23rd. Philly's D being is ranked 18 and Cleveland is sitting at 23. Baltimore maybe the only loss between those 3.

Philly does have a decent pass D though. 

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Unfortunately I don't see Cleveland or Phill doing much. Cleveland has the 21st ranked offense and Philly has the 23rd. Philly's D being is ranked 18 and Cleveland is sitting at 23. Baltimore maybe the only loss between those 3.

Philli has some pride. They'll show up at home.