Mahomes practices today, not ruled out for Sunday

There's no way he plays, nor should he.  I mean, unless this is somehow a miracle of God and he's 100% already I don't see this as anything more than showing off to try and throw the Packers off.

It was obvious in that video he was moving with a limp.  I'm surprised he's out there at all. 

I still think he's going to miss 2-3 games at a minimum.

I just hope these guys aren't trying to rush him out of desperation and risk further, more serious injury.

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

There's no way he plays, nor should he.  I mean, unless this is somehow a miracle of God and he's 100% already I don't see this as anything more than showing off to try and throw the Packers off.

It was obvious in that video he was moving with a limp.  I'm surprised he's out there at all. 

I just hope these guys aren't trying to rush him out of desperation and risk further, more serious injury.

He definitely looked stiff...may be wearing a brace. I believe he's there to see how his knee responds, and to see where he is mentally

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

They aren't rushing anything. He's doing exactly what the training staff is saying he can do. 

17 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

He shouldn't start this Sunday period. Take the time to heal as there's no point sticking him behind a suspect line against a GB Defense that is playing well. Let Moore take the beating this week. AFC West is trash and we don't "need" this win enough to risk him. 

You're the 2nd person that has raved about the GB D. They #26 overall, KC is 25. Their passing D is #21, KC is 9 and their rushing D is #24, KC is 29. So please tell me why are people afraid of GBs defense?

In their last 4 games they have allowed 24 to Oak, 22 to Det, 24 to Dal and 34 to Philly for 104 pts. KC has allowed 6 to Den, 31 to Hou, 19 to Ind and 30 to Det for 86 pts.

Raved may be a little strong.

Interesting when they say Matt Moore took most of the first team snaps that most people assume even in the media the MVP took the rest.  But what about Shurmer? Isn’t it just as likely he got some work in with the 1s? I have no idea either way. Just found it curious nobody asked.  
And to that end there appears some gamesmanship here

6 days after a dislocated knee cap

- this guy is juking, bobbing, and weaving 

wtf ..

Pat clearly has some crazy in him. I love it

oh, and he thought he was GOING BACK IN THE GAME AFTER HALFTIME in Denver. He asked back in ! 

hes a bad mother fucker.

I seriously doubt that the trainers and coaches would throw Mahomes out there on Sunday unless he was ready to go. The notion they might do so with a less than ready Mahomes thus risking further injury is ridiculous IMO. They know what they have in a franchise QB. They know we have a 2 game lead in the division. Mahomes will not play Sunday I'm sure of it and I am rarely sure of anything when it comes to the Chiefs.

if they let PM play on Sunday then the whole training staff and management should be fired!

I want to win every game and get to the SB as much as the next fan but how he feels right now has

no bearing on how he feels in week 15 or 16 much less the playoffs, dude is not a cyborg...let him heal

and rest

16 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You're the 2nd person that has raved about the GB D. They #26 overall, KC is 25. Their passing D is #21, KC is 9 and their rushing D is #24, KC is 29. So please tell me why are people afraid of GBs defense?

In their last 4 games they have allowed 24 to Oak, 22 to Det, 24 to Dal and 34 to Philly for 104 pts. KC has allowed 6 to Den, 31 to Hou, 19 to Ind and 30 to Det for 86 pts.

Raved may be a little strong.

Packers have given up a lot of yards but that’s deceiving. They are ranked 7th in DVOA defense which better measures how they play when it matters. 8th in points allowed. You can see their new DC has them flying to the football and making plays. They aren’t great by any means, but are a legit top ten group.  
By that same token the Chiefs are now ranked 13th in DVOA defense.  A monumental improvement as well! If we can finish in the top half of the league by this measure and have a relatively healthy offense, we can beat anyone and win the Super Bowl.  

49 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Packers have given up a lot of yards but that’s deceiving. They are ranked 7th in DVOA defense which better measures how they play when it matters. 8th in points allowed. You can see their new DC has them flying to the football and making plays. They aren’t great by any means, but are a legit top ten group.  
By that same token the Chiefs are now ranked 13th in DVOA defense.  A monumental improvement as well! If we can finish in the top half of the league by this measure and have a relatively healthy offense, we can beat anyone and win the Super Bowl.  

And this same system has NE as #1. Things are skewed based on how one wants to look at things.

It basically ignores the teams schedule/who they are playing. If KC played the same schedule that NE has I'm sure their DVOA score would be much better. As of 10/22 KC has had the 14th toughest schedule, GB has had the 18th. Which reflects in their DVOA.

NE and SF who hold the #1 and #2 spot in the DVOA standings but sit at #32 and #22 in SoS. Easier schedule better numbers, doesn't mean better squad.

Even this week will not clear it up. If KC's 3rd string QB doesn't look good against GB will that be because GB is good or because Moore is a 3rd stringer?

Sad thing is, the talking heads will go on and on about NE D but in the same breath talk about KC D playing a bad Denver O.

9 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And this same system has NE as #1. Things are skewed based on how one wants to look at things.

It basically ignores the teams schedule/who they are playing. If KC played the same schedule that NE has I'm sure their DVOA score would be much better. As of 10/22 KC has had the 14th toughest schedule, GB has had the 18th. Which reflects in their DVOA.

NE and SF who hold the #1 and #2 spot in the DVOA standings but sit at #32 and #22 in SoS. Easier schedule better numbers, doesn't mean better squad.

Even this week will not clear it up. If KC's 3rd string QB doesn't look good against GB will that be because GB is good or because Moore is a 3rd stringer?

The Patriots defense is really good by the way and I’m not sure what measure a team giving up less than a TD a game shouldn’t be ranked number one regardless of opponent. This isn’t college football.

As for the Chiefs what we know is if Mahomes and the offense around him is relatively healthy, we score 26 points or more regardless of who the opponent is. We will be loaded with playmakers on Sunday night around Moore with the healthiest this skill position group has been since week 1, quarter 1. If we can’t score 26 give both the Packers credit and understand Moore probably played like a 3rd stringer. 

18 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Patriots defense is really good by the way and I’m not sure what measure a team giving up less than a TD a game shouldn’t be ranked number one regardless of opponent. This isn’t college football.

Let me see if I understand. You believe that if KC played Denver twice, Miami, Washington, Giants, Pittsburgh and the Jets and only allowed let's say an average of 10 pts a game, you would consider them better than a team who played NO twice, KC (with Mahomes), Baltimore, Houston, Seattle and Dallas and gave up 20 pts a game?

To me, it's more about your competition than the stat line. If you play bottom dwellers week in and week out then your numbers are going to look better than those who play competitive teams at the other end of the spectrum.

JMO

28 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Let me see if I understand. You believe that if KC played Denver twice, Miami, Washington, Giants, Pittsburgh and the Jets and only allowed let's say an average of 10 pts a game, you would consider them better than a team who played NO twice, KC (with Mahomes), Baltimore, Houston, Seattle and Dallas and gave up 20 pts a game?

To me, it's more about your competition than the stat line. If you play bottom dwellers week in and week out then your numbers are going to look better than those who play competitive teams at the other end of the spectrum.

JMO

Both NE and SF will be hitting their meat of the schdeule soon so we will see just how different they are.

Still nice when you can play a cream puff schedule and work on things as you go along though.

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Both NE and SF will be hitting their meat of the schdeule soon so we will see just how different they are.

Still nice when you can play a cream puff schedule and work on things as you go along though.

As much as I bitch about the schedule, I would prefer the Chiefs to be tested throughout the season then walkthrough on cruise control and then face real teams in the playoffs.

If you notice the teams making big splashes in trade market are teams that have glaring holes with no answers on how to fix them.

Someone will say what about KC. KC has the people and the system they just need to execute and stop shooting themselves in the foot. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

As much as I bitch about the schedule, I would prefer the Chiefs to be tested throughout the season then walkthrough on cruise control and then face real teams in the playoffs.

If you notice the teams making big splashes in trade market are teams that have glaring holes with no answers on how to fix them.

Someone will say what about KC. KC has the people and the system they just need to execute and stop shooting themselves in the foot. 

Take advantage of that Raucous Arrowhead crowd. We need to quit wasting it - it's an intense environment and all the players need to do is match the fans' intensity.