Leonard Williams

Chiefs need to make a stab at this fellow if AZ is not dealing Peterson. He wrecked NE individually last Monday night. He may be a one year rental then they can decide whether they would sign him long term or Chris Jones. He's always been stout against the run and provides excellent interior pressure. 

Okafor, Jones, L. Williams, Clark. With great depth Saunders, Nnadi, Ogbah, K Pass, etc. This is 07 Giants SB D all over again. Giants secondary was never solid at best, but their front 7 though.

Our secondary as it sits has improved tremendously with the addition of Claiborne and the emergence of Thornhill / Felton. Just need to solidify that D-Line. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/baldy-s-breakdown-leonard-williams-vs-the-patriots

16 minutes ago, xen said:

I'd say he provides inconsistent pressure.  He's better against the run but he's not in the same stratosphere as Chris Jones as far as pressuring the QB.

True, but he hasn't had much help on the line since Muhammed Wilkerson & Sheldon Richardson left. He's been riding solo - imagine him and Jones in the middle. No way you could double both, and 1v1 any of those two would wreck it.

Geno Atkins is a far superior player. Why not just trade for him? I think we are adding big bodies that can hold up double teams next to the playmaking Jones and they think that will be good enough. It's that underneath coverage that still massively concerns me both from the linebackers and corners. 

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Geno Atkins is a far superior player. Why not just trade for him? I think we are adding big bodies that can hold up double teams next to the playmaking Jones and they think that will be good enough. It's that underneath coverage that still massively concerns me both from the linebackers and corners. 

Williams is only 25. Spags can move him all over the line. Atkins is 31 and isn't as nimble as he once was. Spags needs interchangeable D Lineman in his system - that's how he wrecks offensive game plans. 

12 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Williams is only 25. Spags can move him all over the line. Atkins is 31 and isn't as nimble as he once was. Spags needs interchangeable D Lineman in his system - that's how he wrecks offensive game plans. 

Atkins is just a superior player though and far more consistent. Also under a managable yearly contract for 3 more seasons where cutting him would be no problem. Williams you'd have to resign and give a hefty guarantee to a guy who's been incredibly inconsistent. I'd take Williams for a mid round pick for sure. Just not anything early. 

I agree...Give me Atkins over Williams BUT I have another question...

What about Atkins+Williams for the cost of Jones?  

Say we can get a couple 1st for Jones OR Atkins+1st for Jones OR Williams +1st for Jones then turn around and send a 1st to which ever team for Atkins or Williams.  Atkins contract is very cheap and even though Williams will want paid he still wont cost what Jones will demand.

11 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

I think Wis will step in and be a steal for our offense. He's going to wreck it next to Fisher when back healthy.

Rankin seems to have some upside. Both guard positions and center could stand some improvement. Radio guys were saying they were looking forward to getting Wylie back. I think we are better without him.

28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Rankin seems to have some upside. Both guard positions and center could stand some improvement. Radio guys were saying they were looking forward to getting Wylie back. I think we are better without him.

They are trippin. 
wiz needs to start.