Give me your crazy Trade Deadline trades!

Skins get:

2020 1st

2012 1st

Eric Fisher, OT

Chiefs get:

Trent Williams, OT

Brandon Scherff, OG

Ryan Kerrigan, LB

Josh Norman, CB

Trent is leaps and bounds better than Fisher and will be worth the new contract.  Plus Fisher has two more years on his contract and will want a top contract himself if we keep winning.  I'd argue that giving Trent a new 6 year deal now vs pay Fisher his $30M over the next two seasons PLUS a new 4 year contract for him after those two years will actually save us money at the end of the day and could even structure Trent's contract to help our overall cap.

Scherff has become a top 5 OG in the NFL and would slide into LG day 1.  Not much to say here other than Mahomes sends Veach a thank you card.

Kerrigan...Little long in the tooth but still has a year left on his contract.  This would be a stop gap type of move while Veach hopefully finds a younger LB with our 2nd rounder this coming draft.  Redskins actually designed his contract were next year will be cheaper than the past 3 years!  Great move for the trading team.

Norman...Again a Kerrigan type of move.  Skins will be bringing in new staff and Norman is just not worth his $15.5M cap hit to the Skins next season.  KC would only be on the hook for $12M next season(his final year on his contract).  

Skins go and dump some salary while also gain a couple of 1st rounders and still a serviceable OT in Fisher.  

I hate giving up two 1st but I think to rip a young OG like Scherff its gonna take it.  

Would LOVE seeing Trent at LT and Scherff next to him at LG....WOW

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

trade deal line can't get here quick enough for me

He's never going to stop. He's done this as long as I've shared forums with him. And that's been a lot of years. For some reason it's fun for him to throw out scenarios that have zero chance of coming to fruition. 

I personally dont mind if we are talking about something plausible. But with him it's always Madden fantasy land stuff.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He's never going to stop. He's done this as long as I've shared forums with him. And that's been a lot of years. For some reason it's fun for him to throw out scenarios that have zero chance of coming to fruition. 

I personally dont mind if we are talking about something plausible. But with him it's always Madden fantasy land stuff.

Lol thanks man....good thing it’s always an option to click on a thread!

5 hours ago, xen said:

Not sure next year's 1st + a seven year old 1st from 2012 would do it, even with Fisher.  Maybe give them our 1985 first round pick to sweeten the deal.

I thought we were going to tell the Panthers sorry but poe is going to the redskins as part of a chief trade. I like your thinking of using ex chief players as part of trade pieces. Balto might be on to something.

I still think we need an upgrade at corner.  This last Denver game we did not respect their passing game and that allowed Mathieu to play down low.  He's had to play back far too often this year.  Maybe with Mo back that's fixed but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I still think we need an upgrade at corner.  This last Denver game we did not respect their passing game and that allowed Mathieu to play down low.  He's had to play back far too often this year.  Maybe with Mo back that's fixed but I doubt it.

Agree. The quality of QBs we’ve faced has made this group look better than it is in my opinion.  And the fact our LBs can’t cover anyone. Rodgers will attack them so let’s see how well they hold up. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Wilson be ok in coverage so far.

He was awful in the Texans game though. But overall he and Neiman have been okay. Problem is Neiman is putrid vs the run. Ragland is a pure thumper and can’t cover. Hitchens is below average in coverage. We just don’t have any complete LBs. And I’m sure opponents play call knowing that. 
Flacco sucks so bad it didn’t matter.