Give me your crazy Trade Deadline trades!

37 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Jets have made Le'Veon Bell available for trade. 

If a player is traded I think it voids out their guarantees and KC could re-work the deal to be more team friendly.

I bet the Jets wouldn't require much for Bell in a trade. 

We could always turn around and trade one of our RBs as well.  Pittsburgh may be without Connor for a while and is down to 1 RB.

Was just about to post about this!

Adam Gase LOVED LOVED LOVED him some Damien Williams...and stated he was one of his favorite players in Miami and wanted to resign him!  

Chiefs get:

LeVeon Bell, RB

Jets get:

Damien Williams, RB

2020 3rd

2021 4th

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Was just about to post about this!

Adam Gase LOVED LOVED LOVED him some Damien Williams...and stated he was one of his favorite players in Miami and wanted to resign him!  

Chiefs get:

LeVeon Bell, RB

Jets get:

Damien Williams, RB

2020 3rd

2021 4th

For This Diva and this contract?

NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are looking to trade Le'Veon Bell before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Shipping Bell out of town following a half-season of service would leave behind $13.19 million in dead cap hits over the next two years. Signed to an outrageous four-year, $52.5 million deal with $27 million guaranteed this offseason, Bell's contract was arguably the biggest disagreement (among many) between Gase and now-fired GM Mike Maccagnan; Maccagnan was the one making the calls on the Bell signing and the outrageous contract handed out to off-ball ILB C.J. Mosley. Despite wanting no part of it, it's unlikely Gang Green's able to find another organization willing to take on the 27-year-old's contract since it carries fully guaranteed money through 2020. Mehta cited the Texans, Chiefs and Bills as suitors that "could use" a bell-cow back, but New York has reportedly yet to receive any calls on their starter.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

For This Diva and this contract?

NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are looking to trade Le'Veon Bell before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Shipping Bell out of town following a half-season of service would leave behind $13.19 million in dead cap hits over the next two years. Signed to an outrageous four-year, $52.5 million deal with $27 million guaranteed this offseason, Bell's contract was arguably the biggest disagreement (among many) between Gase and now-fired GM Mike Maccagnan; Maccagnan was the one making the calls on the Bell signing and the outrageous contract handed out to off-ball ILB C.J. Mosley. Despite wanting no part of it, it's unlikely Gang Green's able to find another organization willing to take on the 27-year-old's contract since it carries fully guaranteed money through 2020. Mehta cited the Texans, Chiefs and Bills as suitors that "could use" a bell-cow back, but New York has reportedly yet to receive any calls on their starter.

This year:  $1.34M Cap Hit

2020:  $13.5M (EDIT....NOT $9M, I first read the $5M Roster Bonus as $500k)

2021:  $11.5M, but can be cut with ZERO dead money

2022:  $13M

Seems ok to me for a top 3 RB in the NFL that's best ability fits into Reid's pass catching RB gameplan.

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Balto has got his numbers completely wrong. He has a 15.5 million dollar cap number next year and 13.5 in 2021 w/ 4 million in dead money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/leveon-bell-12329/

I love ya man......But the "Signing Bonus' STAYS with the Jets and does not go to Bell's new teams.

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Balto has got his numbers completely wrong. He has a 15.5 million dollar cap number next year and 13.5 in 2021 w/ 4 million in dead money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/leveon-bell-12329/

Actually we are both wrong haha..I looked back and for some reason for next season I thought the $5M roster Bonus was only $500k....my bad.  Reguardless the rest of the years I wrote are correct!

Honestly after looking at his contract and the $22M or so we have in cap atm...I'd try for a restructure and instead of only the reported $1.34M it would cost us for the rest of the season in cap space I'd throw like a $10M restructured signing bonus that hits our cap for this year only instead of spreading the signing bonus out over the contract.  We would still have about $12M in cap if Veach wanted to give Jones his new contract or what ever.

Bell's restructure could look like this:

This years cap:  $1.34M + $10M bonus = $11.34M for this year

2020:  Take it down $5M(comes from the singing bonus) $8.5M

Can now cut ties with ZERO dead money

2021:  Take it down $5M(comes from signing bonus) $6.5M

2022:  $13M

Just an idea

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

Reports are the Jets are open to trading anyone except Darnold and  Q. Williams.  Cowboys rumored to be making a huge push for Jamal Adams.

A. Talib and a 5th to MIA for a future draft pick.

Hmmm Jets have any OL haha

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Right. But the signing bonus is 2 mill. Leaving his cap number at 13.5 next year.

Look up a few posts...So if you are agreeing with me that means your numbers are off too?  LOL just busting your ballz

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

Looks like I was spot on!

So yes I still think if it doesn't cost to much in picks/players we pull the trigger and restructure his contract giving him a big, say $10M, signing bonus that all hits this years cap thus making future years much much cheaper.