Who’s the best cover lb in college

Calichief

You guys are the college experts. That’s why I come to you. This is clearly the new number 1 need. I think we found our oline guys. Dline looks super promising. The group of db’s counting safeties is great.

1. Lb who can cover

2. Rb (a real feature back) got to find Pat some help 

3.CB 

4. tight end 

5. Center 

6. Tackle 

7. Another lb

• 4 weeks later...

CB, LB, interior O-line.  Don't care what order, but think they can find O-line the second day.   D-line depends on how much the Chiefs love Speaks and Saunders.  Could be potential there.  Backup TE and RB need upgrades but not worth losing out of the top priorities.  One thing not mentioned often is replacing the punter.  They can find a cheaper one without giving up much.  I'd also like to see GRob replaced even when Watkins is released.  Could use another safety to replace Sorenson.  Do the Chiefs really need/use a FB?  Love the sausage, but how often is he on the field this season? 

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Who’s the best late options ? Specifically cover backer?

I dont know if Kenneth Murray will make it to us in the 20's. I imagine if he performs well at the combine its gonna be a stretch that he does. But I think he is probably the most realistic possibility of us getting an impact, sideline to sideline LB early. 

Depending on how Moses checks out medically, I guess it's possible hes there late 1st as well, but I'm not optimistic.

This LB class is putrid. But theres is always hidden gems. SF defense is an absolute beast and they have an UDFA and a 5th rounder from last years class starting at 2 of the 3 LB spots. Granted they have 5 first round picks in their d-line rotation, but I digress...

Murray is going to be a real hate/love sort of guy.  I like the playing style and man it's hard to deny that speed, but he's over-aggressive and will take himself totally out a fair number of plays.  Going to drive scouts and coaches fucking mad.  I don't know if that's what Spagnuolo is looking for.  If you can coach the bad shit out of him than I think he's a more aggressive Devin Bush.

Clemson guy is good but will be out of our range.

I don't like the Bama backers this go around.  Would avoid.

There are some good mid-range options at Linebacker in this draft.  Bachie, Dye, Barnes, Brooks and Harrison all look like decent options and I'd be super amazed if 1....if not more of them were available with the 3rd round choice.

Overall so far, I actually think in general this is one of the weaker drafts I've seen in awhile and don't be shocked if Veach moves around to go for quality over quantity. 

21 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Murray is going to be a real hate/love sort of guy.  I like the playing style and man it's hard to deny that speed, but he's over-aggressive and will take himself totally out a fair number of plays.  Going to drive scouts and coaches fucking mad.  I don't know if that's what Spagnuolo is looking for.  If you can coach the bad shit out of him than I think he's a more aggressive Devin Bush.

Clemson guy is good but will be out of our range.

I don't like the Bama backers this go around.  Would avoid.

There are some good mid-range options at Linebacker in this draft.  Bachie, Dye, Barnes, Brooks and Harrison all look like decent options and I'd be super amazed if 1....if not more of them were available with the 3rd round choice.

Overall so far, I actually think in general this is one of the weaker drafts I've seen in awhile and don't be shocked if Veach moves around to go for quality over quantity. 

Doesnt UNC have a guy that's raw but has real upside? Strange last name??

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Zack Baun out of Wisconsin.  He can ruah the passer or drop in coverage. May be there late 1st to late 2nd unless he does well in combine to turn heads.

any LB that can  RUAH a passer  or drop in coverage is a + with me..but first I need to figure what RUAH is

Ohio State LB Malik Harrison

Watch out for this cover LB. Cant wait to see what him and Baun do at combine.

Also for CB watching to see Diggs at CB and possibly Moss at TE, son of Randy Moss. Another Moss? Zack Moss from Utah at RB. Great at pass pro and does not fumble.

Round 1 Diggs at CB

2.Either Baun or Harrison cover LB

3. Moss at TE

4. Moss at RB. Edit: or possibly Cam Akers

We get LB, CB,  TE and RB first 4 rounds. I aee us signing a vet at C/G and drafting a developmental type in late rounds plus see gow Allegretti is doing.

Of course this can all change with good or bad showings at the combine.  Also if we sign Jones or not.