Just not sure what to think today...

Part of me is glad we were able to play it close and didn't get embarrassed.

Part of me is disappointed with Andy Reid being so conservative in a game with nothing really to lose.  I don't understand why we punted at the end. 

These are the concerns we should have with Reid being kind of soft.  I'm sure all the injuries played into it, but still.  He just cannot manage a game.  This includes his awful in game challenges.  The completion Rodgers made on the first drive of the game was a dumb challenge.  But, as usual with Reid...there  were also some really creative , smart play calls and great execution of out the offense with a 3rd string QB and injury riddled OL.

I thought the OL played well considering 2-3 starters ending up being out.

I thought Matt Moore, Kelce, Hill and Hardman played great.  However, we need better efforts out of McCoy and Watkins going forward.

I don't understand why we can't find a LB that can cover, or at least change the scheme accordingly so we don't lose the game because of it.  Is Dorian O'Daniel so bad he can't even get snaps over Niemann when it's clear he's not an NFL starter? 

The defense was Jekyl and Hyde last night.  Played great for a stretch in the first half, then just disappeared in the 2nd half.

Credit Rodgers I guess, but it's the same song and dance when facing a top QB.  We just can't make a stop when needed.  We're always left with saying "well, so and so is a top 5 QB so..."

It's just so hard to see us doing much this year.  Sure, they'll most likely win an awful AFCW and get a home playoff game.  But, that doesn't mean anything anymore because or coach isn't aggressive at the right times, can never win a challenge and our defense can't make pivotal stops against top offenses.  The Chiefs are now 1-3 at home which is unacceptable. 

Maybe getting healthy changes all that, I'm not sure or confident it will going forward especially with the defense.

Everything just kinda seems up in the air right now.  Season could turn for the worse, or it could turn for the better if the injuries get cleaned up. 

13 minutes ago, dksww said:

Part of me is glad we were able to play it close and didn't get embarrassed.

Part of me is disappointed with Andy Reid being so conservative in a game with nothing really to lose.  I don't understand why we punted at the end. 

These are the concerns we should have with Reid being kind of soft.  I'm sure all the injuries played into it, but still.  He just cannot manage a game.  This includes his awful in game challenges.  The completion Rodgers made on the first drive of the game was a dumb challenge.  But, as usual with Reid...there  were also some really creative , smart play calls and great execution of out the offense with a 3rd string QB and injury riddled OL.

I thought the OL played well considering 2-3 starters ending up being out.

I thought Matt Moore, Kelce, Hill and Hardman played great.  However, we need better efforts out of McCoy and Watkins going forward.

I don't understand why we can't find a LB that can cover, or at least change the scheme accordingly so we don't lose the game because of it.  Is Dorian O'Daniel so bad he can't even get snaps over Niemann when it's clear he's not an NFL starter? 

The defense was Jekyl and Hyde last night.  Played great for a stretch in the first half, then just disappeared in the 2nd half.

Credit Rodgers I guess, but it's the same song and dance when facing a top QB.  We just can't make a stop when needed.  We're always left with saying "well, so and so is a top 5 QB so..."

It's just so hard to see us doing much this year.  Sure, they'll most likely win the AFCW which is awful and get a home playoff game.  But, that doesn't mean anything anymore because or coach isn't aggressive at the right times, can never win a challenge and our defense can't make pivotal stops against top offenses. 

Maybe getting healthy changes all that, I'm not sure or confident it will going forward especially with the defense.

Everything just kinda seems up in the air right now.  Season could turn for the worse, or it could turn for the better if the injuries get cleaned up.

Sure. I guess Green Bay fans should shutter to think how their team can win with that defense too. GB played against a third string QB with three oline starters out. So Green Bay 7-1 has little hope too? Yes that was KC back up defense line because all the starters were out, Fuller was out too. I thought the team played great. I think this D is getting better and will arrive in time for the playoffs just like the NE Defense did last year. Back ups getting playing time bodes well for the future. If Mahomes had played KC wins that game easily.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. I guess Green Bay fans should shutter to think how their team can win with that defense too. GB played against a third string QB with three oline starters out. So Green Bay 7-1 has little hope too? Yes that was KC back up defense line because all the starters were out, Fuller was out too. I thought the team played great. I think this D is getting better and will arrive in time for the playoffs just like the NE Defense did last year. Back ups getting playing time bodes well for the future. If Mahomes had played KC wins that game easily.

Oh sure, I'm positive Packers fans today have a ton of questions.  But, I'm not a Packers fan.

I actually agree with what you're saying, most of my concerns and worries come with the defense and the innate ability to never make a key stop when we need it.

Yes, I understand the injuries are a reason for that.  However, even with everyone healthy this was and is still a legitimate concern until our defense proves on a consistent basis they can be relied upon.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Oh sure, I'm positive Packers fans today have a ton of questions.  But, I'm not a Packers fan.

I actually agree with what you're saying, most of my concerns and worries come with the defense and the innate ability to never make a key stop when we need it.

Yes, I understand the injuries are a reason for that.  However, even with everyone healthy this was and is still a legitimate concern until our defense proves on a consistent basis they can be relied upon.

Yes agree. Yesterday the D did make a lot of key stops. Way better than last season. I think the D was exhausted by that last drive thus GB ran out the clock. The D ran out of players to substitute. GB does not win this game with Rogers out. 

This team will win because of  Mahomes. If that defense, with a little better health, shows up every week then KC will win 95% of the time.

We need to get healthy. I have really no problem with last night's performance by the players as a whole. Team ran out of bodies and was just gassed at the end. I also question Reid's decision to punt. I told my son "They'll run out the clock" which they did. The McCoy fumble really cost the team.

27 minutes ago, dksww said:

These are the concerns we should have with Reid being kind of soft.  I'm sure all the injuries played into it, but still.  He just cannot manage a game.

I'll play devil's advocate.  It was ridiculously good game management and game planning that gave us any chance of winning that game with an ex high school football coach at QB.  Two poor decisions with good coverage an unbelievable catches were the difference in the game.  And I will never believe that the last touchdown was not intended to be thrown away.  I probably would not have punted, but pinning them on their 2 yard line was decent enough strategy.  At some point they had to make a stop.  Even if we don't punt and score a touchdown, the game is tied and Rodgers has the ball for the win. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'll play devil's advocate.  It was ridiculously good game management and game planning that gave us any chance of winning that game with an ex high school football coach at QB.  Two poor decisions with good coverage an unbelievable catches were the difference in the game.  And I will never believe that the last touchdown was not intended to be thrown away.  I probably would not have punted, but pinning them on their 2 yard line was decent enough strategy.  At some point they had to make a stop.  Even if we don't punt and score a touchdown, the game is tied and Rodgers has the ball for the win. 

Right, it's all frustrating as hell.  For all the great things Reid did to put us in a position to win, 1 or 2 decisions cost us the game.

You can't trust your defense to get that stop. 

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

Right, it's all frustrating as hell.  For all the great things Reid did to put us in a position to win, 1 or 2 decisions cost us the game.

You can't trust your defense to get that stop. 

Of course the O may not have converted on 4th down. The Packers could have fumbled. No way to know for sure. 

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Of course the O may not have converted on 4th down. The Packers could have fumbled. No way to know for sure. 

I'm fine if they don't get the 4th and 3.  They weren't stopping the Packers either way.  To win, they would've had to get the 4th and 3, score a TD and then I would've gone for 2

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

No more primetime games at Arrowhead until this gets figured out. It's embarrassing.

Honestly I think GB should be embarrassed. KC played hard a tough. Almost won with the second string D and a third string QB.

I have actually been more encouraged by the D the last 2 weeks. DBs seem better, D line improving, LB vs run slight improvement but the LBs vs pass is atrocious. We've played Rodgers, Watson, Stafford. New England's vaunted defense has played the following offenses: 32, 31. 30, 29, 24, 20, 19. When we get Jones, Clark, Fuller, Fisher and some QB back, might make some noise.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

002b6b1c33aafd1e058975fc31584510d3795f68

The Dorian O'Daniel issue is a little confusing. DOD can run and his coverage skills, from what I saw last year was pretty good. I'm not sure why he's behind Nieman. My friend, who is a big Clemson fan says DOD is too dumb to understand the playbook, and is often lost. I'm starting to believe him...Because while Nieman may be a smarter player, his athletic skills are not there..

I think Reid was the only person watching that game who believed the defense could get a stop. Green Bay made adjustments at halftime and KC really had no answers for Aaron Jones and those quick out passes plus the defense looked pretty gassed by the end. Reid knew all this but still chose to punt. 

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Aaron Jones returning is what killed us 2nd half.  When he was out we killed it but Matt L schemed him all over the place and no one could stop him.   

This^^^

But you have to give GB credit for taking advantage of the mismatch. I noticed that when Jones split out wide, we were in a Dime defense...both times. That put Hitch one on one with Jones, and they exploited it because they knew Hitch couldn't keep up. (Ala NE with James White) Last, year we used O'Daniel in these situations and he did a decent job.

I do believe Wilson or Lee could've defended Jones better in those situations..Even DOD. But Hitch was absolutely no match. Cost us 2 TD's and that last first down when Nieman was defending him with an 8 yd cushion.

Spags better fix it, cause I'm sure the Vikings watched the game, and they have two backs that are fast out of the backfield.

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I was pretty proud of them. The Pack is 7-1 for a reason. We played without Mahomes, Fisher, Fuller, Clark, Jones...  And we were basically a fumble from winning the game. 

If Breeland picks that pass?  If Rogers does not connect on a Mahomes type throw? If If Ifs. Yes I too was impressed. I think too much blame is on that fumble. Turnovers happen. If the KC D gets a fumble recovery its wow what a great play by the KC guy not what a dumb ass back. . 

Players make plays. GB made a couple more than KC.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

If Breeland picks that pass?  If Rogers does not connect on a Mahomes type throw? If If Ifs. Yes I too was impressed. I think too much blame is on that fumble. Turnovers happen. If the KC D gets a fumble recovery its wow what a great play by the KC guy not what a dumb ass back. . 

Yup, when 2 good teams play the outcome is usually determined by who blinks first (i.e., turns the ball over, misses a FG etc).

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

That’s a fair point. I don’t mean to blame the fumble, just trying to say it was a close game.  Very impressive effort.

Just now, DieHard said:

That’s a fair point. I don’t mean to blame the fumble, just trying to say it was a close game.  Very impressive effort.

It was a momentum killer for a very fragile team.  We were a long way from scoring but it further sapped our D we were trying to protect.   

Reid showed us the same game he does in playoffs. I know we are not healthy but it is a tale of 2 halves for Reid in big games. I wish he would fix it but we see he has not. It is why i think he wont win the big one and causing more frustrations for us Chiefs fans. Reid has his window and I think it needs to be the next 3 years. Love him but we cant just let a great QB go to waste.