We are currently 6th in sacks...

After 8 games we have 25 which puts us on pace for 50.  This is with a team that hasn’t blown out anyone and we have seen a far heavier dose of running than we saw last year.  Meaning less opportunities and Chris Jones being out a couple games and Frank Clark obviously playing hurt.   

I like what Spags is doing.   These last games have been improvements and I hope that continues.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

After 8 games we have 25 which puts us on pace for 50.  This is with a team that hasn’t blown out anyone and we have seen a far heavier dose of running than we saw last year.  Meaning less opportunities and Chris Jones being out a couple games and Frank Clark obviously playing hurt.   

I like what Spags is doing.   These last games have been improvements and I hope that continues.

Totally agree. Spags is getting it together.  Last year the NE defense was a mess about now. KC seems to be getting a little better each week.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Our personnel is made for pass rushing.  We have been very good in that aspect.  Our run defense still sucks, and is going to be the downfall of this team. 

It’s getting better. It’s the rb that is killing in all aspects. Terez paylor broke it down great today on 610

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

It’s getting better. It’s the rb that is killing in all aspects. Terez paylor broke it down great today on 610

I don't understand why they didn't make the switch to DOD or Darron Lee when they went into that Dime defense. Both of those guys can run twice as fast as Hitchens...

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

I don't understand why they didn't make the switch to DOD or Darron Lee when they went into that Dime defense. Both of those guys can run twice as fast as Hitchens...

Daron Lee has been absolutely miserable in coverage. I’m not sure how he’s still on the team actually.  I’m guessing DOD hasn’t looked very good in practice because he rarely gets to play. At this point give him a shot on obvious passing downs. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Daron Lee has been absolutely miserable in coverage. I’m not sure how he’s still on the team actually.  I’m guessing DOD hasn’t looked very good in practice because he rarely gets to play. At this point give him a shot on obvious passing downs. 

DOD looked pretty decent covering backs last year..I wonder WTH happened to the dude?

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

DOD looked pretty decent covering backs last year..I wonder WTH happened to the dude?

Good question. He seemed to be emerging before he got hurt last year. I’d call him the most disappointing player on the roster to date. 

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

He had one PDEF all year, how's that looking decent? Unless you're saying the opposing teams didn't throw his way because he was that good?😉

By that good, I meant he was at least around the ball carrier when he caught it and he could actually keep up when the rb's were running those damn wheel routes.

In other words, he was better than Hitchens..

17 hours ago, moons314 said:

Our personnel is made for pass rushing.  We have been very good in that aspect.  Our run defense still sucks, and is going to be the downfall of this team. 

Unless you have elite LB's that can blow up the run and be fast enough to cover RB's or TE's, most defenses will be good at one and not the other.  If we go heavy LB's teams throw on us, if we go nickel/dime, teams run on us.  It's what makes the Pats offensive gameplan so effective yet it is such a simple concept.

20 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Unless you have elite LB's that can blow up the run and be fast enough to cover RB's or TE's, most defenses will be good at one and not the other.  If we go heavy LB's teams throw on us, if we go nickel/dime, teams run on us.  It's what makes the Pats offensive gameplan so effective yet it is such a simple concept.

Its funny you say that about BB. I've been saying it for years. The NFL talks about BB being some kinda genius, but IMO he just does obvious stuff.

If you're good running the ball, he stacks the box and makes you throw. If you're good throwing, he plays light boxes, and forces you to run.

He put KC in a Nickel/Dime defense 90% of the time last year in the AFCCG, by lining up in 3 WR sets, and then commenced to run the ball down our throats.

If Minn watched any of the GB game tape, they'll "try" to do the same thing. Catch us with Hitchens in man to man, and throw to those 2 rbs out of the backfield.

What I don’t understand is if the RB wheel route is the primary option on that play (which it obviously is), why don’t you have a safety over the top? Who cares if they have to pass to a slant as the second option or whatever? At least you won’t give up a long TD. You can’t expect even a fast LB to keep up with a RB on a wheel route, let alone an average speed guy like Hitchens.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:58 PM, moons314 said:

I disagree. I think we are making strides in the running game and are more built for stopping the run than we have been in the last 3-4 years. But we can't cover RBs out of the backfield in space at all. That said Dalvin Cook will be the best RB we face all season. I'm sure he's licking his chops.