Should Mahomes play next week

23 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Mahomes practiced last week. Reid said he was almost ready. You can bet your ass that Mahomes is going to press hard to play this week. For me, I think it is more about his ankle. If his ankle is fine, I think he plays if Fisher is back.  

I heard a report during pregame yesterday morning that said Patrick ran the scout team in practice and ran our defense ragged. He's close. I'd say 95 percent for Tennessee. 50-50 this week. 

21 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

How good is Minn Pass Rush?

7th in sacks, 7th in points allowed, 4th in INTs...This will be the best team we face at home this year. So do we get a surge of starters back or suck it up one more week and bring in the reinforcements against Tennessee?

Play him. He's never going to be 100%. The Chiefs need to beat another playoff caliber team and they need to do it in front of their home crowd.

All beating Ten, SD, and Oak will do, other than improving the record, is feed the negative Nancy's the narrative that KC can't beat a playoff caliber team. I know, Ten, SD and Oak aren't guaranteed wins but they aren't playoff caliber teams either.

As so many like to say, these guys are professionals and  are getting paid to play, so in my opinion, he plays if cleared. 

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

That may never happen. Moore player fairly well , could get some wins , and the rest of the division is crap. Ha HA HA

Very realistically if we split with the Chargers and beat the Raiders again, this division can probably be won with 9 wins. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Very realistically if we split with the Chargers and beat the Raiders again, this division can probably be won with 9 wins. 

Chargers are so lousy. If it were not for NAGY completely choking yesterday they would have 6 losses. 40 seconds left , first down and one timeout. He has the offense take a knee and runs the clock down instead of trying to get a little closer than 40+ yards. Shows he had no faith in his QB. Missed field goal. CHOKE BY NAGY.

40 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chargers are so lousy. If it were not for NAGY completely choking yesterday they would have 6 losses. 40 seconds left , first down and one timeout. He has the offense take a knee and runs the clock down instead of trying to get a little closer than 40+ yards. Shows he had no faith in his QB. Missed field goal. CHOKE BY NAGY.

On the flip side, if he had ran the ball and they fumbled people would be asking why didn't you run the clock down and kick it.

13 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

On the flip side, if he had ran the ball and they fumbled people would be asking why didn't you run the clock down and kick it.

I think it would be funny if they kneeled on fourth down thinking it was third. Orlovsky safety, McNabb OT, etc. would take a backseat. ;)

14 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I don’t disagree at all. 3rd and Goal at the 8 and he ran the ball too. Just goes to show even a good offensive coach can stink up the joint if he’s lost confidence in his QB. Even still this seems to be Chargers 101 to stink it up early then make a run.  That loss would’ve buried them for good. 

40 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He will want to play, but I would not. NFC game that we really don’t need. We just have to take care of the division and roll into the playoffs healthy.

A bye seems like a long shot and home field for the Pats is gone. 

Yes losing to an NFC team doesn't hurt as much as an AFC team, except in the record. Do you really want to have the Chiefs go to Baltimore and NE in January? I don't. 

As far as over taking NE, NE could easily drop 3 out of their next 5. At Baltimore, at Philly, vs Dallas, at Houston and vs KC.

Based on records, KC could come out of the next 8, 7-1 or 6-2 with one of those wins against NE.

If people want to rest him, fine but I hope they don't lose their minds if the Chiefs miss the #1 or 2 seed by one game.

15 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yes losing to an NFC team doesn't hurt as much as an AFC team, except in the record. Do you really want to have the Chiefs go to Baltimore and NE in January? I don't. 

As far as over taking NE, NE could easily drop 3 out of their next 5. At Baltimore, at Philly, vs Dallas, at Houston and vs KC.

Based on records, KC could come out of the next 8, 7-1 or 6-2 with one of those wins against NE.

If people want to rest him, fine but I hope they don't lose their minds if the Chiefs miss the #1 or 2 seed by one game.

To me seeding does not matter. KC home playoff record speaks for itself. Just get in the dance, wild card or whatever it takes. Mahomes can win any day, any where.

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yet he lost to Houston and Indy. Both teams will likely be in the playoffs. 

Like I said...does not matter where KC plays. I think Chiefs home field advantage is a myth. If I lived near KC I would want the home games so I could attend the game.

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Like I said...does not matter where KC plays. I think Chiefs home field advantage is a myth. If I lived near KC I would want the home games so I could attend the game.

I still believe it is there, it just hasn't been good lately. In almost every loss, it was pretty much a flip of the coin, BS PI calls, costly fumbles, push off in the EZ, lining  up in the neutral zone etc. Those don't reflect on the home field advantage as much as just plain ol dumb luck or untimely bad calls by refs.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I am not winning to risk his career to get one home game. As far as NE goes, I am not concerned about playing there. Over last 5 years we have won and lost in there stadium. We have won and lost in ours. 

An argument could be made that we are as good on the road as at home. That really doesn’t matter though. Pat’s health is the only thing that matters.

21 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

7th in sacks, 7th in points allowed, 4th in INTs...This will be the best team we face at home this year. So do we get a surge of starters back or suck it up one more week and bring in the reinforcements against Tennessee?

Stat wise they may be the best, but IMO the Packers were the best team we faced at home and all season.