Should Mahomes play next week

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am not winning to risk his career to get one home game. As far as NE goes, I am not concerned about playing there. Over last 5 years we have won and lost in there stadium. We have won and lost in ours. 

An argument could be made that we are as good on the road as at home. That really doesn’t matter though. Pat’s health is the only thing that matters.

So you honestly believe, the Chiefs organization would play him and Mahomes himself would play if he wasn't healthy or felt he would cause more damage to himself in a "meaningless" game? Give them more credit than that.

My stance on this is and always have been, if the team and Mahomes says he can play without anymore damage being done then let him play. He won't be 100% until sometime during the off season. So if you want to wait until he's 100%, put him on IR and call it a season.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

So you honestly believe, the Chiefs organization would play him and Mahomes himself would play if he wasn't healthy or felt he would cause more damage to himself in a "meaningless" game? Give them more credit than that.

My stance on this is and always have been, if the team and Mahomes says he can play without anymore damage being done then let him play. He won't be 100% until sometime during the off season. So if you want to wait until he's 100%, put him on IR and call it a season.

Yup, surprisingly I agree with you.

If he's cleared by medical to play, then he should play. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Cousins cracks under pressure. We have proved that we can bring heat with the blitz.

The scary thing about Minn, is that damn running game. And the do have a very solid defense.

Running game is legit or seems to be. But one could argue their D is a product of their schedule. Beat Atl, lost to GB, beat Oak, lost to Chi, beat NYG, beat Philly, beat Det, and beat Wash, 24-36 record. 2 probable playoff teams.

KC opponents 34-25, to include 4 probable playoff teams.

id prefer what others have mentioned. sit this next week and allow moore to take 1st team snaps without looking over his shoulder. get mahomes ready for tennessee. i was pleasantly surprised how the team played last week. it’s good to see the younger players get some snaps and allow the injuries to heal up for another week.  

oakland plays detroit, chargers play GB and den plays browns. good chance all 3 lose this weekend.  

5 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

All I am saying is that Pat would fight to go out there on crutches.  Actually the knee is less of a concern to me than the ankle. I don’t think they would intentionally do that but how a guy is feeling must weigh into the assessment. The kid is a stud and wants back out there.

I am good with whatever the decision is and you don’t want to anger a guy your about to negotiate a 200 mill contact with.

Well they said 3 to 6 weeks. He had 10 days off until the GB game and another 7 coming up to Vikings. He has been practicing and testing it out the last week too. 17 days may be all he needs. If not 24 next week would really give him the 3 weeks and see how well his ankle is doing then too.

How did that work out for Justin Houstin.....just saying these guys are ballers and can't always be trusted to make deicision for themselves.   I mean he wanted to come back in the game after he dislocated it.   Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves and I think athletes are some of the least trustworthy to make decisions like this.   Thats why they put in the concussion protocol.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

How did that work out for Justin Houstin.....just saying these guys are ballers and can't always be trusted to make deicision for themselves.   I mean he wanted to come back in the game after he dislocated it.   Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves and I think athletes are some of the least trustworthy to make decisions like this.   Thats why they put in the concussion protocol.   

How did that work out with Berry? Team said he was ready, he didn't. There is a thin line and we are not the ones that should make it.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How did that work out with Berry? Team said he was ready, he didn't. There is a thin line and we are not the ones that should make it.

There is a difference.   You said he should play when he was ready and wanted to and my post was that sometimes you have to protect players like Mahomes and Houston.  Players like Berry never wanted to get back on the field nor did they want to get the surgery to repair the injury.   Its pretty well known he refused after the season when his plan didn't work out and he's still sitting on the sidelines.  Kinda a apples or orange comparison.   No medical person can know how your are feeling and many athletes push themselves to get back on the field to fast with medical clearance and the effects are costly.   Again Houston and JC are two very recent and good examples of that.    Its more than just getting the clearance from the dr, you have to know the athlete is making a good decision as well not just a hasty one.    But you are correct that he shouldn't sit out just for the sake of sitting out if he's cleared and he is making a good decision about his future. 

Mahomes was running around today with some real explosion in his movements for the first time in about a month. I think he's chomping at the bit and wants to prove he is ready to play this week. Meanwhile from what I read he's still behind Matt Moore in total reps with the 1s....So this will get interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think it really comes down to his ankle. If his ankle is good, I think he starts. Do not think knee is going to be a problem. 

Do you really think his ankle is good though???

I mean, what happens if Dip-Shit Erving steps on it again??

On 10/29/2019 at 6:03 PM, Lamardirts said:

They botched his whole deal. No doubt about that. This isn't that. There's definite risk of him dislocating kneecap again, but there's not much they can do about that in a few months except have him wear something to give it more stability. My guess is they worked out Tenn game as return date but he's been working to try and change their mind. Total guess though. Watching him run today, he's probably more equipped to play Sunday than he was in Denver. 

19 minutes ago, artsy said:

Do you really think his ankle is good though???

I mean, what happens if Dip-Shit Erving steps on it again??

He looked really good with his lateral movement and general explosiveness in the short film clips I saw today. Much improved from two weeks ago before Denver. Problem is Wylie is now back to step on the ankle too. Doesn't look like Fish will be back until after the bye week and they just aren't going to wait that long for the division lead to completely evaporate. But I'd agree there's probably more general risk lining him up behind Erving than actually playing on the knee or ankle. 

16 minutes ago, Calichief said:

All this thinking of just get the division is a dangerous thing. You know how easily things can go wrong. 

Yea, that's why I'm on the side of waiting till we play the Chargers at least...

Henne and Moore can hold it down on offense for at least one more game, if not two (Titans)

52 minutes ago, Calichief said:

All this thinking of just get the division is a dangerous thing. You know how easily things can go wrong. 

Understanding we are handicapped and the Vikings are not going to get anywhere near our best, my hope is that the mindset of the team is they are defintely get our best effort regardless because losing 4 in a row at home is completely unacceptable. Championship teams should never accept moral victories. In a 16 game season you aren't going to get your best effort every single week. But this is a gigantic game for the coaching staff to employ their team to give it on Sunday. No guarantees if we do with so many guys out. If we don't though we will lose and maybe big.