Should Mahomes play next week

Even if Mahomes is 100%, he runs the risk of getting hurt. This is football.   With that being said, I think it is up to how he feels and what the medical staff feels comfortable with. Pat needs to play sooner rather than later. I am 100% behind the decision they make for Sunday. My thoughts are he will play.

25 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Even if Mahomes is 100%, he runs the risk of getting hurt. This is football.   With that being said, I think it is up to how he feels and what the medical staff feels comfortable with. Pat needs to play sooner rather than later. I am 100% behind the decision they make for Sunday. My thoughts are he will play.

Play him a few series and see how it goes. If he looks good with no problem let him play, if not pull him. At least he'll knock some rust off.

I'm not sure whether Mahomes will play Sunday ...or even should play Sunday for that matter. But I really get irked at those articles out there predicting possible doom for Mahomes career and comparing him to RGIII because the Chiefs might be rushing Mahomes back too soon. 

28 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm not sure whether Mahomes will play Sunday ...or even should play Sunday for that matter. But I really get irked at those articles out there predicting possible doom for Mahomes career and comparing him to RGIII because the Chiefs might be rushing Mahomes back too soon. 

lmao I think the difference between RG3 and Mahomes is that Mahomes is not a RB playing QB.

Brady tore his ACL in fact by the Chiefs and hasn't had any problems since. 

He wont start. If they need him i think he will be available but only if needed. I think Moore starts and they see how it goes. If is ready they still want to be cautious and give him another week. This gives all the rest if the injured a week too and be able to come back which helps even Mahomes. 

Sounds crazy and they won’t do it, but...  suit him up and Shurmur. If we are stopping Cook and blocking the pass rush and it is close at half time. Let him play the  second half and secure the win. If we are getting the QB killed and Cook is looking unstoppable, let it go and live to fight another day.

Absolutely zero chance this is the plan, but  I would love it.

5 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

lmao I think the difference between RG3 and Mahomes is that Mahomes is not a RB playing QB.

Brady tore his ACL in fact by the Chiefs and hasn't had any problems since. 

In Brady's case he had all season and the following off season to rehab. The RGIII comparison is due to the fact he got hurt in season, sat out some and then got reinjured when he came back. But you are right to differentiate between he and Mahomes. Two totally different types of QBs.