Strength of Schedule

4 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

I'm fine with giving up 60 yard TD's once in a while. Get a quick turnaround and the ball right back to Mahomes. Father Time Sutton's bend but don't break defense did nothing for our offense. Clock kept chewing up, D getting gassed, while Mahomes and company sitting on the bench cold and out of rhythm. We needed this change so we'll see if it pays dividends down the line like you said. 

Yeah that pounding running game is a lot of minutes on the field for a D. Rubber legs at the end. Love the aggressive approach lately. 

38 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Not only is our strength of schedule tough, but we are playing the most smash mouth divisions which can make life hard even against the most middling teams. 

I wouldn’t exactly call GB or Det a smash mouth offense. And we know Matt Nagy isn’t a smash mouth guy.  Minnesota definitely has the RB to do it though. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

I wouldn’t exactly call GB or Det a smash mouth offense. And we know Matt Nagy isn’t a smash mouth guy.  

I look at smash mouth both as an offensive and defensive disposition. These are teams that hit you hard. The Bears problem is Nagy went full Reid by throwing too much when he really needs to be smashing it. It is pretty much what the AFC South is end to end though.

16 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I look at smash mouth both as an offensive and defensive disposition. These are teams that hit you hard. The Bears problem is Nagy went full Reid by throwing too much when he really needs to be smashing it. It is pretty much what the AFC South is end to end though.

No doubt the AFC South is a ground and pound division. I think all four teams are in the top ten in rush/pass mix.