Your Second Half Record Predictions

I am staying with my original 10-6 prediction so 5-3 the second half. I do now think 10-6 wins the division and still think KC goes on to win the BIG GAME. I think Mahomes sits one more game so Minn is a loss.

Good thing is his ankle should be getting better too. 95% healthy Mahomes = Super Bowl Win.

Based on reality Fisher won't be back until after the bye. 

Wins....LA, Oak, Den

Toss ups...Tenn, Chi, LA

Losses...NE, Minn

So 9-7 or 10-6...either wins the West in this scenario. 4 seed we'd probably open at home vs Buf or Indy and then go to NE if we win. Easiest game might end up being the AFC Title game if we got there. 

With the losses now and upcoming Vikings game I agree with you all's 10-6 or 11-5 predictions.  I think if the Chiefs can get in, no matter what seed, or were they play, they can beat any of the other teams in the AFC. It won't be easy but I think they can do it.

The only team I'm worried about is the Patriots.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

With the losses now and upcoming Vikings game I agree with you all's 10-6 or 11-5 predictions.  I think if the Chiefs can get in, no matter what seed, or were they play, they can beat any of the other teams in the AFC. It won't be easy but I think they can do it.

Agree. I'll take being the 4 seed and healthy in January over the 1 seed with this QB and minus a good a defense that can actually capitalize on Arrowhead. Who will want to look up and a healthy Chiefs team coming into their stadium in January?

I was worried about this roster in preseason before all these injuries. 11-5 was my initial prediction - although my homerism was saying 13-3. 11-5, I'll stick with that. I think that gets #2 seed. AFC South will beat each other up. I wouldn't count out the Faiders though. Although, I must say wouldn't put the #1 seed out just yet. NE has some tough opponents coming off BYES in the next few weeks. Let's see how they turn out. 

5 hours ago, qnet said:

This is where I’m at with us and Baltimore vying for the 3 n 4 seed.  

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Based on reality Fisher won't be back until after the bye. 

Wins....LA, Oak, Den

Toss ups...Tenn, Chi, LA

Losses...NE, Minn

So 9-7 or 10-6...either wins the West in this scenario. 4 seed we'd probably open at home vs Buf or Indy and then go to NE if we win. Easiest game might end up being the AFC Title game if we got there. 

Chicago is absolute trash.

tennese too.

Honestly I’m just hoping for all road games in the playoffs.  Even though Arrowhead sells out and has the loudest fans in the NFL I think the team feels to comfy at home and doesn’t play with the intensity they have on road games.

I say 6-2 

3 hours ago, Balto said:

Honestly I’m just hoping for all road games in the playoffs.  Even though Arrowhead sells out and has the loudest fans in the NFL I think the team feels to comfy at home and doesn’t play with the intensity they have on road games.

I say 6-2 

Reality is also  we’ve struggled against playoff teams no matter where we played them the last two years. Just so happens this year we open at home against 5 straight likely playoff teams while our first 5 on the road are all against likely non playoff teams. If our track record in such games continues we will win 10 games and the division but it doesn’t inspire in January.

This team really needs to create that winners vibe that comes from winning a big game against a good team. Sunday  is an opportunity under difficult circumstances to do that.  Could serve to spark this entire season back on track if we do.  Or a bad loss could really create some real pressure and possibly even doubt in Nashville.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Reality is also  we’ve struggled against playoff teams no matter where we played them the last two years. Just so happens this year we open at home against 5 straight likely playoff teams while our first 5 on the road are all against likely non playoff teams. If our track record in such games continues we will win 10 games and the division but it doesn’t inspire in January.

This team really needs to create that winners vibe that comes from winning a big game against a good team. Sunday  is an opportunity under difficult circumstances to do that.  Could serve to spark this entire season back on track if we do.  Or a bad loss could really create some real pressure and possibly even doubt in Nashville.  

I think the spark is there already. The teams has had to step up with the injuries on both sides and also without Mahomes. If we get healthy and continue to improve in defense, I think we will win no matter who we play. Big test will be to see just how we do against NE, if all are healthy by then, which we could very will be.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think the spark is there already. The teams has had to step up with the injuries on both sides and also without Mahomes. If we get healthy and continue to improve in defense, I think we will win no matter who we play. Big test will be to see just how we do against NE, if all are healthy by then, which we could very will be.

Agree in part. Defense has shown encouraging progress despite injuries. Spags has adjusted scheme and made us far less predictable despite hags at LB who can’t cover anyone. If Veach can get him a few more pieces they could make big jump next year. For now they are improved enough to beat some good teams if the O gets healthy.  But D is losing players now faster than O getting them back. 
I think we are nearing a tipping point of the season where we win a big game, get some crucial guys back and really take off. Or we get thumped, lose all mojo and injuries just become too much to overcome it. 

Mahomes is good enough when fully healthy to offset a lot of shortcomings in other areas. Right now the injuries are hard to overcome and let's face it....the LB group in pass coverage is more than just a weakness. It is a gaping hole that teams with smart coaches and good QBs can and will exploit unless Spags comes up with a plan to limit it. Not sure there is any way he can.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:45 AM, dhitter said:

Mahomes is good enough when fully healthy to offset a lot of shortcomings in other areas. Right now the injuries are hard to overcome and let's face it....the LB group in pass coverage is more than just a weakness. It is a gaping hole that teams with smart coaches and good QBs can and will exploit unless Spags comes up with a plan to limit it. Not sure there is any way he can.

I agree, however feel there will always be something. At the beginning of the season it was the pass defense, a few games later the run defense was horrible to most, and now they can't cover running backs out of the backfield.

It seems like whenever the Chiefs lose, whatever the opposing team did to help defeat them, becomes the Chiefs biggest weakness and offseason need to most Chiefs fans. 

I'm not sure what to think.