Chiefs/Vikings

It's been almost two years since the Chiefs lost a game by more than 7 points. Is this going to be the first? This is the most complete team we will play this year and they are possibly completely healthy (which is unreal in itself). Can we contain Cook enough to put some pressure on Cousins and keep us in the game? If so they are the type of team to choke. But if we let them control tempo from the get go. They are more equipped to run us out of the building than GB was. 

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It's been almost two years since the Chiefs lost a game by more than 7 points. Is this going to be the first? This is the most complete team we will play this year and they are possibly completely healthy (which is unreal in itself). Can we contain Cook enough to put some pressure on Cousins and keep us in the game? If so they are the type of team to choke. But if we let them control tempo from the get go. They are more equipped to run us out of the building than GB was. 

The Saints took care of business while Brees was on injury vaca. SB teams find ways to win. Chiefs need to at least split - no excuses. Can't lose this game by all means 4 straight at home inexcusable. Moore can go in and win this game. If Spags stay aggressive on defense then it will create turnovers. Boot legs off their running game that's how Cousins is successful. Our DE's need to be very disciplined up front. ViQueens don't like to play from behind. If we win the turnover battle we'll win this game. 

27 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

The Saints took care of business while Brees was on injury vaca. SB teams find ways to win. Chiefs need to at least split - no excuses. Can't lose this game by all means 4 straight at home inexcusable. Moore can go in and win this game. If Spags stay aggressive on defense then it will create turnovers. Boot legs off their running game that's how Cousins is successful. Our DE's need to be very disciplined up front. ViQueens don't like to play from behind. If we win the turnover battle we'll win this game. 

Its not apples to apples though as the Saints weren't fighting significant injuries elsewhere. Plus they had the most expensive backup QB in the NFL and a former 1st round pick whereas this is our 3rd QB picked up on a high school coaching staff less than 2 months ago. We can talk all we want about no excuses and next man up, but in the salary cap era teams aren't built to endure major injuries. We are likely playing with two backups DEs as well. All that said this team still has a ton of talent at the skill positions and could get Chris Jones back to help offset the loss of Clark and Okafor. I personally feel like we would be stealing one here if Matt Moore starts. But play hard like we did vs GB, come up with a good game plan and hopefully take a few more chances than normal and see what happens. Either way we will be fine if we get healthy, four game home losing streak or not. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Vikings are a better team in every way than Green Bay, minus the qb. Without mahomes, the Vikings will roll.

You guys follow the game in more detail than I do, so I can't argue against your points, but I hope you're wrong. 

chiefs need to go all in to stop the run and hit cousins every chance u get. i think if we sit back to cover theilen and diggs we will in trouble. cousins ain’t gonna make the rodgers throws like last week. go after him and cook and i think they will be okay. i’m hoping for a chiefs win but not holding my breath. 

28 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

chiefs need to go all in to stop the run and hit cousins every chance u get. i think if we sit back to cover theilen and diggs we will in trouble. cousins ain’t gonna make the rodgers throws like last week. go after him and cook and i think they will be okay. i’m hoping for a chiefs win but not holding my breath. 

Dalvin Cook may be the best RB in the NFL right now. That defense has no real weaknesses. They are unbelievably healthy and are coming in off 3 extra days rest. This would be a good win under normal circumstancs.

Cousins has played well of late but he's clearly the guy we need to create some heat on and see if he folds. He has before. Im not going to even pretend like we can't win this. We can. But it will take a special effort with the players we have out. 

19 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

All comes down to Cousins. If he plays well, we lose. If he is off, we can win.

This pretty much sums it up.  Cousins is impossible to predict, but if he's on then the Vikings will likely beat any team in the NFL.  If he's off basically anyone can beat them.  It's really weird.

20 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

FYI, it's been 3 years since we lost a game by more than 1 score.  It was week 4 2016 in Pittsburgh for SNF. 

I actually think MIN is less of a team than GB and we have a good chance to win based on how well we played last week.

38 minutes ago, dksww said:

FYI, it's been 3 years since we lost a game by more than 1 score.  It was week 4 2016 in Pittsburgh for SNF. 

I actually think MIN is less of a team than GB and we have a good chance to win based on how well we played last week.

We lost to the Cowboys 28-17 in 2017. But otherwise its been a remarkable run of being competitive every week. Big time credit to Andy. I don't agree however that GB is better than Minnesota. They clearly are at QB. But basically nowhere else. Vikings defense is better across the board. And they have better WRs and a better RB. To me, this is the most complete team we will play all season including New England. And they got 3 extra days to rest and prepare with an already remarkably healthy team. All that said, I'm tired of losing at home and I hope the players play like they are too and steal this game despite the obstacles. I think that would really spark this team. I can also see getting run out of the building too if we dont come in fired up and struggle with Dalvin Cook who is playing as well as any RB in football. 

My expectations with all the guys out isn't very high. But I'm tired of excuses. No reason to ever lose 4 in a row at home. Bring the fire and prove its not acceptable to the players either. I just hope that game wasn't GB...

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

This pretty much sums it up.  Cousins is impossible to predict, but if he's on then the Vikings will likely beat any team in the NFL.  If he's off basically anyone can beat them.  It's really weird.

This is a team without any noticable flaws that nearly everyone has. And completely healthy. But Cousins is an enigma. He just won NFC offensive player of the month after struggling through a 2-2 September. The Chiefs have to make Cousins the catalyst rather than Dalvin Cook and hope they can rattle him. 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This is a team without any noticable flaws that nearly everyone has. And completely healthy. But Cousins is an enigma. He just won NFC offensive player of the month after struggling through a 2-2 September. The Chiefs have to make Cousins the catalyst rather than Dalvin Cook and hope they can rattle him. 

When I heard that Elway's plan was to bring in Shanahan/Cousins as a package deal I was freaking pumped.  Then Joe Ellis stepped in and stopped it.  Cousins, WHEN ON, is incredible.  If you can tap that 75% of the season, your team will make the playoffs.  The Vikings are solid, and their running game has come on strong, which has really helped Cousins out as well.  Now you have to pick your poison with them, and neither poison is easy to deal with.

30 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We lost to the Cowboys 28-17 in 2017. But otherwise its been a remarkable run of being competitive every week. Big time credit to Andy. I don't agree however that GB is better than Minnesota. They clearly are at QB. But basically nowhere else. Vikings defense is better across the board. And they have better WRs and a better RB. To me, this is the most complete team we will play all season including New England. And they got 3 extra days to rest and prepare with an already remarkably healthy team. All that said, I'm tired of losing at home and I hope the players play like they are too and steal this game despite the obstacles. I think that would really spark this team. I can also see getting run out of the building too if we dont come in fired up and struggle with Dalvin Cook who is playing as well as any RB in football. 

My expectations with all the guys out isn't very high. But I'm tired of excuses. No reason to ever lose 4 in a row at home. Bring the fire and prove its not acceptable to the players either. I just hope that game wasn't GB...

ah that's right, i forgot about that cowboys game

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Now you have to pick your poison with them, and neither poison is easy to deal with.

I would take the running game from them, and see if Cousins, Theilan and DIggs can win.

If our secondary has come along the way we all think it has, then there is no question what Spags will/should do.

Bring Honey Badger down in the box, rotate Dlinemen all game, and force Cousins to make throws on 3rd and longs with pressure in his face.

Imo, that's THE ONLY way we can win.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

ah that's right, i forgot about that cowboys game

Its not like we weren't competitive that day either. We may have even had a brief 4th quarter lead. I can just see this Vikings game being a 31-17 type deal if we can't get a body or two back. I'd be estatic if I'm wrong and I do realize we are capable of getting this done if we have a great game plan and a playoff type effort. We NEED this not so much for the division. But for my sanity. LOL

45 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Its not like we weren't competitive that day either. We may have even had a brief 4th quarter lead. I can just see this Vikings game being a 31-17 type deal if we can't get a body or two back. I'd be estatic if I'm wrong and I do realize we are capable of getting this done if we have a great game plan and a playoff type effort. We NEED this not so much for the division. But for my sanity. LOL

ya, this stretch of games riddled with injuries sucks.  I could be wrong, but like I said I actually like our chances against MIN better than I did against GB.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

ya, this stretch of games riddled with injuries sucks.  I could be wrong, but like I said I actually like our chances against MIN better than I did against GB.

I’m opposite. Gb was missing Adams. 
Minnesota is loaded. I think with our injuries, this could be really ugly.

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Had Rogers not threw a couple Mahomes plays on us, we had that game. Not buying into Cousins, if pats playing I give us the edge in this. Be a close game. 

Well yea, if pat plays, no brainer it’s a win. Team will rally behind him hard.