Chiefs/Vikings

19 hours ago, artsy said:

I would take the running game from them, and see if Cousins, Theilan and DIggs can win.

If our secondary has come along the way we all think it has, then there is no question what Spags will/should do.

Bring Honey Badger down in the box, rotate Dlinemen all game, and force Cousins to make throws on 3rd and longs with pressure in his face.

Imo, that's THE ONLY way we can win.

Absolutely. And Spags agreed with you based on his comments yesterday. Nothing matters if we can’t slow down Cook. The guy is an absolute beast. 

This has been a frustrating year. Quite a tough stretch with Mahomes out or hobbled plus all the other injuries. Ravens, Indy, Texans, Packers, Vikings? All playoff caliber teams. Detroit isn't a slouch nor is Oakland for that matter. In fact, the Titans are capable of beating good teams as well. In the meantime the Patriots get to play teams like the Dolphins, Jets and Redskins. Where is the justice?.

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

I’m opposite. Gb was missing Adams. 
Minnesota is loaded. I think with our injuries, this could be really ugly.

Like I said, I could be wrong.  Just thinking that Rodgers > Cousins.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

This has been a frustrating year. Quite a tough stretch with Mahomes out or hobbled plus all the other injuries. Ravens, Indy, Texans, Packers, Vikings? All playoff caliber teams. Detroit isn't a slouch nor is Oakland for that matter. In fact, the Titans are capable of beating good teams as well. In the meantime the Patriots get to play teams like the Dolphins, Jets and Redskins. Where is the justice?.

It's because they're more "Krafty" than us. 

Re: Chiefs Pre Game discussion

Post by Raptorman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:36 pm

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: 
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 am
So it appears we are going up against an aggressive blitzing defense. Given our line, I would flood them with dump off passes out of the shotgun. I’d go 2 WR’s, one TE, and split Cook and Mattison left and right behind Cousins. If Thielen doesn’t play, I go 2 TE’s. Get the ball out in 2 seconds and watch the yards pile up.
Top five QB's against the blitz in 2019 so far. In reverse order.

5. Aaron Rodgers 118.6
4. Phillip Rivers. 120.0
3. Russell Wilson. 122.9
2. Matthew Stafford. 125.7
1. Kirk Cousins. 130.0

Mahomes remained the number 2 QB in practice today so I think its obvious they are still looking at the Tennesee game for his return. We will see at Andy's presser though. Good news is Frank Clark practiced today. We will see how the neck responded. Would be really nice to have him and Jones (even at 75 percent).

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Why couldn't we have Mahomes AND the defense step up? That's how you win Super Bowls.

Mahomes will be back, but to me this week is not a must have Mahomes game. It's still very early, and I think letting him get as much rest as possible for the brutal stretch coming up will be a win iwn

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Mahomes will be back, but to me this week is not a must have Mahomes game. It's still very early, and I think letting him get as much rest as possible for the brutal stretch coming up will be a win iwn

Unlike last week Andy said today they have not ruled Mahomes out for Sunday. I think he's ready but they likely hold off another week anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Unlike last week Andy said today they have not ruled Mahomes out for Sunday. I think he's ready but they likely hold off another week anyway. 

maybe they do play him. Perhaps they don't want to risk going 0-4 at home.. man that would be a bummer lol. but who cares right we need mahomes for the long haul 

12 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

maybe they do play him. Perhaps they don't want to risk going 0-4 at home.. man that would be a bummer lol. but who cares right we need mahomes for the long haul 

I'd say based on the amount of reps that Moore got in practice this week it's a safe bet he will play on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'd say based on the amount of reps that Moore got in practice this week it's a safe bet he will play on Sunday.

good call then. that Vikings defense is fierce, absolutely no need for Mahomes to return to this game, especially after we should have beat SB contending GB  

18 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

good call then. that Vikings defense is fierce, absolutely no need for Mahomes to return to this game, especially after we should have beat SB contending GB  

Yep...this one game means little in comparison to the big picture.

37 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

what about Fisher??

Fisher tried to go last week and Andy said he wasn't ready. He said they would wait until he's ready to try again. I'd think Fish is looking at coming back after the bye. 

i look at this game as a out of conference game which doesn’t hold the same value as in conference. also the schedule for the other 3 teams in the afc west this week are tough. i think reid and co are looking at this and weighing it all,out. let’s not forget last week chiefs may have won if mccoy didn’t fumble. i’m all for resting players and have them ready for tennessee. let’s the rest of guys go after it. it’s football man on man and anything can happen.