Chiefs/Vikings

6 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Not if Cousins is having an ON night.  If he is, he might be the best QB in the NFL.

Part of being a great QB is consistency that Cousins has never had. Anyone can get hot for stretches.  Even then, Cousins isn’t in Rodgers league. He’s playing great the last month largely because Dalvin Cook is elite and commanding so much attention.  Without him Cousins is kind of a king of the checkdown type guy in the Alex Smith mode.  But play action will work a lot when you have an Emmitt Smith type runner 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Part of being a great QB is consistency that Cousins has never had. Anyone can get hot for stretches.  Even then, Cousins isn’t in Rodgers league. He’s playing great the last month largely because Dalvin Cook is elite and commanding so much attention.  Without him Cousins is kind of a king of the checkdown type guy in the Alex Smith mode.  But play action will work a lot when you have an Emmitt Smith type runner 

Exactly! Prime example is Ryan Fitzpatrick. He has earned (sometimes jokingly) the nickname "Fitzmagic". There have been games or small stretches in his career where he has absolutely lit it up. But he simply cannot sustain it. Cousins is similar.

I don’t know about that best in the league statement. But if you don’t pressure him, the dude can pick you apart with those stud WRs and the threat of Cook.

Start Williams, Hitch and Rags. Crash the line to stop Cook and pressure Cousins and we Thornhill and the Badger could have multiple picks with the way our CBs are playing.

Stop Cook. Not just because a good friend is starting him against me in fantasy. Well, yeah, that’s why. I don’t want him to get 87.3 points with one player.

Looks like Mahomes and Clark are close but sitting out one more week. Clark’s neck improved “dramatically” through the week so they are likely being cautious with both. Chris Jones will play.  Tough challenge minus key players but man do we need this. 

Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes, listed as questionable due to his knee injury, is expected to miss his second straight game Sunday, per source. Chiefs’ QB Matt Moore will start vs. the Vikings.

The #Chiefs have a few other key injuries besides just QB Patrick Mahomes. Source said DE Frank Clark (neck) is unlikely to play and if he does, he’ll be extremely limited. Meanwhile with two full practices this week, DT Chris Jones (groin) is in good position to return.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Looks like Mahomes and Clark are close but sitting out one more week. Clark’s neck improved “dramatically” through the week so they are likely being cautious with both. Chris Jones will play.  Tough challenge minus key players but man do we need this. 

Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes, listed as questionable due to his knee injury, is expected to miss his second straight game Sunday, per source. Chiefs’ QB Matt Moore will start vs. the Vikings.

The #Chiefs have a few other key injuries besides just QB Patrick Mahomes. Source said DE Frank Clark (neck) is unlikely to play and if he does, he’ll be extremely limited. Meanwhile with two full practices this week, DT Chris Jones (groin) is in good position to return.

Just gotta keep the division lead. Playoffs everyone is 0-0.

14 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Let’s revisit this after the game this week.

No need to revisit. Doesn’t matter if Cousins throws for 500 yards, five td’s, finds Jimmy Hoffa and cures cancer this week - he will still not be one of the best qb’s in the league. He’s the third best qb in his own division for crying out loud. I’m not saying he’s lousy. I think he is a solid if not sometimes spectacular qb, but I can list 10 qbs that are unquestionably better. 

Rogers, Satfford, Wilson, Goff, Wentz, Brees, Mahomes, Rivers, Brady, Rothlisburger. There are 4-5 more that I could argue are as good or better. If your not top ten, you’re not one of the best. 

4 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

We’re missing 1/3 of our starters due to injury 

1) PM2

2) Frank Clark 

3) Fisher

4) LDT

5) Fuller

6) Okafor

7) Wylie

Vikings are missing ZERO starters.

The Vikes are going to f-ing steam roll us.

Ldt , fuller, Wylie are avg. their replacements may actually be better.

5-4 is a dangerous place in imo. Doesn’t leave room for error. 
I’m hoping for a miracle today.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Ldt , fuller, Wylie are avg. their replacements may actually be better.

5-4 is a dangerous place in imo. Doesn’t leave room for error. 
I’m hoping for a miracle today.

The only injuries that really hurt us is PM and fisher.